Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR UMG Compatibility Plugin!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    Ohh, Gear VR support! N i c e !

    Do you plan providing binary for Android (Gear VR) by chance?
    Thanks,
    What do you mean by Android binary?
    The current binary is for Windows 64Bit so you can use the plugin without compiling for any platform that windows can package to.
    At least I believe so (I tested it for Gear VR/Android and didn't have to have a code project).
    UE4 VR Cookbook
    Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
    VR Content Examples

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
      Thanks,
      What do you mean by Android binary?
      The current binary is for Windows 64Bit so you can use the plugin without compiling for any platform that windows can package to.
      At least I believe so (I tested it for Gear VR/Android and didn't have to have a code project).
      Well, other plugins I use require to be either compiled for Android or come with .so libs (assuming they are made to expose new functionality to BP-only projects)

      "Plugins" that aren't quite plugins but rather BP code of course do not require anything to be compiled for specific OS.

      I don't know how your "plugin" is made, but if it's C++ code and it is compiled as a DLL for Windows , I am sure it requires .so lib to be compiled for Android.

      Perhaps I am misunderstanding something about this plugin

      Comment


        #48
        if it's this plugin ya'll are talking bout, yah just make Plugins folder in your project, above the content folder... and extract the VR UMG folder into that Plugins folder... open project... and it'll show in the plugins sections.... no building required on this one...

        great work and thank you again for the GearVR rollover fix...
        took that doom and haze off my mind for good.

        All Hail Mitch! (for now until we find something else to complain about, which I already have, but it's not really his problem, so no blame on Mitch, but a challenge set.. )

        I.E. - the web browser widget in GearVR will take over left top right eye when it comes into view in world. I've found no way to make the widget stick in world... but then again I'm not a wizrad like you guys.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by motorsep View Post
          Well, other plugins I use require to be either compiled for Android or come with .so libs (assuming they are made to expose new functionality to BP-only projects)
          Hmm, never run into that, has always just worked, haha (it might depend on what type of plugin it is, mine is really just a new component)

          Originally posted by WilliamHooper View Post
          I.E. - the web browser widget in GearVR will take over left top right eye when it comes into view in world. I've found no way to make the widget stick in world... but then again I'm not a wizrad like you guys.
          I believe that would be due to how the web browser widget is implemented as I think it uses the android native browser so it just renders a browser on top of your screen, I'll have a look into it with 4.13 and see if they fixed it, although I doubt that's something that my plugin could fix as it is most likely engine side and would need a re-write of some engine logic
          UE4 VR Cookbook
          Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
          VR Content Examples

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
            Hey, if you want the Pawn to be directly in the level, you don't want to use a game mode and instead once the Pawn is in the level go into its details and set Auto Possess Player to Player 0, this will make the pawn that's in the level be automatically possessed by the players Player Controller
            Thank you very much, Mitch.
            It works!
            Thank you!
            Here is a problem I recently found.
            I create a Pawn as similar as yours, It works well with the VR widget as a Actor in the world.I can interact with it.
            But when I interact with VR Widget on my controller(L), the trace line just goes through out the VR Widget on my hand without any hitting or interaction,
            When I press the button, it doesn't show the clicked button motion and etc.
            I don't know where is wrong...Here is the BP of the Pawn.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	18.png
Views:	1
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	1113721
            Could you tell me where is wrong?
            Thank you very much!
            Looking forward to your reply.
            Luck Xu
            Last edited by luckpolar; 08-14-2016, 10:14 AM.

            Comment


              #51
              Hey, quick question. My umg used to work until I downloaded the new version that allows hover events to work. Now my buttons can be hovered over and clicked on but they only actually trigger their events if you click them from a very specific and uncomfortable angle. Has something changed about the way this should be implemented between the versions or has something else gone wrong?

              Thanks in advance

              Comment


                #52
                I have reverted back to the 4.12 release from the git and everything works well. I've also realised that the reason I wasn't getting hover event is that I didn't have a menu actor in the level somewhere.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by RolexRage View Post
                  Hey, quick question. My umg used to work until I downloaded the new version that allows hover events to work. Now my buttons can be hovered over and clicked on but they only actually trigger their events if you click them from a very specific and uncomfortable angle. Has something changed about the way this should be implemented between the versions or has something else gone wrong?

                  Thanks in advance
                  in regards to the plugin rollover fix 3.01 what do you mean specific and uncomfortable angle... I'm using GearVR and have not experienced this...

                  is it maybe hitting text (if you have text) on button and causing it to block hit?

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by RolexRage View Post
                    I have reverted back to the 4.12 release from the git and everything works well. I've also realised that the reason I wasn't getting hover event is that I didn't have a menu actor in the level somewhere.
                    Sorry all, I need to understand this... a menu actor? so you had a BP of a widget with UMG in world and had no hover event... with a player? what is this menu actor you mention? can you detail?

                    is the menu actor the BP of widget, or? if its something else how did it affect the rollover?

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
                      Thanks,
                      What do you mean by Android binary?
                      The current binary is for Windows 64Bit so you can use the plugin without compiling for any platform that windows can package to.
                      At least I believe so (I tested it for Gear VR/Android and didn't have to have a code project).
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	19.png
Views:	1
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	1113756
                      Hi,Mitch,I have a packaging error when I packaging my project,
                      the error log shows as follow?
                      I don't know where I am wrong ?
                      I download the whole files from your GitHub and copy the folder and paste it to my "Test2(Project Name)->Plugins"
                      When I packaging my project,it shows packaging error CS0101, and with a unknow error.
                      I really need your help.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by luckpolar View Post
                        Hi,Mitch,I have a packaging error when I packaging my project,
                        the error log shows as follow?
                        I don't know where I am wrong ?
                        I download the whole files from your GitHub and copy the folder and paste it to my "Test2(Project Name)->Plugins"
                        When I packaging my project,it shows packaging error CS0101, and with a unknow error.
                        I really need your help.
                        Hey, try removing that outer folder and see if that helps, the project structure should look something like this: \Plugins\VRUMGPlugin\Source
                        UE4 VR Cookbook
                        Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
                        VR Content Examples

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
                          Hey, try removing that outer folder and see if that helps, the project structure should look something like this: \Plugins\VRUMGPlugin\Source
                          Hi,Mitch,thanks for your reply.
                          I follow your opinion and do the similar things.
                          I supposed that the problem are still on.
                          Here is project file picture.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	22.png
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1113869
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	23.png
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1113870
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	24.png
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1113871
                          Here is the LOG picture.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20.png
Views:	1
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	1113872

                          PS:It is a really interesting thing.
                          When I copy my project to another computer, It could successfully package.
                          But I couldn't package successfully on my own project.
                          It really confused me.
                          Looking forward to your reply.
                          Luck Xu

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by luckpolar View Post
                            Hi,Mitch,thanks for your reply.
                            I follow your opinion and do the similar things.
                            I supposed that the problem are still on.
                            Here is project file picture.

                            Here is the LOG picture.


                            PS:It is a really interesting thing.
                            When I copy my project to another computer, It could successfully package.
                            But I couldn't package successfully on my own project.
                            It really confused me.
                            Looking forward to your reply.
                            Luck Xu
                            Ok, seems to be a build issue due to the plugin and a blueprint only project, I fixed this in a later version of the plugin are you using the latest version for your engine i.e. 4.11 or 4.12?

                            If you are and are still getting this error try deleting the Intermediate and Saved folders and adding any c++ class to your project and see if it builds then
                            UE4 VR Cookbook
                            Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
                            VR Content Examples

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
                              Ok, seems to be a build issue due to the plugin and a blueprint only project, I fixed this in a later version of the plugin are you using the latest version for your engine i.e. 4.11 or 4.12?

                              If you are and are still getting this error try deleting the Intermediate and Saved folders and adding any c++ class to your project and see if it builds then
                              Thanks for your reply,Mitch.
                              I use Engine 4.12
                              I change to your v0.3 version.
                              I just copy the 0.3 version files and paste it to my project->Plugins.
                              And I delete the Intermediate and Saved folders and adding a None C++ class to my project.
                              When I compile all the blueprint and package the project
                              It shows a different problem.
                              Here is the Log picture.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	25.png
Views:	1
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	1113879
                              It seem that "error C2660: 'UVRWidgetComponent::SetCustomHit': function does not take 1 arguments" shows out.
                              Is there any way to compile from source and copy the compiled Plugins to another blueprint only project?
                              Looking forward to your reply.
                              Luck Xu

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by luckpolar View Post
                                Thanks for your reply,Mitch.
                                I use Engine 4.12
                                I change to your v0.3 version.
                                I just copy the 0.3 version files and paste it to my project->Plugins.
                                And I delete the Intermediate and Saved folders and adding a None C++ class to my project.
                                When I compile all the blueprint and package the project
                                It shows a different problem.
                                Here is the Log picture.
                                It seem that "error C2660: 'UVRWidgetComponent::SetCustomHit': function does not take 1 arguments" shows out.
                                Is there any way to compile from source and copy the compiled Plugins to another blueprint only project?
                                Looking forward to your reply.
                                Luck Xu
                                Make sure you compile your actors that use the VRWidgetComponent again as in the newest version the SetCustomHit node takes two arguments
                                UE4 VR Cookbook
                                Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
                                VR Content Examples

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X