VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    hey guys sorry to bother, i need some lights.
    Well i am trying to lock the hand mesh at the secondary grip on the weapon. When i do the secondary grip i want to use the animation on the hand (to hold the weapon) but the hand can't move, while doing the influence on the weapon.
    I tried to use the multigrip option and it works partially, the hand gets locked on the secondary socket on the weapon but i can still move the hand and feels weird. I believe theres some easy way to do this i am being kinda noob on this.
    If this is simple, can you share the solution you guys are using?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

What do you mean can't assign? They don't show up in the search list when clicking on it?
    Yea, inside the mesh under VRGestures - Gesture DB, the dropdown menu is empty.
    Thanks for your support btw!

I´m currently using this example project:
    https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...e/src/default/

Is there maybe a more recent one i have missed with more stuff or something like that?
    Last edited by delphe_01; 05-05-2020, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by delphe_01 View Post
    I somehow can´t assign any GestureDatabase to my (OpenInput)SkeletonMeshes.. Neither the one provided by the example scene from the Vive folder, nor one i created myself.
    Any suggestions on that?
    What do you mean can't assign? They don't show up in the search list when clicking on it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I somehow can´t assign any GestureDatabase to my (OpenInput)SkeletonMeshes.. Neither the one provided by the example scene from the Vive folder, nor one i created myself.
    Any suggestions on that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Eanir View Post

Leave a post here, if you come up with a solution
    Not worth pursuing currently after more testing, there are just too many issues with inverse scaled meshes and physics. I'm either going to move to the steam hands for the example or use corrected left hand.

Originally posted by boxchat View Post
    I have guns that are oriented down the Y-axis, and if I turn on dedicated server, they are facing they wrong direction when gripped. The server actually has them in the right position, but the client doesn't. I can't get the setting in 'Weapon Root Orientation Component' in Gun Tools to do anything.

Any idea what this could be?
    Weapon root orientation is used to define the forward vector of the weapon for recoil and stock mode, not to alter the gripping (sockets / relative transform defines that), the template gun is also Y+ for that matter.

Are you sure that your dedicated server has it correct? They wouldn't visualize with a dedicated server and grip transforms are stored statically, so unless you are modifying the transform or somehow gripping separately on each connection it shouldn't be different.

Originally posted by Warner V View Post

So what I found is that the "Grippable Skeletal Mesh" grabs the root bone, while with a regular skeletal mesh you can grab any part of the mesh (and it attaches the grip to the bone(s) assigned to that part of the mesh, I think). Of course with a regular skeletal mesh you don't have the same control over the rest of the gripping parameters..

Is there any way to get this behavior also in the Grippable Skeletal Mesh?

Oh, and another thing I found: For the VRDial, VRLever, VRDial & VRMount the "Set Grip Priority" is exposed in blueprint, but for Grippable Mesh and Grippable Skeletal Mesh it is not. Any chance these can be exposed as well with the update to 4.25?

If using the template add the PerBoneGripping tag, if not using the template than you need to pass the bone name in to the grip function as well as use the bones transform instead of the actors when passing in the relative transform to use.

That isn't a function, the interactibles are just not based on a grippable base and only implement specifically what they need, so they have a variable on their base with the grip priority. The GripSettings structure contains the normal grippable GripPriority and you can directly set that.

I can add a utility function though.
    Last edited by mordentral; 05-05-2020, 08:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Are your inputs even firing off? You need to check that and regenerate input bindings in the new steam input menu if they aren't.
    Thanks for the reply! Yea they do. I followed Eanirs tutorial, and finally got the hands straight incl. grip_anim! I´ll try out the other stuff now.

Thanks Eanir, much appreciated! Would love to see further tutorials from you!

PeacePeace!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Warner V View Post
    Hi again,

Just a quick question: What is the current status of the "Grippable skeletal mesh"? In the past you could grab only the root bone, then I vaguely remember reading that there was an update on this, but I can't find the post. Is it possible to grab per bone now? If so, is everything controlled by the same VRGrip Interface settings?
    So what I found is that the "Grippable Skeletal Mesh" grabs the root bone, while with a regular skeletal mesh you can grab any part of the mesh (and it attaches the grip to the bone(s) assigned to that part of the mesh, I think). Of course with a regular skeletal mesh you don't have the same control over the rest of the gripping parameters..

Is there any way to get this behavior also in the Grippable Skeletal Mesh?

Oh, and another thing I found: For the VRDial, VRLever, VRDial & VRMount the "Set Grip Priority" is exposed in blueprint, but for Grippable Mesh and Grippable Skeletal Mesh it is not. Any chance these can be exposed as well with the update to 4.25?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have guns that are oriented down the Y-axis, and if I turn on dedicated server, they are facing they wrong direction when gripped. The server actually has them in the right position, but the client doesn't. I can't get the setting in 'Weapon Root Orientation Component' in Gun Tools to do anything.

Any idea what this could be?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Ah, thats something that a community member added when he added a seperate left hand mesh.

Didn't realize he edited the construction script as well and was using that var, I switched it to use the EControllerHand type. Also he imported the left hand as inversed bone facing like the manniquin has, i'm talking to him and a couple others about best setup there, I would prefer to use inverse scaled right hands for the left, but the engine has 4 seperate bugs I have ran into so far with inverse scale that effects rendering, collision, simulation.
    Leave a post here, if you come up with a solution

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by delphe_01 View Post
    Thanks for the reply!
    Well basically im not able to do anything. In play mode i just have the knuckle controller meshes, and none of the blueprintfunctions or buttons do work.
    I might have to go over everything again and see if i missed on something.
    But i have created a VR_Character pawn just as in the tutorial, and inside that pawn i did all the blueprint stuff.
    I also assigned the knuckles triggerbutton to do all that, but doesnt do.
    Beside that i somehow have two left controllers...
    Are your inputs even firing off? You need to check that and regenerate input bindings in the new steam input menu if they aren't.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Eanir View Post

The problem was the Laterality variable in the GraspingHand bp. It's type of EHand which is part of the SteamVR input function library I believe. So when I turn off SteamVR, that variable becomes invalid, and the construction script loses the references to the hand meshes.

Click image for larger version Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	1753781

The solution is to make another enum with LeftHand/RightHand and replace the two occurrences in the construction script. Now I am able to upload to the oculus store
    However, when I try to replace the default hand mesh with my own, the right hand works properly( wow, it looks good), but the bones of the left hand are twisted. I just imported my hand meshes, retargeted to the left/right skeletons. The bone hierarchy is the exactly same. Am I supposed to change the bone transforms or anything else for the left hand?

Click image for larger version Name:	Untitled3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.5 KB ID:	1753782
    Ah, thats something that a community member added when he added a seperate left hand mesh.

Didn't realize he edited the construction script as well and was using that var, I switched it to use the EControllerHand type. Also he imported the left hand as inversed bone facing like the manniquin has, i'm talking to him and a couple others about best setup there, I would prefer to use inverse scaled right hands for the left, but the engine has 4 seperate bugs I have ran into so far with inverse scale that effects rendering, collision, simulation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I created a simple tutorial for the basics. I going to make one for hand animations and grabbing as well
    http://www.digital-messiah.com/post/...nreal-engine-4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And another question (Don’t block me, please). I don’t have any idea how commands for driving modes appear on controllers. Namely, I would like not to use text labels, but to use icons.
    I spent a lot of time on UE4 lessons. But the trouble is, there occurred a big problem with the collision. I found a solution only with you.
    Your collision works fine! But nothing works for me from what I learned from UE4 lessons. It is sad.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And another question .... does it all work on the oculus and index?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How can I make hands instead of controllers?
    How to make a hand squeeze and grab an object?
    Thank.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X