VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3DMoss View Post
    Are those the only things required? I have the tags and trace channel in project settings. They were there before migration. Are the tags only referenced by the character?
    The tags were for the "generic" setup for the template, they are part of the grippables specifically for end users as you have to define gameplay tag interfaces in c++ and it made sense for them to have them.

The actual structure of all of the tags can be anything, it doesn't have to be the one that the template uses, the template just checks them for the different button and use actions.

Trace channel is very useful as you can specifically allow or ignore hand checks to anything, but it also isn't required to use the plugin, you could use any other trace channel and ignore object types instead.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Likely need to do the trace channel and tags before migrating the rest to be sure. Though it should work as is and others have done it the same way?

Regardless, if you already started on your own, I wouldn't suggest migrating the template char over, it was never originally intended to be a base, but a set of examples. Its sooooo generic on interactions (overly so) because it lets people try just about anything with it. If I were to make a specific game however and knew my interactions and button layouts ahead of time, I wouldn't use the template character for it, it has too much in it for most games and is overly complicated.

The basic GripObjectByInterface function run off of a trace or overlap lets you use all of the levers and dials and grippables as is. You would only need to handle per bone gripping if you wanted it and slot grip checks which is a self contained node (and AddSecondaryAttachment if you wanted two handed interactions).

I had/have plans on a very simplistic pawn just showing ground zero setup, but it keeps getting pushed back on my TODO.
      Yeah I intend to do that, this was just for some quick testing. I have successfully merged into other test projects, that's why this is frustrating. It just won't work in the project I want it to, I have no idea whyy.

Comment

Originally posted by SKYNET2K View Post

Yes i read this in the Wiki but i dont have the nodes!

I dont use the template i add the plugin to exist Project! I try make my controller colision all ignore but have still the problem
        If you are on the template in any version since 4.17 yes you do. Movement actions are part of the character movement component. Get a reference to it and draw a line out to search.

The SetActorRotationVR nodes are part of the character itself, it should find them anywhere.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by 3DMoss View Post

Yeah I intend to do that, this was just for some quick testing. I have successfully merged into other test projects, that's why this is frustrating. It just won't work in the project I want it to, I have no idea whyy.
          Drop a break point in the blueprints at the trigger press and see where it fails then, will let you know what is unhooked.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

If you are on the template in any version since 4.17 yes you do. Movement actions are part of the character movement component. Get a reference to it and draw a line out to search.

The SetActorRotationVR nodes are part of the character itself, it should find them anywhere.
            No i cant find it! i use 4.15

In The 4.18 Template from you i find it but not in my own 4.15 Project

Comment

Well, I have made progress. I deleted all other trace channels in my project, and now gripping works. I'm gonna have to dig a bit to find which one is causing the issue. Thanks for help everyone.

Comment

No i cant find it! i use 4.15

In The 4.18 Template from you i find it but not in my own 4.15 Project
                Yeah it wasn't in the 4.15 branch, it took a significant overhaul of how the character replicates so I can't merge it back either.

You can use what the teleport function used back then the RotateAroundPivot node to achieve the same thing, it just takes more effort, search for it in the character to see where it was used.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yeah it wasn't in the 4.15 branch, it took a significant overhaul of how the character replicates so I can't merge it back either.

You can use what the teleport function used back then the RotateAroundPivot node to achieve the same thing, it just takes more effort, search for it in the character to see where it was used.
                  I dont understand with search in character! what a character? in the 4.18 template?

Comment

I dont understand with search in character! what a character? in the 4.18 template?
                    yes, I think it is still in the legacy teleport nodes in there.

But this is the node: https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/VREx...oundPivot.html

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

yes, I think it is still in the legacy teleport nodes in there.

But this is the node: https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/VREx...oundPivot.html
                      i Found the node but its not in teleport function not in your 4.18 template not in the Epics Standard Teleport function! how i can use it now for my rotation?

Comment

i Found the node but its not in teleport function not in your 4.18 template not in the Epics Standard Teleport function! how i can use it now for my rotation?
                        This should work, just set the delta rotations yaw to your turn increment.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

This should work, just set the delta rotations yaw to your turn increment.

THX For Helping me, but thi s not work for me its not rotate its move me Radom backward Left or right.

Comment

THX For Helping me, but thi s not work for me its not rotate its move me Radom backward Left or right.
                            Ah, sorry, the default character setup in engine is to use ControlRotation, it overrides actor rotation, so the rotation is working correctly but its not applying.

You can either tick off UseControlRotationYaw on the character or do the below (I also removed the inverse transform and just got the camera relative location instead).

Note that this should be in a function and the NewLocation and NewRotation results should be set to local variables, otherwise the SetControlRotation node will re-call RotateAroundPivot (this is just how blueprints work). It will still work but its extra overhead, and if the calls were reversed (location second) then it wouldn't work correctly.

*Edit* The later version of the plugin with my custom SetRotation nodes account for the control rotation already.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 01-24-2018, 02:54 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ah, sorry, the default character setup in engine is to use ControlRotation, it overrides actor rotation, so the rotation is working correctly but its not applying.

You can either tick off UseControlRotationYaw on the character or do the below (I also removed the inverse transform and just got the camera relative location instead).

Note that this should be in a function and the NewLocation and NewRotation results should be set to local variables, otherwise the SetControlRotation node will re-call RotateAroundPivot (this is just how blueprints work). It will still work but its extra overhead, and if the calls were reversed (location second) then it wouldn't work correctly.

*Edit* The later version of the plugin with my custom SetRotation nodes account for the control rotation already.
                              Perfect Thank You

Comment

I make now the VRTraceChannel and set it in my Controller to Ignore!

But where i can set thats the VRTraceChannel is the Capsule?

Comment

Working...
                                X