Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there!

Mordentral one question.

What is the correct way to drop a GrippableSkeletalActor? I can't use your method becaouse it's need a GripController, but if i add a impulse and activate physics to the Actor, it still stuck in the air without physics.

Regards!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aidan Puche View Post
      Hi there!

Mordentral one question.

What is the correct way to drop a GrippableSkeletalActor? I can't use your method becaouse it's need a GripController, but if i add a impulse and activate physics to the Actor, it still stuck in the air without physics.

Regards!
      ? If you aren't using my grip system than there isn't any sort of special method for dropping a grippable actor, its not even being used in that case.

If you mean that you want to drop it from the actor ITSELF, then you can call the interface function "IsHeld" which will return true/false and the holding controller which you can then drop the object from.

If it is a network environment you would also want to put that behind a HasGripAuthority node to make sure that it is the correct one (client/server) to try and drop the grip.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

• Did a new "video blog" plugin video

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

• Originally posted by mordentral View Post
          Did a new "video blog" plugin video

I love these video blogs, very informative. I am amazed you find time to develop your plugins at all with a new baby on the way and everything else!
          Respect dude.

Comment

• mordentral under collision there are new Trace Responses that I've never seen before. VRTraceChannel and FloorTrace. Is this added from your VR plugin or is this an engine update from Epic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lasyavez View Post
              mordentral under collision there are new Trace Responses that I've never seen before. VRTraceChannel and FloorTrace. Is this added from your VR plugin or is this an engine update from Epic?
              You don't need to worry about floor trace, it was for an experimental gun.

VRTrace is what the template pawn uses for its gripping trace logic and overlap fallback. You can use a different trace channel, but if you are using the template pawn you would have to change it in the blueprint nodes.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

• mordentral I wanna use the vive_pawn since it has a lot of the basic features for multiplayer already set up and I need to convert a project into multiplayer for a proof of concept. I having trouble setting up objects with the grab functionality from you VRgrip interface. I've figured out that my tags on the object are not matching what the Vive_pawn is set up as. I've been using your BP_PickupCube as an example, in my project I cant pick it up but in the template project it works fine. I'm assuming the object is not set to its proper gameplay tags but its escaping me on where to change that.
                Last edited by Lasyavez; 10-05-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

mordentral I wanna use the vive_pawn since it has a lot of the basic features for multiplayer already set up and I need to convert a project into multiplayer for a proof of concept. I having trouble setting up objects with the grab functionality from you VRgrip interface. I've figured out that my tags on the object are not matching what the Vive_pawn is set up as. I've been using your BP_PickupCube as an example, in my project I cant pick it up but in the template project it works fine. I'm assuming the object is not set to its proper gameplay tags but its escaping me on where to change that.
                  Make sure you set the gameplay tags in the project settings and then recompile the pawn blueprint, a few people had the default tags in the GripDropOrUseObject nodes being reset to empty if they didn't port the gameplay tags into their projects first. Then nothing will pick up because none of the buttons are mapped to a tag.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

• Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Make sure you set the gameplay tags in the project settings and then recompile the pawn blueprint, a few people had the default tags in the GripDropOrUseObject nodes being reset to empty if they didn't port the gameplay tags into their projects first. Then nothing will pick up because none of the buttons are mapped to a tag.
                    All right I imported the GamePlay Tags as well as fix the Input warnings in Vive_PawnCharacter to fix the compiler warnings. I still can't grab objects, because my gameplay tag is return none.

Is my GripTag variable supposed to be empty?
                    I added some pictures below but this gripTag is the same in my project and the template project. If this isn't a problem any idea what it is? Another thing I noticed is the map I'm using is not in the Gameplaytags.GripType.OnTrigger references like it is in the Template project. Is that an issue?

Comment

All right I imported the GamePlay Tags as well as fix the Input warnings in Vive_PawnCharacter to fix the compiler warnings. I still can't grab objects, because my gameplay tag is return none.

Is my GripTag variable supposed to be empty?
                      I added some pictures below but this gripTag is the same in my project and the template project. If this isn't a problem any idea what it is? Another thing I noticed is the map I'm using is not in the Gameplaytags.GripType.OnTrigger references like it is in the Template project. Is that an issue?
                      Yeah like I said, since you didn't import the gameplay tags but must have saved the character after opening it, all of the grip tags were wiped from the nodes that reference them.

Quickest fix would be to just re-import the vive_pawncharacter.uasset. But if you want to do it the harder way, you'd have to copy the values on these nodes from what the template uses:

I really need to make a migration guide for people at this point, I hadn't originally anticipated so many people just using the template as is.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

• Anyone know of a way to force drop whatever a specific grip motion controller is gripping (if it is gripping something), and still fire the grip released event?

Drop Object looks like it requires the gripped object be specified. Just wondering if there was a quicker way - like being able to just say "left MC", drop whatever you're gripping and fire the release event.

Edit: That recent tutorial is sick with how you got the movable viewport. Since when has that functionality been in? (It was a little strange that the voice wasn't spatialized, but that'd prolly make it harder to hear.)
                        Last edited by kusokuso1; 10-06-2017, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• Hi mordentral ! I'm very interested in exploring the mechanics of your plugin, thanks for making it and putting it out there!

I downloaded the pre-built binary (4.17.2) and copy pasted into a plugins directory I made for a new vr template project created with engine version 4.17.2 but get this message when trying to launch the project:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	vrexp.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1365476

I'm probably missing something remedial, can you kindly tell me what I'm missing. Appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JajiThe B View Post
                            Hi mordentral ! I'm very interested in exploring the mechanics of your plugin, thanks for making it and putting it out there!

I downloaded the pre-built binary (4.17.2) and copy pasted into a plugins directory I made for a new vr template project created with engine version 4.17.2 but get this message when trying to launch the project:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	vrexp.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1365476

I'm probably missing something remedial, can you kindly tell me what I'm missing. Appreciate it.
                            You aren't on mac or linux are you? It should be fully built for windows for 4.17.2

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

• Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post
                              Anyone know of a way to force drop whatever a specific grip motion controller is gripping (if it is gripping something), and still fire the grip released event?

Drop Object looks like it requires the gripped object be specified. Just wondering if there was a quicker way - like being able to just say "left MC", drop whatever you're gripping and fire the release event.

Edit: That recent tutorial is sick with how you got the movable viewport. Since when has that functionality been in? (It was a little strange that the voice wasn't spatialized, but that'd prolly make it harder to hear.)
                              Make a function that drops all or finds the first and drops it and use that, I didn't want to automate that too much since the grip system has no limit to how many objects you can actually pick up at a time and some people may want to filter based on what is held. I think the template has some short nodes for "Drop first" and "Drop all" and the like already even. You can get a list of held objects from the controller itself.

Also the viewport thing is just using 4.17's spectator screen functionality, I just use it from the vantage point of a camera that I made so I could re-position it and see a image of what is going on in the monitor on a little preview screen.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

• Thanks Mordentral! I ll download and will try!

Comment

Working...
                                X