No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushed a new commit to the plugin, this one has some migration requirements as noted here:
    https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...18%20Migration

Template changes
    Code:
    Template updated to correct BP compilation errors due to the plugin changes below.

Also made some slight optimizations in the DropAllGrips function due to a new BP node (GetAllGrips).

Plugin changes
    Code:
    Updated documentation comments plugin wide so that auto generation and tooltips are both
    more useful.

Changed name of grip array in source to GrippedObjects instead of Gripped Actors.
    The original name was a holdover from the very early days of the plugin.

Migrating to this version will require change to the new name where it is used in blueprints and source.

Sorry for the hassle but I had to do it at some point and 4.19 is going to be heavy.

Added function void GetAllGrips(TArray<FBPActorGripInformation> &GripArray).
    Returns a consolated list of grip structures, useful for avoiding checking local
    and normal grip arrays seperately.

GetGrippedActors/Components/Objects nodes converted to BluePrintPure (no longer have execution pins).
    They didn't need to be executable. Depending on what you use them for you may need to alter blueprints
    that were using them.

PostTeleportMoveGrippedActors renamed to PostTeleportMoveGrippedObjects, you will have to replace
    the nodes / functions where you used them (if you did, template does not).

Added Axis_Z and Axis_XZ options to the lever (another SpaceHarry pull request)
    Axis_XZ may require further edits to get working perfectly.

*Edit* Pre-packaged won't be uploaded for a couple of hours as I can't start them yet

Also I would like people to note the new wiki section: Migration Guides

*Re Edit* Precompiled binaries are out, also pushed a minor fix for a naming conflict from this last commit.
    Last edited by mordentral; 12-05-2017, 10:22 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

I think those are set client side, the fade grid just fades in and out of the OpenVR primary enviroment (I think they misnamed it).

If you want more control by the way, use the SetSuspendRendering function so that you directly control when it blanks out to the loading enviroment and back.
      I fussed about with these steam functions you've exposed, but it looks like they don't provide a way to get rid of those circular grid lines. I'll just switch my approach to try and make the grid lines make sense for the experience. Thanks for suggesting the SetSuspendRendering. It does make the transitions much cleaner.
      Last edited by MagicBots; 12-06-2017, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Updated the template to clean up the gameplay tag usage a bit, it actually required extending the GameplayTag functionality in engine as well to get working correctly. (new commit to the plugin adds this, but its not a big deal unless you use this new template version).

The new GripDropOrUseObject node looks like below, I am calling the new one from the old one so that hopefully it will remain backwards compatible for now for people.

*Edit* The functionality I needed for this from gameplay tags is entirely missing both in c++ and blueprint currently, I am considering cleaning it up, expanding it, and pull requesting it to the engine itself eventually. If that happens the node names for the new gameplay tag functions would likely change at some point.
        Last edited by mordentral; 12-06-2017, 09:00 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Due to a request that made me realize I had never gotten around to it yet.

Code:
          Added Secondary grip Use and EndUse options to the template. Its always functioned in the plugin but I never hooked them up in the example content.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for update. Example project is compatible with 4.18? I get an error trying to compile plugins (I've downloaded latest plugin versions and example project)

Comment

Is there a way i can set up a unique finger position for different items?

Comment

Originally posted by SoLiDioS View Post
                Is there a way i can set up a unique finger position for different items?

However you want to do it...yes

I don't have seperate hand animations and that is kind of a gameplay thing so its not already built in. Can be a generic system but there are so many ways to set it up and depending on what you want out of it some are better than others.
                Last edited by mordentral; 12-09-2017, 10:47 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new commit to the plugin and template today

Plugin:

Code:
                  Added GripPriority setting to AdvancedGripSettings, lets you perform logic on the priority of
                  something using the interface.
                  Could also be used to sort through currently held items.

Template:

Code:
                  Converted grip trace/overlap to an array check and a MultiSphere trace. It now loops through all
                  hit / overlapped components and checks for if they are grippable and if so, if they have a higher grip priority
                  than the last. This lets you use the new grip priority setting and also makes grip detection more powerful.

It also always prioritizes gripping something over climbing on something.

The old method just took the first detected object (closest one) and went with it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

so much fun this new features Little question, the car in your example template does not work, is that something with my settings, or do i miss something?

Comment

Dear Modentral
                      Good evening. thanks for keeping updated the plugin and as always its amaizing

I am here to ask for a feature request for architectural visualization, what i am expecting is a spray paint can like in the video link attached

https://youtu.be/UYR6bWijeR0

Regards
                      Joshy

Comment

Originally posted by wontonanimalchin View Post
                        so much fun this new features Little question, the car in your example template does not work, is that something with my settings, or do i miss something?
                        No, its working?

What are you having problems with?

*Edit* If you are trying to use it in 2D you need to use the keyboard, i mapped to input in 2D. In VR you use the lever and wheel.
                        Last edited by mordentral; 12-12-2017, 09:34 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

The newest updates are so great! The gameplay tag system is a fantastic idea for implementing all the grip and use combinations! Just spent a few days updating a project from 4.14 to 4.18 and there are so many great VRExpansion editions! Returned to find the plugin has had large updates again! But the new migration guide is very, very helpful! Such a great plugin dude!!
                          Michael Wentworth-Bell
                          Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
                          Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Using the latest version of the plugin (downloaded 10 minutes ago from Master Branch), it says Version 4.17 in the Editor's Plugins menu.

Maybe it's not an issue, and even if it were it's no big deal, but just thought I'd point it out because it's a bit misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post
                              Using the latest version of the plugin (downloaded 10 minutes ago from Master Branch), it says Version 4.17 in the Editor's Plugins menu.

Maybe it's not an issue, and even if it were it's no big deal, but just thought I'd point it out because it's a bit misleading.
                              Thanks, forgot to update the uplugin files, its fixed now. Doesn't effect how it compiles any, but nice to keep the value current.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Anyone know why the procedural meshes would spawn in instead of my hand meshes? I can totally bypass the issue by just disconnecting the Event Possessed in the OpenVR section, but I'm worried that might cause other problems. I had a bunch of problems in 4.17.2 and it was disconnected there...

Comment

Working...
                                X