Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Vahid View Post
    Hello guys, I'm trying to make a menu like the attached screen, i need some help for this...
    This image is from Fantastic Contraption,
    This menu is just enable in desktop and not VR headset.
    Not too sure, I haven't tried myself, Epic does this for RoboRecall so it would probably be best to start a new thread and ask them how they did it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello guys, I'm trying to make a menu like the attached screen, i need some help for this...
    This image is from Fantastic Contraption,
    This menu is just enable in desktop and not VR headset.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by oppne View Post
    Isnt this the same as widget interaction now?
    Yes, this will for for 4.11 and 4.12 though if you need it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Isnt this the same as widget interaction now?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just been testing out the work done for 4.13 and i must say its fantastic!!!!!!!

Here is a doc incase anyone is confused:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ion/index.html

Cant wait to see multi finger touch menus using leap motion O_o
    lol...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
    I'm not sure what your issue is, what do you mean by 7 errors? And just to get this straight you downloaded the plugin from the github? then the example project?
    The link you should use for 4.12 is this one:
    https://github.com/mitchemmc/VRUMGPl...n4.12.V0.3.zip
    As its already been compiled so you should't have to rebuild it

As for the changing controllers I'm not sure, UE4 doesn't re-poll the controller hands from steam VR during game play so steam VR can switch the hands but UE4 doesn't know, that might be it
    The "7 errors game" was just an image, sorry. I just mean that I've looked for the whole project and allt he blueprints to find differences, but I didn't find anything.
    I just downloaded your 4.12 version from the github, and reopened your example project (which is in 4.11 ? Works well as, but not really in 4.12, see below).
    The click emulation reaction is strange in both projects : when Thumbstick button is down, the button looks like clicked ; the checkbox looks like hovered ; the slider moves where I clicked but doesn't follow the cursor once clicked, just moves for each click.
    I've noticed too that the button is hovered with a certain angle of the controller positionned at a werid zone in upper front of the headset.

Edit : I've created a new project from scratch with your plugin installed. Now the button is correctly hovered, clicked, the slider follows the cursor (for that I had to add an "emulate touch down" node after the "emulate touch move" in the pawn blueprint), but the checkbox remains impossible to check.
    Last edited by Teapot Creation; 09-01-2016, 03:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Teapot Creation View Post
    Hi Mitch,

thanks a LOT for this plugin
    However I'm facing an issue when using it : I rebuild it to work with 4.12 - done fine, but the click emulation doesn't work.
    No button hovering, no button click, no check, no slider move...
    I just migrate the files from your example project to mine, the line trace and widget displaying works great but not the click.
    I've played the 7 errors game between both files blueprint but found all similar but a boolean "simulate hover" on the custom hit node in 4.12 version.
    The MenuObject reacts good though.

Any idea ?

Edit : oh and btw, do you know why at some moments both controllers are inverted ? I've got the menu on the right one and the line trace on the left...
    I'm not sure what your issue is, what do you mean by 7 errors? And just to get this straight you downloaded the plugin from the github? then the example project?
    The link you should use for 4.12 is this one:
    https://github.com/mitchemmc/VRUMGPl...n4.12.V0.3.zip
    As its already been compiled so you should't have to rebuild it

As for the changing controllers I'm not sure, UE4 doesn't re-poll the controller hands from steam VR during game play so steam VR can switch the hands but UE4 doesn't know, that might be it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Mitch,

thanks a LOT for this plugin
    However I'm facing an issue when using it : I rebuild it to work with 4.12 - done fine, but the click emulation doesn't work.
    No button hovering, no button click, no check, no slider move...
    I just migrate the files from your example project to mine, the line trace and widget displaying works great but not the click.
    I've played the 7 errors game between both files blueprint but found all similar but a boolean "simulate hover" on the custom hit node in 4.12 version.
    The MenuObject reacts good though.

Any idea ?

Edit : oh and btw, do you know why at some moments both controllers are inverted ? I've got the menu on the right one and the line trace on the left...
    Last edited by Teapot Creation; 08-31-2016, 10:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They just seem like errors with the engine version

What engine version do you want to use, i haven't had time to update the demo project to the latest build so it won't fully support gear VR, its also built on 4.11.

If you really want you can just right click on the project file and go Generate Visual Studio files and then open visual studio files then built it manually
    Hey Mitch,

My apologies for the late reply. I was not able to login as the UE4 forum portal was under maintenance. I will see whether it works after manual compilation. Also I am using UE 4.11.2 and 4.12.5 to test your demo project and our office projects as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ameygumaste View Post
    Hey Mitch,

I have been trying to open the demo project you have provided. I have also tried to add the given plugin to an empty project I created. I get the following issues. The projects dont even start, neither can I compile them. What could be the issue?
    I am attaching the screenshots of the error messages I am getting.

After I get these errors, the project crashes. I have tried using 4.11 as well as 4.12. And have tried to use a previous project as well as a clean one. The same thing happens in all cases.
    They just seem like errors with the engine version

What engine version do you want to use, i haven't had time to update the demo project to the latest build so it won't fully support gear VR, its also built on 4.11.

If you really want you can just right click on the project file and go Generate Visual Studio files and then open visual studio files then built it manually

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Mitch,

I have been trying to open the demo project you have provided. I have also tried to add the given plugin to an empty project I created. I get the following issues. The projects dont even start, neither can I compile them. What could be the issue?
    I am attaching the screenshots of the error messages I am getting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_openingProject.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1114150

Name:	1_YesOptionError.jpg
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1114151

Name:	1_Projectwithpluginfolder.jpg
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1114152

Name:	2_Projectwithpluginfolder.jpg
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1114153

Name:	3_Projectwithpluginfolder.jpg
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1114154

After I get these errors, the project crashes. I have tried using 4.11 as well as 4.12. And have tried to use a previous project as well as a clean one. The same thing happens in all cases.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make sure you compile your actors that use the VRWidgetComponent again as in the newest version the SetCustomHit node takes two arguments
    Thanks,Mitch.
    Maybe my project has some problem for my misoperation and I just give it up!

I do it from the start and set as yours.
    The VR Widgets and Packaging works fine!!!!!!!!!!
    It seems that it has no problem with your VR Widget now!
    Anyway,thank you for your patience and detailed answers.
    Thank you very much!
    Luck Xu
    Last edited by luckpolar; 08-17-2016, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by luckpolar View Post
    Thanks for your reply,Mitch.
    I use Engine 4.12
    I change to your v0.3 version.
    I just copy the 0.3 version files and paste it to my project->Plugins.
    And I delete the Intermediate and Saved folders and adding a None C++ class to my project.
    When I compile all the blueprint and package the project
    It shows a different problem.
    Here is the Log picture.
    It seem that "error C2660: 'UVRWidgetComponent::SetCustomHit': function does not take 1 arguments" shows out.
    Is there any way to compile from source and copy the compiled Plugins to another blueprint only project?
    Looking forward to your reply.
    Luck Xu
    Make sure you compile your actors that use the VRWidgetComponent again as in the newest version the SetCustomHit node takes two arguments

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, seems to be a build issue due to the plugin and a blueprint only project, I fixed this in a later version of the plugin are you using the latest version for your engine i.e. 4.11 or 4.12?

If you are and are still getting this error try deleting the Intermediate and Saved folders and adding any c++ class to your project and see if it builds then
    Thanks for your reply,Mitch.
    I use Engine 4.12
    I change to your v0.3 version.
    I just copy the 0.3 version files and paste it to my project->Plugins.
    And I delete the Intermediate and Saved folders and adding a None C++ class to my project.
    When I compile all the blueprint and package the project
    It shows a different problem.
    Here is the Log picture.

Name:	25.png
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	1113879
    It seem that "error C2660: 'UVRWidgetComponent::SetCustomHit': function does not take 1 arguments" shows out.
    Is there any way to compile from source and copy the compiled Plugins to another blueprint only project?
    Luck Xu

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by luckpolar View Post
    Hi,Mitch,thanks for your reply.
    I follow your opinion and do the similar things.
    I supposed that the problem are still on.
    Here is project file picture.

Here is the LOG picture.

PS:It is a really interesting thing.
    When I copy my project to another computer, It could successfully package.
    But I couldn't package successfully on my own project.
    It really confused me.
    Luck Xu
    Ok, seems to be a build issue due to the plugin and a blueprint only project, I fixed this in a later version of the plugin are you using the latest version for your engine i.e. 4.11 or 4.12?

If you are and are still getting this error try deleting the Intermediate and Saved folders and adding any c++ class to your project and see if it builds then

Leave a comment:

Working...
X