VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alltrueist View Post

Lan mode for steam works a treat. Thanks again.

You want me to cut the doors and trunk out with some booleans? I'm not really a rigger, but I'm sure I can get some hingeable doors working. Probably won't be pretty.. just functional. Just let me know if you want it.
    If you get the time and feel like it sure, but its not the largest deal. After all its basically just another lever then triggering on max angle, now that the levers are in there are all sorts of uses for them

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Added another game using the plugin to the OP page

Surv1v3

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello I'm still a little new to Unreal and am confused as to how I access the plugin once I have downloaded and unziped the file:
        4.17.1 - 8/16/2017 - Full Binaries and Source Package I honestly feel like this should be a really simple step but for some reason its not clicking for me. Could any one help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ready Player2 View Post
          Hello I'm still a little new to Unreal and am confused as to how I access the plugin once I have downloaded and unziped the file:
          4.17.1 - 8/16/2017 - Full Binaries and Source Package I honestly feel like this should be a really simple step but for some reason its not clicking for me. Could any one help me out?
          Check out the step by step guide linked in the first post that a nice community member made.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi! I'm back. I have a question. What is the proper way to spawn an attached Weapon to an slot in the body?

I'm trying to spawn and attach to component (as Body and Potion).I spawned a Weapon (Grippable Skeletal Mesh) in the Event Possessed in the server Side, but not appears in the Clients. If the Weapon has replicated, why i need spawn on every Player?

I tryed in a BLANK project, and works perfect spawn a object in the Server side (if marked as Replicated, Relevant) and all player see the actor attached. But in the Grippable Skeletal Mesh this not works.

I solved this Replicated manually, spawn on Server and on Every Client. But i don't Know why happens this.

I suposses that is a mechanic on your plugin, but i need understand this.

PD: Sorry for my English.
            Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
            I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan Puche View Post
              Hi! I'm back. I have a question. What is the proper way to spawn an attached Weapon to an slot in the body?

I'm trying to spawn and attach to component (as Body and Potion).I spawned a Weapon (Grippable Skeletal Mesh) in the Event Possessed in the server Side, but not appears in the Clients. If the Weapon has replicated, why i need spawn on every Player?

I tryed in a BLANK project, and works perfect spawn a object in the Server side (if marked as Replicated, Relevant) and all player see the actor attached. But in the Grippable Skeletal Mesh this not works.

I solved this Replicated manually, spawn on Server and on Every Client. But i don't Know why happens this.

I suposses that is a mechanic on your plugin, but i need understand this.

PD: Sorry for my English.
              Make sure that it is set to replicates, the plugin doesn't change anything to do with standard replication and spawning logic and a quick test with a GrippableSkeletalMeshActor works perfectly fine.

I was able to "re-produce" by making a blank blueprint actor and attaching a GrippableSkeletalMeshComponent to the root, but that is only because Replicates is defaulted off on blueprint actors, you should be able to just switch it on (or use a GrippableSkeletalMeshActor instead.....).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yes, is set to replicate:

Click image for larger version

Name:	WeaponReplicationSettings.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1352458

This is My Weapon Base Class, extend your GrippableSkeletalActor class.

This is my method on Character class to Spawn the Weapon on Event Possessed.

Name:	WeaponSpawn.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	1352459

The attachment pont is a holster in the ParentRelativeAttachment, the Holster is set to component replicate.

And then i call this method in the Event Possessed, in the server side.

Name:	EventPossessed.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1352460

And AssignClassWeapon is this:

Name:	WeaponEvent.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1352461

But only server spawns it. If I put the AddWeaponSlot in a Server event, and Multicast without Server, all Clients Spawn correctly the Weapons. But Why? If the Weapon is Replicated, the Server shoulded spawn Weapon and everyone sees the weapon.

Comment

Yes, is set to replicate:

This is My Weapon Base Class, extend your GrippableSkeletalActor class.

This is my method on Character class to Spawn the Weapon on Event Possessed.

The attachment pont is a holster in the ParentRelativeAttachment, the Holster is set to component replicate.

And then i call this method in the Event Possessed, in the server side.

And AssignClassWeapon is this:

But only server spawns it. If I put the AddWeaponSlot in a Server event, and Multicast without Server, all Clients Spawn correctly the Weapons. But Why? If the Weapon is Replicated, the Server shoulded spawn Weapon and everyone sees the weapon.
                  I don't know why it isn't working for you, there has to be something additional that you haven't stated.

I tested by literally spawning off of the same node as you, with a default grippableskeletalmeshactor with a generic mesh and attaching it to the waist component and it all worked fine.

You aren't spawning the hip attachment points client side are you? They are either a default part of the character or spawned server side?

Because the attachment replication wouldn't work correctly if the clients don't have the same slots as the server.

You can run some kind of notification code (pint to screen) or breakpoint on tick clientside only to check if the object spawns but doesn't attach correctly.
                  Last edited by mordentral; 09-12-2017, 10:53 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

The SpawnPoint is a default part of the Character.

In the Server works correctly, but in the Client not, the server sees the Weapon Clients attached and spawned correctly, but the Client don't see any weapon. I can't do Pin because i can't test multiplayer without compiling. (VR Preview don't works with two player set in Multiplayer Settings)

I'm sure is my fault, but i don't know where. All the rest mechanics works awesome great, i'm feel stupid, it's a easy thing and I have not had a problem with all the hardest.

This is my Character Spawn point. Is for use a SphereCollision?

Name:	VRCharacter.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	1352506

Thanks any way Mordentral.
                    Last edited by Aidan Puche; 09-12-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

The SpawnPoint is a default part of the Character.

In the Server works correctly, but in the Client not, the server sees the Weapon Clients attached and spawned correctly, but the Client don't see any weapon. I can't do Pin because i can't test multiplayer without compiling. (VR Preview don't works with two player set in Multiplayer Settings)

I'm sure is my fault, but i don't know where. All the rest mechanics works awesome great, i'm feel stupid, it's a easy thing and I have not had a problem with all the hardest.

This is my Character Spawn point. Is for use a SphereCollision?

Thanks any way Mordentral.
                      Don't set those to replicate, they are just attached to the parent relative attachment, their position can be done locally.

Regardless that shouldn't effect attachment to them.

You can totally test multiplayer with two 2D pawns though, the logic for this isn't any different than with VR pawns.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Whoa!
                        Effectively is an attachment problem, it's fixed now. The 2D trick saved my lives and my time, I can navigate and see the weapons in somewhere in the map. I adjusted the attachment and it's Works. Thanks one more time, you are so awesome.

Comment

So were are using version 4.15 and have added bots to the game. These bots inherit from the Simple VR Character. We have a bug that when the player moves the headset, the bots move aswell. We are stuck for a fix and wondering if you can think of something we are missing? It seems to be caused by capsule/movement component but thats as far as we can get with it.
                          Honeypot Espionage Development Update

Comment

Originally posted by gamereat View Post
                            So were are using version 4.15 and have added bots to the game. These bots inherit from the Simple VR Character. We have a bug that when the player moves the headset, the bots move aswell. We are stuck for a fix and wondering if you can think of something we are missing? It seems to be caused by capsule/movement component but thats as far as we can get with it.
                            That isn't really a bug, bots aren't supposed to inherit from the SimpleVRCharacter, you are introducing additional overhead to them by using that as a character base.

I "could" add a variable that you could set that would skip the headset positional checking in the simple character, but I feel like that would promote bad behavior?

By using the simple character you are adding in two motion controllers, a camera, and some overridden movement logic, all of which shouldn't be in a bot if you want to keep best performance.

The "correct" thing to do would be to use a standard character with animations and run it like any normal bot in engine.

That being said, if you really really really want to use the simple character for bots for some reason, I can make the hmd locking able to be toggled on it. I have it toggled on the VRCharacter for testing reasons.

*Edit* Added in a bSkipHMDChecks variable to the SimpleCharacterMovementComponent, it can be used for debugging with the simplecharacter anyway (It needs some love, the VRCharacter is more feature complete). It has been merged into every version from 4.15 - 4.17.

I would still suggest that you take the time to use a normal character for bots instead.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 09-13-2017, 08:52 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

That isn't really a bug, bots aren't supposed to inherit from the SimpleVRCharacter, you are introducing additional overhead to them by using that as a character base.

I "could" add a variable that you could set that would skip the headset positional checking in the simple character, but I feel like that would promote bad behavior?

By using the simple character you are adding in two motion controllers, a camera, and some overridden movement logic, all of which shouldn't be in a bot if you want to keep best performance.

The "correct" thing to do would be to use a standard character with animations and run it like any normal bot in engine.

That being said, if you really really really want to use the simple character for bots for some reason, I can make the hmd locking able to be toggled on it. I have it toggled on the VRCharacter for testing reasons.

*Edit* Added in a bSkipHMDChecks variable to the SimpleCharacterMovementComponent, it can be used for debugging with the simplecharacter anyway (It needs some love, the VRCharacter is more feature complete). It has been merged into every version from 4.15 - 4.17.

I would still suggest that you take the time to use a normal character for bots instead.

Thanks for the reply,
                              We ended up managing to fix it by disabling the movement and controller components on begin play which solved it for us.

We only need to get the bots to 'just' work for a demo very soon and when we fully implement them we plan on making a full new bot system as you said.
                              Honeypot Espionage Development Update

Comment

Originally posted by gamereat View Post

Thanks for the reply,
                                We ended up managing to fix it by disabling the movement and controller components on begin play which solved it for us.

We only need to get the bots to 'just' work for a demo very soon and when we fully implement them we plan on making a full new bot system as you said.
                                Ah, good....

The boolean is still there for now for 2D debugging.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X