X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he means the same error as I am getting

Comment

Originally posted by Link_AJ View Post
      I'm getting this error when trying to build from Visual Studio, something about the WheeledVehicle? Do you know whats going wrong here?
      Mmmm, no I don't. WheeledVehicle.h didn't change locations in 4.18 and that is the same include line as before. I built and packaged entirely on 4.18 without issues even in a non unity build.

There actually isn't an alternative path to that file available and its module is included.

You don't have the plugin module PhysXVehicles disabled do you?

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I think he means the same error as I am getting
        its not the same error though, he isn't generating an OpenVR pdb file, while you can't find a header file so the main VR Module is having issues.

guess just a misunderstanding, i'm adding the pre-built to a clean project to see if packaging messed up somehow last night.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hmm, nope PhysXVehicles is enabled. The plugin has been working fine in 4.17.2, but I can't seem to update to 4.18 because Visual Studio doesn't compile. I'm gonna do a bit more research.

I'm not sure whether it's because of 4.18 or this plugin, I thought it was a 4.18 issue so I already filed a bug report:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ual-studi.html

(its a different error, but they might be related)

Comment

Hmm, nope PhysXVehicles is enabled. The plugin has been working fine in 4.17.2, but I can't seem to update to 4.18 because Visual Studio doesn't compile. I'm gonna do a bit more research.

I'm not sure whether it's because of 4.18 or this plugin, I thought it was a 4.18 issue so I already filed a bug report:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ual-studi.html

(its a different error, but they might be related)
            Oh, that is definitely a UBT error, its in your projects intermediate files, not the plugins.

Are you still on visual studio 2015 or did you update to 2017? They added visual studio code support for 4.18 and it broke things a few times during previews, but so far I have been fine on release.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ah, I am using 2017 now. I'll try going back to 2015, see if that works.
              ( I already tried deleting the Intermediate, Saved and DerivedDataCache folders)

Comment

Ah, I am using 2017 now. I'll try going back to 2015, see if that works.
                ( I already tried deleting the Intermediate, Saved and DerivedDataCache folders)
                Think 2017 is more stable now, was making sure you hadn't recently upgraded or were still on 2015.

Delete ALL intermediate files (including in plugin folder) and then "switch" engine version back to 4.18 (even if still on it).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Eh? What same error? I don't have a previous post from you in here and that hasn't been reported here before.

Do you have a full log file for it? Also are you on windows? Because any other platform you'll have to manually compile due to me not having the required hardware to compile for it.

Usually errors like that are caused from stale Intermediate folders in the project files, which you generally just delete to fix (they re-create then), however if you are using the pre-built on a new project then that shouldn't be the case and it shouldn't be trying to re-create it anyway.
                  I thought the UBT errors were the same, my mistake, sorry if I caused confusion I’ve no idea about Visual Studio or coding.

I’ll get the log when I’m back on the PC (Windows). It’s an existing project brought forward from 4.17. I installed 4.18, updated the plugin using the prebuilt download. I deleted saved and intermediate from the project folder, generated the visual studio files and then tried to compile.
                  Level Designer: Available for work if needed.

http://www.grantegglestone.com

Comment

Originally posted by GruntosUK View Post

I thought the UBT errors were the same, my mistake, sorry if I caused confusion I’ve no idea about Visual Studio or coding.

I’ll get the log when I’m back on the PC (Windows). It’s an existing project brought forward from 4.17. I installed 4.18, updated the plugin using the prebuilt download. I deleted saved and intermediate from the project folder, generated the visual studio files and then tried to compile.
                    Can you post the rest of the log in CODE tags or pm it to me?

I don't know if you are also having UBT issues but that last line doesn't say anything specific.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Can you post the rest of the log in CODE tags or pm it to me?

I don't know if you are also having UBT issues but that last line doesn't say anything specific.
                      Will do. Be a few hours time before I get back.

Code:
                      1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
                      2>------ Build started: Project: TheCaper, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                      2>Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build.
                      2>Performing 3 actions (9 in parallel)
                      2>Module.OpenVRExpansionPlugin.cpp
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(55): error C2039: 'HMDDevice': is not a member of 'UEngine'
                      2>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/Engine.h(3145): note: see declaration of 'UEngine'
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(55): error C2228: left of '.IsValid' must have class/struct/union
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(55): error C2227: left of '->IsHeadTrackingAllowed' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(55): error C2227: left of '->HasValidTrackingPosition' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(59): error C2039: 'HMDDevice': is not a member of 'UEngine'
                      2>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/Engine.h(3145): note: see declaration of 'UEngine'
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(59): error C2227: left of '->GetCurrentOrientationAndPosition' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                      2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-OpenVRExpansionPlugin.pdb
                      2>Total build time: 5.49 seconds (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)
                      2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" TheCaperEditor Win64 Development "D:\Git\TheCaper\TheCaper.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                      2>Done building project "TheCaper.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
                      ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
                      I cleared the intermediate folders in the two plugin directories as well, and it seemed to be working OK at first, then it failed again.

Code:
                      1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
                      2>------ Build started: Project: TheCaper, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                      2>Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build.
                      2>Creating makefile for TheCaperEditor (no existing makefile)
                      2>Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
                      2>Parsing headers for TheCaperEditor
                      2>  Running UnrealHeaderTool "D:\Git\TheCaper\TheCaper.uproject" "D:\Git\TheCaper\Intermediate\Build\Win64\TheCaperEditor\Development\TheCaperEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
                      2>Reflection code generated for TheCaperEditor in 7.7472487 seconds
                      2>Performing 22 actions (9 in parallel)
                      2>[3/22] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
                      2>[5/22] Resource PCLaunch.rc
                      2>[6/22] Resource PCLaunch.rc
                      2>[4/22] Resource PCLaunch.rc
                      2>SharedPCH.UnrealEd.cpp
                      2>SharedPCH.Engine.cpp
                      2>MyClass.cpp
                      2>TheCaper.cpp
                      2>Module.OpenVRExpansionPlugin.cpp
                      2>Module.OpenVRExpansionPlugin.gen.cpp
                      2>[11/22] Link UE4Editor-TheCaper.dll
                      2>[12/22] Link UE4Editor-TheCaper.lib
                      2>   Creating library D:\Git\TheCaper\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-TheCaper.lib and object D:\Git\TheCaper\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-TheCaper.exp
                      2>   Creating library D:\Git\TheCaper\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-TheCaper.suppressed.lib and object D:\Git\TheCaper\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-TheCaper.suppressed.exp
                      2>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.cpp
                      2>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.4_of_5.cpp
                      2>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.3_of_5.cpp
                      2>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.5_of_5.cpp
                      2>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.2_of_5.cpp
                      2>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.1_of_5.cpp
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(55): error C2039: 'HMDDevice': is not a member of 'UEngine'
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(55): error C2228: left of '.IsValid' must have class/struct/union
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(55): error C2227: left of '->IsHeadTrackingAllowed' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(55): error C2227: left of '->HasValidTrackingPosition' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(59): error C2039: 'HMDDevice': is not a member of 'UEngine'
                      2>D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp(59): error C2227: left of '->GetCurrentOrientationAndPosition' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                      2>[19/22] Link UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.lib
                      2>[20/22] Link UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.dll
                      2>   Creating library D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.lib and object D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.exp
                      2>   Creating library D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.suppressed.lib and object D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.suppressed.exp
                      2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\Git\TheCaper\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-OpenVRExpansionPlugin.suppressed.exp
                      2>Total build time: 82.22 seconds (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)
                      2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" TheCaperEditor Win64 Development "D:\Git\TheCaper\TheCaper.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                      Last edited by GruntosUK; 10-25-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I am currently testing out the content example and every time I start previewing in steam VR, the play area rotates randomly and is never in a fixed position, how can I disabled it?
                        Its like your using "Reset Orientation and Position" and executing it again does not work

Comment

Think 2017 is more stable now, was making sure you hadn't recently upgraded or were still on 2015.

Delete ALL intermediate files (including in plugin folder) and then "switch" engine version back to 4.18 (even if still on it).
                          I think our problem is fixed, there was old C++ code that didn't work anymore (SetupBinaries())

Thanks for the help, I supported you on Patreon today for all the good work!

Comment

I think our problem is fixed, there was old C++ code that didn't work anymore (SetupBinaries())

Thanks for the help, I supported you on Patreon today for all the good work!
                            You are welcome and thank you.

I'll note that you have access to the discord now, you should totally make use of that. I idle in it at work and when coding at home and answer questions all day. Users in there also throw ideas back and forth.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by GruntosUK View Post

I cleared the intermediate folders in the two plugin directories as well, and it seemed to be working OK at first, then it failed again.

Code:
                              erEditor Win64 Development "D:\Git\TheCaper\TheCaper.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                              Ah there we go, thanks for the log it gives me what I needed.

When you updated to the 4.18 version of the plugin you must have just dragged the files in to the folder, you should have deleted the current contents first. GripSteamVRTrackedDevice was not overwritten with a new version for 4.18 because it has been removed entirely from the plugin (is no longer required).

You can feel free to just delete the GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp and GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.h files, but I would suggest that you delete everything and re-copy the files in to make sure nothing else is left as its legacy version.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ah there we go, thanks for the log it gives me what I needed.

When you updated to the 4.18 version of the plugin you must have just dragged the files in to the folder, you should have deleted the current contents first. GripSteamVRTrackedDevice was not overwritten with a new version for 4.18 because it has been removed entirely from the plugin (is no longer required).

You can feel free to just delete the GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.cpp and GripSteamVRTrackedDevice.h files, but I would suggest that you delete everything and re-copy the files in to make sure nothing else is left as its legacy version.
                                Yes, I dragged it in and overwrote the files that were there. I now know for next time now, thanks for the help.

The plugin is excellent, I tried to do a lot of the setup myself but when I saw this did a much better job I started porting things over. I've used your template as a guide and built it all up modifying your work where needed. Its been a massive, massive help so thanks. I'll pledge on your patreon for the help here and for the work for the plugin

EDIT: Its all worked fine this time!
                                Last edited by GruntosUK; 10-25-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X