VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You also likely have auto drop distance very low if it is dropping right after being picked up.

Is your object scaled very small from default?
    Sorry to bug ya again. You don't happen to remember where this "auto drop distance" var is, do you? I can't seem to find it...
    Overriding the HasSocketInRange function worked perfect, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post

Sorry to bug ya again. You don't happen to remember where this "auto drop distance" var is, do you? I can't seem to find it...
      Overriding the HasSocketInRange function worked perfect, btw.
      ConstraintBreakDistance in the grip settings struct.

That or override the GripBreakDistance() function in the interface and pass in a different value.

If it is it's default of 100 units and the object unscaled is close to that then it would be dropping fairly easily.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new commit to the plugin repository

Plugin
        Code:
        Added VRGameViewportClient class  
        This class is intended to provide support for Local Mixed play between a mouse and keyboard player  
        and a VR player. It is not needed outside of that use.    

There is a new wiki page under Misc Classes that covers its use  
        https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vrexpansionplugin/wiki/Misc%20Classes 

Added functionality for the ParentRelAttachVRComponent, it can now be attached to the bottom of the capsule at the foot location
        instead of at the HMD location. Only happens when bUseFeetLocation is checked. Thanks to SpaceHarry for the initial pull
        request, I had plans to do this but kept forgetting about it.
        Template
        Code:
        Added VRGameViewportClient class blueprint override to template and assigned it as the default GameViewportClient class.
        This is to show how to change the input parameters for it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new commit to the plugin repository

Plugin
          Code:
          Added VRGameViewportClient class
          This class is intended to provide support for Local Mixed play between a mouse and keyboard player
          and a VR player. It is not needed outside of that use.

There is a new wiki page under Misc Classes that covers its use
          https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vrexpansionplugin/wiki/Misc%20Classes 

Added functionality for the ParentRelAttachVRComponent, it can now be attached to the bottom of the capsule at the foot location
          instead of at the HMD location. Only happens when bUseFeetLocation is checked. Thanks to SpaceHarry for the initial pull
          request, I had plans to do this but kept forgetting about it.
          Template
          Code:
          Added VRGameViewportClient class blueprint override to template and assigned it as the default GameViewportClient class.
          This is to show how to change the input parameters for it.
          This is Amazing. Thanks Mordentral, Have you got a compiled version? I can't compile my project with source... Always fails... i don't know why...
          Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
          I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan Puche View Post

This is Amazing. Thanks Mordentral, Have you got a compiled version? I can't compile my project with source... Always fails... i don't know why...
            I will post a pre-compiled version tonight, currently I am building a 4.18 preview version and don't want to switch engines at the moment.

You can link me the build error you get though so I can help you get going self compiling.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

@mordentral

Any plan to add/suport interactions for Top Down View? Something like what you can do in the VR Editor , for example
              Press the Side Buttons on both controllers and move them around each other to rotate the world around you, as if you are grabbing the world with your hands and then rotating it.
              Press the Side Buttons on both controllers and move them toward or away from each other to scales the world up or down.
              https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...r/VR/Controls/

I don't know C++ so thought I would check with you before starting learning C++ just to understand EPIC's codes to replicate over blueprints

Comment

Originally posted by duyth View Post
                @mordentral

Any plan to add/suport interactions for Top Down View? Something like what you can do in the VR Editor , for example
                Press the Side Buttons on both controllers and move them around each other to rotate the world around you, as if you are grabbing the world with your hands and then rotating it.
                Press the Side Buttons on both controllers and move them toward or away from each other to scales the world up or down.
                https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...r/VR/Controls/

I don't know C++ so thought I would check with you before starting learning C++ just to understand EPIC's codes to replicate over blueprints
                That should all be easily possible with some blueprint setups bound to the controls.

Don't think it would take anything special on the plugins part to do it and you shouldn't really need the c++ source as a reference to be honest.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pre-compiled version is updated to the 09/21/17 version of the plugin.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Informagic, now compiles without any problems. Foot attachment come to me!

Mordentral, add my game to the WIP games. I've got a Steam page, but yet not ready for public ( is in steam revision). Meanwhile, this is the link my project to my website (Only coming soon page, but is something) When the Steam Page is ready for everyone i'll update the link.

Game Name: Viar Warfare - www.viarwarfare.com.
                    Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
                    I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

Comment

Informagic, now compiles without any problems. Foot attachment come to me!

Mordentral, add my game to the WIP games. I've got a Steam page, but yet not ready for public ( is in steam revision). Meanwhile, this is the link my project to my website (Only coming soon page, but is something) When the Steam Page is ready for everyone i'll update the link.

Game Name: Viar Warfare - www.viarwarfare.com.
                      Adding it, and good luck

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

There is a 4.18 Preview 1 branch up that appears to be functional in the repository now, I would be careful however as the editor has crashed on my several times already and this preview appears to be rough.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm having trouble attempting to make the teleportation arcs visible over a network (it's the final step I need to implement a 'spectator mode' in which a host becomes a camera that can see exactly what a Vive_PawnCharacter player on a client computer is seeing).

I have tried making all the components in BP_Teleport_Controller replicate, making many of the variables replicate (such as the SplineMeshComponent array SplineMeshes), removing the branch for IsLocal under BP_Teleport_Controller EventTick, and making all the code after it replicate as Multicast. Even so, there is no sign of the client's teleportation arc on the host camera. The host camera is accurately following the client camera so this is not a connection issue. Is there something I missed, or something I need to manually implement?

Also, thank you Mordentral for all your hard work. We appreciate it!
                          Last edited by badineen; 09-22-2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by badineen View Post
                            I'm having trouble attempting to make the teleportation arcs visible over a network (it's the final step I need to implement a 'spectator mode' in which a host becomes a camera that can see exactly what a Vive_PawnCharacter player on a client computer is seeing).

I have tried making all the components in BP_Teleport_Controller replicate, making many of the variables replicate (such as the SplineMeshComponent array SplineMeshes), removing the branch for IsLocal under BP_Teleport_Controller EventTick, and making all the code after it replicate as Multicast. Even so, there is no sign of the client's teleportation arc on the host camera. The host camera is accurately following the client camera so this is not a connection issue. Is there something I missed, or something I need to manually implement?

Also, thank you Mordentral for all your hard work. We appreciate it!
                            mmm?

Are you working off of a very old version of the template (like pre 4.15?) or did you modify it? I set up arc replication a while back.

If you are on your own project and just trying to get Epics arc to replicate you can follow what I did, you need to spawn the teleport controllers on remote clients as well. By default the Epic setup spawns the teleport controllers locally, you need to spawn on both, and then when activate teleport is called you need to replicate that to remote clients as well.

You don't replicate the meshes as the actors are local, you replicate when the teleport system starts and stops and have the local clients draw the arcs.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

That should all be easily possible with some blueprint setups bound to the controls.

Don't think it would take anything special on the plugins part to do it and you shouldn't really need the c++ source as a reference to be honest.
                              Really? I checked other tutorials on youtube and they all used the spring-arm concept , thought VR would require a special trick. Would you suggest to actually move the camera or just rotate/zoom the entire base plane?
                              Last edited by duyth; 09-22-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duyth View Post

Really? I checked other tutorials on youtube and they all used the spring-arm concept , thought VR would require a special trick. Would you suggest to actually move the camera or just rotate/zoom the entire base plane?
                                Move and scale the pawn

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X