No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was made a year and a half ago, how is the replication in this not standard for UE4 by now?

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

What part are you stuck on?
      Managed to get the plugins to import.... VS2017 didnt have C++ installed.

Im such a noob though that Im not even sure how to spawn a pawn in haha. Want my player to have touchpad locomotion. Much reading for me.

Comment

I've had more editor crashing than normal in 4.18 but it hasn't been terrible.

I am just holding off on large feature additions until after 4.19 because they changed large areas of the engine that my plugin uses and it is going to be a longer migration than normal, I don't want to be trying to finish new features and porting to 4.19 at the same time.
        allright, clear, thanks for the reply! I will use your plugin for my new project. Looking allready forward to start with it the coming months, like your template a lot allready!

Comment

Sorry to bump and apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.
          Is it possible to make surfaces climbable via material? Or surfaces within a decal actor's projection volume climbable?

In short, I was wondering if there's already a way to make a surface climbable based on appearance alone.

Comment

Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post
            Sorry to bump and apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.
            Is it possible to make surfaces climbable via material? Or surfaces within a decal actor's projection volume climbable?

In short, I was wondering if there's already a way to make a surface climbable based on appearance alone.
            I would use a physical material, in the CanObjectBeClimbed function you can check the physics material surface type of the object for whatever you want and allow / disallow climbing based on that.

IE: Allow climbing on wood / metal, disallow on glass, or however you want to set it up.

If you literally wanted it to be based on something like "only climb on the color green", you'd have to get more involved.
            Last edited by mordentral; 12-18-2017, 09:12 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

You generate them from your project, plugins don't have their own solution files.

If your project isn't source based you will either need to add a source file to it so that it has the required files for compilation (engine generates them then), or use the pre-compiled binary releases.
              Wait, I think I am using the pre-compiled binary releases. Is there a different step-by-step guide for those?

Comment

Originally posted by chaosyoshimage View Post

Wait, I think I am using the pre-compiled binary releases. Is there a different step-by-step guide for those?
                Not currently no, you should be able to pick and place in the plugins folder and launch....that is assuming you have the same engine version.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Not currently no, you should be able to pick and place in the plugins folder and launch....that is assuming you have the same engine version.
                  Oh, yeah, that was simple. Okay, it's installed! Any recommended documentation/tutorials for using the plug-in? I'm just going through your videos and this thread right now.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosyoshimage View Post

Oh, yeah, that was simple. Okay, it's installed! Any recommended documentation/tutorials for using the plug-in? I'm just going through your videos and this thread right now.
                    Example template is the best tutorial, but it also implements nearly everything so it is a bit cluttered.

No real "starting fresh" tutorials right now, its something I would like to get to but just updating the plugin takes most of my free time.

https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...ugin/wiki/Home

Wiki has what documentation I do have

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed an update to the repositories tonight

Code:
                       Climbing no longer hitches on using it  
                       and dropping it right away while standing on the floor  

Added 2.15f Z offset to VRRootCapsule by default to sink everything else (tracked objects) into the ground  
                       a little bit and counteract the walking hover.  

Adding the walking hover to falling mode (checking for floor during falling).  
                       This removes most of the hitching when walking off of objects and entering into  
                       falling directly out of climbing. (this appears to have been an Epic Games Bug  
                       as it appears in all of their games using a character and in thier templates).  

Zeroing out the velocity of the character if an auto step up is performed.  
                       This keeps custom step up movement modes from receiving the last known movement  
                       velocity.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I would use a physical material, in the CanObjectBeClimbed function you can check the physics material surface type of the object for whatever you want and allow / disallow climbing based on that.

IE: Allow climbing on wood / metal, disallow on glass, or however you want to set it up.

If you literally wanted it to be based on something like "only climb on the color green", you'd have to get more involved.

Awesome, thanks. I should've known you had materials covered. I think what I was getting at with making surfaces within a decal volume grippable was to give some leeway with the grippable surface; so like your grab spheres don't have to actually be intersecting with the material in order to grab.

I've only dealt with static, skeletal and landscapes for grippable/climbable stuff. Is it currently possible to make volumes (box, sphere, capsule collision) climbable? Or does there have to be a material/static/skeletal/landscape actor to climbable.

Comment

chaosyoshimage I pmed you a bit ago to help. It's cool you got it figured out though. Let me know what kind of tutorial you want and I can make a video on it.

Comment

Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post

Awesome, thanks. I should've known you had materials covered. I think what I was getting at with making surfaces within a decal volume grippable was to give some leeway with the grippable surface; so like your grab spheres don't have to actually be intersecting with the material in order to grab.

I've only dealt with static, skeletal and landscapes for grippable/climbable stuff. Is it currently possible to make volumes (box, sphere, capsule collision) climbable? Or does there have to be a material/static/skeletal/landscape actor to climbable.
                            Anything that has a world position and that can take and overlap or trace (or you manually specify) can be climbed. Its kind of up to you to define the limits.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, i wanted to get my vr hands in this template. I think that wouldnt be a problem, because the templates are almost the same in this place. But somehow i get this warning, and it doesnt work anymore. But i have the impression this warning was allready here before i started to implement this vrhands animationBP in your template. I cannot figure out how to solve this, you maybe?
                              log:
                              Begin Object Class=/Script/BlueprintGraph.K2Node_CallFunction Name="K2Node_CallFunction_144"
                              bIsPureFunc=True
                              FunctionReference=(MemberParent=Class'"/Script/Engine.NavigationSystem"',MemberName="ProjectPointToNavigation")
                              NodePosX=2032
                              NodePosY=704
                              bHasCompilerMessage=True
                              bCommentBubbleVisible=True
                              NodeComment="Project our hit against the NavMesh to find a place for player to stand."
                              ErrorType=3
                              ErrorMsg="ProjectPointToNavigation_DEPRECATED is deprecated; This version of ProjectPointToNavigation is deprecated. Please use the new version"

Last edited by wontonanimalchin; 12-19-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wontonanimalchin View Post
                                Hi, i wanted to get my vr hands in this template. I think that wouldnt be a problem, because the templates are almost the same in this place. But somehow i get this warning, and it doesnt work anymore. But i have the impression this warning was allready here before i started to implement this vrhands animationBP in your template. I cannot figure out how to solve this, you maybe?
                                log:

Please wrap that in code tags so that it boxes / scrolls.

But yeah, you are using an older version of the template with a newer engine version (or upgrading it). Epic deprecated the ProjectPontOntoNavigation node in 4.16 (?I think, maybe it was 4.17).

You literally just have to replace it with the new version that they added.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X