Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

    Do it with a grippable static mesh component or actor instead using the mesh you are trying to use. The pick up cube actors in the template are only there to show how to manually implement the interface and they don't do everything.

    GrippableStaticMeshActors and GrippableStaticMeshComponents are full pre-fab classes.


    I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I have created a GrippableStaticMeshActor -> and assigned the Mesh which has a socket named VRGripP on it

    I have even tried turning that into a Blueprint Class to no avail.

    I do not see a way to create a Socket for the GrippableStaticMeshActor by itself. I am assuming I wouldn't anyways. I am assuming the socket belongs to the actual mesh (the graphical one).

    I am sorry I do not see or understand it...

    Click image for larger version  Name:	pickup-socket1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	476.5 KB ID:	1386684Click image for larger version  Name:	pickup-socket2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	275.2 KB ID:	1386683
    Last edited by AtmaStudios; 11-15-2017, 09:43 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by AtmaStudios View Post



      I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I have created a GrippableStaticMeshActor -> and assigned the Mesh which has a socket named VRGripP on it

      I have even tried turning that into a Blueprint Class to no avail.

      I do not see a way to create a Socket for the GrippableStaticMeshActor by itself. I am assuming I wouldn't anyways. I am assuming the socket belongs to the actual mesh (the graphical one).

      I am sorry I do not see or understand it...

      Click image for larger version Name:	pickup-socket1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	476.5 KB ID:	1386684Click image for larger version Name:	pickup-socket2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	275.2 KB ID:	1386683
      #1: Change it to VRGripP1 - the VRGripP is a prefix, you can add numbers after it so that you can have multiple.



      #2: You downscaled that model to 1/10th of its normal scale, since it is so large by default you likely aren't hitting the range for its sockets (socket search range is in local space). There are two solutions for that.

      Set this highlighted value to a large enough number to cover the full size of your model (at least)




      Or Override this function and always return the transform you want or the transform of the socket that you want.



      The latter method can bypass the socket requirement entirely and you just supply a transform that you choose and return True for found one.
      Last edited by mordentral; 11-15-2017, 10:36 PM.


      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        mordentral

        Spot on as usual! Thank you, this works like a charm. I just resized a few of my meshes in the mesh editor and assigned the VRGripP1 like you mentioned and rotated my mesh... I then created a GrippableActor and assigned it. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

        Thank you once again for helping me make this game even better!

        Comment


          Originally posted by mordentral View Post

          You mean the mirror mode? Epic added native support for that in 4.17 (and then improved it in 4.18 since Vive was buggy). Otherwise is requires ENGINE source changes in earlier versions to fix it, something I can't access with a plugin without re-writing the separate VR plugins themselves.

          Its an easy change in earlier versions in the source to fix, but you would have to compile the engine from source for that.
          so in 4.18 its not possible so far or can i do anything... i tried changing the resolution and it ruined the whole thing inside the headset

          regards
          Jo

          Comment


            Hi, I'm trying to stop navigation or teleport with "Get Player Pawn" without success.
            Can anybody provide me a tip to do that ?
            Thank you.

            Comment


              Anyone know why I might be getting this? Apologies in advance if this doesn't belong here.
              OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibraryLog: Warning: Couldn't Get Tracked Devices!!

              There are some other, perhaps benign errors at the beginning of the error log:
              LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLastError=126)
              LogWindows: File 'aqProf.dll' does not exist
              LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi.dll' (GetLastError=126)
              LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi.dll' does not exist
              LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi32e.dll' (GetLastError=126)
              LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi32e.dll' does not exist

              Last week I ran into an issue where my HMD's bounding box was busted somehow, but it seemed I was able to fix it by doing the SteamVR Room Setup (Standing); thanks to Mordentral's tip.

              Now, though, unlike last time where the player's height was correct, fsr my character's got no legs - it's as if I'm spawning with the center of the root collision capsule at 0. And it crashes almost 100% of the time within a minute or so of play. I think this issue reared its head after I added a whole bunch of lights to an indoor scene, the engine crashed and then I accidentally launched another, separate instance of the project after having chosen send and restart.

              Vive sensor locations/rotations haven't changed, and afaicr I didn't mess with the player since it was last working. Tried running the steamvr calibration setup in room scale and standing (2 times each) with and without unreal launcher running in the background (never with a project open) yesterday using 4.18, and today using 4.18.1. But the problem persists.

              All of my VR projects are having this issue, so maybe it's not related to the plugin? Maybe a Steam VR/UE4 issue? I tried killing UE4, uninstalling Steam VR, restarting the PC and reinstalling Steam VR (verifying the cache) and running the calibration, but that didn't change anything either. (Also tried nuking the DerivedDataCache engine folder jffs.)

              Comment


                Originally posted by Jomax3d View Post

                so in 4.18 its not possible so far or can i do anything... i tried changing the resolution and it ruined the whole thing inside the headset

                regards
                Jo
                Huh? No its fine in anything post 4.17, 4.18 being one of those.

                https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ectatorScreen/

                Originally posted by JFHTX View Post
                Hi, I'm trying to stop navigation or teleport with "Get Player Pawn" without success.
                Can anybody provide me a tip to do that ?
                Thank you.
                StopAllMovement / StopNavigationMovement nodes.

                As far as stopping teleport? Don't really know how you expect to do that since it is instant? Do you mean cancel out of the teleport after the beam and end point are shown? That is up to you how you would want to do it, maybe switch teleport to be HOLD BUTTON + TRIGGER to actually teleport.
                Last edited by mordentral; 11-16-2017, 09:33 AM.


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post
                  All of my VR projects are having this issue, so maybe it's not related to the plugin? Maybe a Steam VR/UE4 issue? I tried killing UE4, uninstalling Steam VR, restarting the PC and reinstalling Steam VR (verifying the cache) and running the calibration, but that didn't change anything either. (Also tried nuking the DerivedDataCache engine folder jffs.)
                  Yeah that isn't plugin related, try running a VR game outside of UE4 like in Steam and see if your calibration is still wrong. Sounds like your HMD isn't actually providing a valid location from OpenVR.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                    Huh? No its fine in anything post 4.17, 4.18 being one of those.

                    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ectatorScreen/



                    StopAllMovement / StopNavigationMovement nodes.

                    As far as stopping teleport? Don't really know how you expect to do that since it is instant? Do you mean cancel out of the teleport after the beam and end point are shown? That is up to you how you would want to do it, maybe switch teleport to be HOLD BUTTON + TRIGGER to actually teleport.
                    Hi mordental, I wasn't clear enough so I'm joining a picture to show what I want to achieve.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	stop.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	1386999
                    I'm using your last Virtual Reality BP Game Template to try that.
                    when the pawn is overlapping I just want to disable the Teleport.
                    I'm not able to do that with the Get player Pawn.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by JFHTX View Post

                      Hi mordental, I wasn't clear enough so I'm joining a picture to show what I want to achieve.
                      I'm using your last Virtual Reality BP Game Template to try that.
                      when the pawn is overlapping I just want to disable the Teleport.
                      I'm not able to do that with the Get player Pawn.
                      The teleport system is just as copy of Epics (so people can understand it who are coming from the base template), which is run through blueprint and spawned in the character, VRBaseCharacter is a c++ base class and doesn't have the teleport logic.

                      You can cast to the BlueprintCharacter instead and call SetTeleporterActive to false.



                      However that won't entirely prevent teleporting being started, for that you would also want to add a boolean or something to the character like "bIsAllowedToTeleport" and tie it in to this boolean check.



                      Consider supporting me on patreon

                      My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                        The teleport system is just as copy of Epics (so people can understand it who are coming from the base template), which is run through blueprint and spawned in the character, VRBaseCharacter is a c++ base class and doesn't have the teleport logic.

                        You can cast to the BlueprintCharacter instead and call SetTeleporterActive to false.



                        However that won't entirely prevent teleporting being started, for that you would also want to add a boolean or something to the character like "bIsAllowedToTeleport" and tie it in to this boolean check.

                        Thank you , I will do that.

                        Comment


                          I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like when I adjust the size of the "body" in the Vive_PawnCharacter to reduce the area of pushback, it does not seem to change in game. Is there a setting someplace that re-initializes it on BeginPlay?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by AtmaStudios View Post
                            I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like when I adjust the size of the "body" in the Vive_PawnCharacter to reduce the area of pushback, it does not seem to change in game. Is there a setting someplace that re-initializes it on BeginPlay?
                            The "Body" is just the waist indicator.....You want to resize the player capsule. Also the capsule has an offset variable that lets you push it back farther (like a neck offset). its default is only 8, 15 - 20 feels more natural but will clip slightly into walls unless you set the cameras clip plane closer.

                            You can set the root capsule to Hidden=false in its variables if you want to get a feel for where it is when tweaking.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 11-16-2017, 08:31 PM.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                              The "Body" is just the waist indicator.....You want to resize the player capsule. Also the capsule has an offset variable that lets you push it back farther (like a neck offset). its default is only 8, 15 - 20 feels more natural but will clip slightly into walls unless you set the cameras clip plane closer.

                              You can set the root capsule to Hidden=false in its variables if you want to get a feel for where it is when tweaking.


                              Thank you. That makes sense.

                              Comment


                                I recently tried the steam voice setup by enabling free talk with..:

                                [/Script/Engine.GameSession]
                                bRequiresPushToTalk=false

                                in DefaultGame.ini

                                ..which works great, but I just wanted to check if a couple things are normal or not. I'm noticing about a second delay from client to client. It seems if I speak into the mic too quickly.. for less than about a second, the audio gets lost sometimes. If I speak longer than a second, it always comes across but with about a second delay. Just wanted to check if these are expected with steam voice, before i try to debug my setup. I'm using a steam connection without LAN, which is about a 12 ms ping.

                                One other thing I've been wondering for a while is if it's possible to send a command to the vive headset to wake it up? Sometimes even though I have sleep disabled in steamVR settings, the headset isn't registering if it's been sitting in a steady position for a while. Happens even when it's within the playspace and visible to the trackers. Not a major issue as it wakes up after i move it, but it causes a few annoyances, and just wondering if you knew of a command somewhere that would just always wake it up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X