Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

    No, its working?

    What are you having problems with?

    *Edit* If you are trying to use it in 2D you need to use the keyboard, i mapped to input in 2D. In VR you use the lever and wheel.
    hmm weird, i tiried it again, but its not working pulling the lever. The car is not moving! (using the vive)

    Comment


      Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post
      Anyone know why the procedural meshes would spawn in instead of my hand meshes? I can totally bypass the issue by just disconnecting the Event Possessed in the OpenVR section, but I'm worried that might cause other problems. I had a bunch of problems in 4.17.2 and it was disconnected there...
      Its in the character i default to the procedural meshes. You can disconnect the Sequence pin going to spawn them to remove it.


      In 4.19 all motion controllers by default have the capability to create their meshes, so I am likely going to entirely remove all of that anyway.


      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        Pushed a minor update today, keeping things to light bugfixes until 4.19 because its going to require so many changes

        Code:
        Fixed bWalkingCollisionOverride in multiplayer with the new movement system
        
        Also added another null set to the RootComponent to ensure parity


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Hi! I'm trying to use this plugin and am following the installation guide. However, when I get to the point where I need to generate a Visual Studio file, I'm having trouble. I can generate Visual Studio files for my own projects, but I can't generate them for the downloaded plugin files. Unreal won't open them despite them being labelled as .uproject files, as well. I can't find Unreal as an option to open it unless I go to the installation folder and even then the icon is a black Unreal icon instead of the blue one on my projects which I can generate Visual Studio files for. Any advice for me on installing the plugin? I'm using Visual Studio 2017, but I also have 2013 and 2015 installed. Also, I've been using 1.17.2 for Unreal, but I downloaded the latest version today in an attempt to fix this issue to no avail.

          Comment


            Originally posted by chaosyoshimage View Post
            Hi! I'm trying to use this plugin and am following the installation guide. However, when I get to the point where I need to generate a Visual Studio file, I'm having trouble. I can generate Visual Studio files for my own projects, but I can't generate them for the downloaded plugin files. Unreal won't open them despite them being labelled as .uproject files, as well. I can't find Unreal as an option to open it unless I go to the installation folder and even then the icon is a black Unreal icon instead of the blue one on my projects which I can generate Visual Studio files for. Any advice for me on installing the plugin? I'm using Visual Studio 2017, but I also have 2013 and 2015 installed. Also, I've been using 1.17.2 for Unreal, but I downloaded the latest version today in an attempt to fix this issue to no avail.
            The plugin itself isn't a uproject, it just goes in your projects plugins folder and when you generate the project files for your project it will include the plugin as well.

            If you want the "project" version then you'll have to download the template project instead.


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              mordentral Thanks a lot for the info on procedural meshes.

              @chaosyoshimage
              The step-by-step is mainly for adding the plugin to a project; though the last bit of it does apply to building the VRExpTemplate. I'll pm you to get it working.

              mordentral
              Sorry, man I messed up on the (Edit) first ss of the tutorial. It says the VRExpPlugin only works on 4.12 ~ 4.16. It should be "4.12 and later". I hope people aren't stopping there...


              Btw, grip priority is an awesome setting.

              Plugin suggestion: would it be possible to make a decal climbable? maybe that's a bad idea, but without thinking too much about it it seems it'd be really easy to implement specific climbable areas in a level via decal, rather than using static meshes that are marked climbable. I bet you already came up with a better way than that though, hehe.
              Last edited by kusokuso1; 12-14-2017, 05:13 AM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                No, its working?

                What are you having problems with?

                *Edit* If you are trying to use it in 2D you need to use the keyboard, i mapped to input in 2D. In VR you use the lever and wheel.
                Sorry, i did something wrong, it does work

                Question: I will start another project, and thinking about it to use your format. I just completed a project in 4.16 and that worked fine. But now i have to descide to start with 4.18,... or wait till 4.19.
                I know 4.18 is full of problems, and now you tell it too i will have to descide within one month, till end of january
                Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                Pushed a minor update today, keeping things to light bugfixes until 4.19 because its going to require so many changes

                Code:
                Fixed bWalkingCollisionOverride in multiplayer with the new movement system
                
                Also added another null set to the RootComponent to ensure parity

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                  The plugin itself isn't a uproject, it just goes in your projects plugins folder and when you generate the project files for your project it will include the plugin as well.

                  If you want the "project" version then you'll have to download the template project instead.
                  I don't need a "project" version, but I do need to be able to generate the Visual Studio files, right? That isn't working.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by chaosyoshimage View Post

                    I don't need a "project" version, but I do need to be able to generate the Visual Studio files, right? That isn't working.
                    You generate them from your project, plugins don't have their own solution files.

                    If your project isn't source based you will either need to add a source file to it so that it has the required files for compilation (engine generates them then), or use the pre-compiled binary releases.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by wontonanimalchin View Post

                      Sorry, i did something wrong, it does work

                      Question: I will start another project, and thinking about it to use your format. I just completed a project in 4.16 and that worked fine. But now i have to descide to start with 4.18,... or wait till 4.19.
                      I know 4.18 is full of problems, and now you tell it too i will have to descide within one month, till end of january
                      I've had more editor crashing than normal in 4.18 but it hasn't been terrible.

                      I am just holding off on large feature additions until after 4.19 because they changed large areas of the engine that my plugin uses and it is going to be a longer migration than normal, I don't want to be trying to finish new features and porting to 4.19 at the same time.


                      Consider supporting me on patreon

                      My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

                      Comment


                        Yeah, I've been having a lot of crashes in the VR Preview mode since 4.18. I can't really tell if it's my code or bugs in the engine... But I hope it becomes more stable.

                        Comment


                          Hi guys. I'm currently looking into throwing dead corpses around in VR. I was thinking that the grippableSkeletalMesh would be perfect for this, just make a ragdoll and good to go! However, it seems this isn't the case. When i make my ragdoll a grippable skeletal mesh, I can pick it up, but only by the root bone. I was hoping to be able to whip him around by the legs. Any idea if i'm missing something simple or if this just isn't possible the way i'm trying to do it?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by MagusShade View Post
                            Hi guys. I'm currently looking into throwing dead corpses around in VR. I was thinking that the grippableSkeletalMesh would be perfect for this, just make a ragdoll and good to go! However, it seems this isn't the case. When i make my ragdoll a grippable skeletal mesh, I can pick it up, but only by the root bone. I was hoping to be able to whip him around by the legs. Any idea if i'm missing something simple or if this just isn't possible the way i'm trying to do it?
                            Which grip type are you using? It would have to be a physical grip (interactive or manipulation grip) in order to grip the simulating body. Otherwise you are just holding the component itself, the physical grips use Physics constraints.

                            Regardless the physics constraint also works off of the global pose of the actor so I doubt seperate bone gripping would work as is anyway, would take some custom setup (as in I would have to start passing in the bone name to the constraint creation).

                            I'll mark it as something to get around to, its not something that should be defaulted to always be used as generally you want to grip the root body only so i'll have to figure out the best method to flag it.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 12-15-2017, 04:28 PM.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Normally I would consider myself a somewhat intelligent person (sort of....) but I CANNOT get any of this to migrate into my project. I have read the documentation and got Vs2017. Just cant make it work.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Sammole View Post
                                Normally I would consider myself a somewhat intelligent person (sort of....) but I CANNOT get any of this to migrate into my project. I have read the documentation and got Vs2017. Just cant make it work.
                                What part are you stuck on?


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X