No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this VR template support gravity? If I was to walk off the edge of the nav mesh/ground would my character fall like gravity? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by AtmaStudios View Post
      Does this VR template support gravity? If I was to walk off the edge of the nav mesh/ground would my character fall like gravity? Thank you
      Yes....Its the full normal character but for VR. It supports all of the movement modes and capabilities of a standard character (plus some).

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I am sorry, but another basic question. I have been watching a lot of your videos/demos and I am curious if this template supports teleporting? I prefer the teleport method for movement and not hoover/sliding along the ground. I like the Unreal VR Template teleporter or similar. Would it be hard to set that up for this template? Thank you

Comment

I am sorry, but another basic question. I have been watching a lot of your videos/demos and I am curious if this template supports teleporting? I prefer the teleport method for movement and not hoover/sliding along the ground. I like the Unreal VR Template teleporter or similar. Would it be hard to set that up for this template? Thank you
          The template includes a great number of movement options, including standard teleport

Comment

mordentral

So, please forgive me and my newbie questions. I got pretty far in my game design and such using the Unreal VR Template, but I ran into a huge error which I couldn't solve and I want to use your template now. Thank you for this.

I am curious, how can I use my own meshes for Doors and Drawers? When I change the Mesh inside the Door Demo item, it appears smaller with that brown frame around it. I imagine there has to be a better way for me to do this... same with the drawers... What is the best way to customize these items?

Thank you again.
            Last edited by AtmaStudios; 10-27-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

mordentral

So, please forgive me and my newbie questions. I got pretty far in my game design and such using the Unreal VR Template, but I ran into a huge error which I couldn't solve and I want to use your template now. Thank you for this.

I am curious, how can I use my own meshes for Doors and Drawers? When I change the Mesh inside the Door Demo item, it appears smaller with that brown frame around it. I imagine there has to be a better way for me to do this... same with the drawers... What is the best way to customize these items?

Thank you again.
              Then its a different scale......

The door and drawers are examples of how to get it working, not an all in one solution that provides auto scaling to correct size with new meshes. I make the assumption that people will not use base color low poly example content in a finalized game.

The walk through door frame isn't required, it was only added because the door was by itself, it is a child actor on the door actor.

The drawers can be a VRSliderComponent that you set maximum limits on and they should just "work"

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

dear modrdentral

i just updated to 4.18 and copied the plugins and deleted the sln files and intermediate folder and rebuild the solution in VS. but its showing the error - the game module VRExpPlugin example not found ... please help, i uploaded the sreenshot of the error and my directory structure

thank you
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jomax3d View Post
                  dear modrdentral

i just updated to 4.18 and copied the plugins and deleted the sln files and intermediate folder and rebuild the solution in VS. but its showing the error - the game module VRExpPlugin example not found ... please help, i uploaded the sreenshot of the error and my directory structure

thank you
                  That is saying the template module itself can't be found, sounds like you deleted something from it or never regenerated the project files?

Its not the plugin that it is missing in that warning, it is missing the project itself.

Also I would suggest that you keep the original plugin folder structure instead of splitting OpenVR and VRExpa like that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral

Does one have to go through that installation process to make this work? Or could someone just use the Template Demo and tweak from there?

Comment

mordentral

Does one have to go through that installation process to make this work? Or could someone just use the Template Demo and tweak from there?
                      Its best practice to start clean, but I have yet to convince many to do it, most seem to edit from the template.

I will warn you though, this plugin may be a little involved for what you are wanting.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Added two new games to the "projects using" list in the OP

Temple of Aluxes
                        Until None Remain (forgot to say this was added before)

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Its best practice to start clean, but I have yet to convince many to do it, most seem to edit from the template.

I will warn you though, this plugin may be a little involved for what you are wanting.

I know this is quite involved, but I think the features are what I want ideally. I know I also a newbie and it's a bit overwhelming, but my game will mostly be based around triggers and navigation. I hope you do not mind if I ask more questions, I have never really been so interested in something like this... VR is quite compelling.

Another question I have is can I make a trigger change the movement ability of the player? Like change them from ArmSwing to Teleport once they enter a Trigger. I imagine it is possible and digging around I found your nice list of all the movement types. I believe I could just cast to that Motioncontroller BP.

Thank you again for this awesome setup... I can only imagine what this will inspire people to do, I know it has set my dream game idea higher and higher.

Comment

I know this is quite involved, but I think the features are what I want ideally. I know I also a newbie and it's a bit overwhelming, but my game will mostly be based around triggers and navigation. I hope you do not mind if I ask more questions, I have never really been so interested in something like this... VR is quite compelling.

Another question I have is can I make a trigger change the movement ability of the player? Like change them from ArmSwing to Teleport once they enter a Trigger. I imagine it is possible and digging around I found your nice list of all the movement types. I believe I could just cast to that Motioncontroller BP.

Thank you again for this awesome setup... I can only imagine what this will inspire people to do, I know it has set my dream game idea higher and higher.
                            The current movement mode is an Enum for each hand in the template so that it is easier to test them all, setting that enum sets the current movement mode MovementModeLeft and MovementModeRight

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Is there a way to dynamically adjust the players capsule size depending on whether the player is sitting or standing?

I imagine I could do something like Event Tick -> Get Player Capsule Size -> Set Capsule Size % (depending on HMD/Camera Location on the Z axis) or something like this?

I am trying to have the character duck under something shorter than the capsule is tall, but if I shrink the capsule, I shrink the player for everything while they are standing. It would be nice to have it change dynamically so the character could crawl and reach for something under a desk without the whole world being shifted or pushed away... Having things push away is a great feature that I would love to keep to block the player from certain things as well.

mordentral

Do you think this would be possible with your template? If so, could you possibly give an example BluePrint? Thank you.
                              Last edited by AtmaStudios; 10-30-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

That is saying the template module itself can't be found, sounds like you deleted something from it or never regenerated the project files?

Its not the plugin that it is missing in that warning, it is missing the project itself.

Also I would suggest that you keep the original plugin folder structure instead of splitting OpenVR and VRExpa like that.

may be... i usually download all the files and start fresh. this time i was trying to update the current project with new plugin version as i couldnt find the 4.18 example project.
                                Can you please share the the link to the 4.18 project example ..

regards
                                Joshy
                                Last edited by Jomax3d; 10-30-2017, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X