Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[G-Cardboard/Android] 4.12 -> VR Looks like ****?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[G-Cardboard/Android] 4.12 -> VR Looks like ****?

Hello,
    I'm new here, and i was starting to play with Unreal Engine, Google-Cardboard and a LG-G3
    After some Build Crashes (4.12 Preview 5) and a Post in the Answer Hub, i think today was my day with the Update!
    I can compilate a running VR-Apk for the LG-G3 with 4.12 Official
    That was nice! no crashes or anything else! it just run!

But my problem is...
    it looks like c*r*a*p!

On the PC, The Terrain, the textures and Material are so glad and nice to look... but if you install the "App" on the Smartphone, some textures are hidden?! i mean... they are not there, just missing
    some Terrain textures/material looks like little squares... There are just little Squares with the Base Color of "sand"
    i made a nice Sand-Material ... but there is just little squares! no stones, no texture, nothing that remind you on sand! only the Color in maybe 1million squares!

I Startet a "blank-project" i spent maybe 4 Hours for the project, its a 8x8 Floor with 6 Rooms, 3 Stairs, 7 Doors...
    but ... i feel like that wasted my time? =( im not happy about the product which i produced by my self!

Why does the Terrain looks so incredible different?
    Should i try it with Starter-Content?
    Should i enable HDR?
    What should i do?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CemOoOoO; 06-03-2016, 06:12 AM.

Okay so i gave it a try with Starter Content...
    But...
    It looks incredible NOT amazing!

i don't know what to do or how i should be do something that it looks better!
    maybe some one of you could help me?

i mean omg! your eyes going to be wasted if you would see that!

Comment

sorry, just trying to understand, are you pretending to get the same quality you see on your PC in a smartphone?
      Maybe you should have to check/get knowledge of what can you get in terms of quality in mobile compared to a PC, if you want to do an app.
      Hope this helps.
      https://vimeo.com/395997583

Comment

Originally posted by malcriado View Post
        sorry, just trying to understand, are you pretending to get the same quality you see on your PC in a smartphone?
        Maybe you should have to check/get knowledge of what can you get in terms of quality in mobile compared to a PC, if you want to do an app.
        Hope this helps.
        Agreed, cardboard should be treated as a very simple graphical asset quality, I haven't had time to test yet but I would assume old school techniques would probably be needed like unlit diffuse only scenes becuase the performance would be low over a range of phones, it would not be PC quality or even Gear Vr quality.
        Portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/artist/paulroach

Comment

I dont wont to get PC-like quality ... I know that this will not be happen

The problem is, i cant upload some pictures... You would understand what i mean!
          I will get simple graphic, not ugly, just simple and basic....
          But on the smartphone it is ugly as hell and i dont know what to do!

In a few hours, i upload some pictures with abload or a picture hoster...
          Maybe its better to understand and easier to help or to give some other instructions

Comment

Maybe show us what you achieved and how it should looks like (screenshot).
            Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Originally posted by gameDNA studio View Post
              Maybe show us what you achieved and how it should looks like (screenshot).
              I think he is talking about the resolution; dude it's a phone don't expect much till newer daydream compatible devices come out (yes, it's a thing: as far as I can tell they have a more advanced system of the 3ds' screen paired with some funky lensworks in order to get a better effect). Watch the news and leaks
              Github - YouTube - Unreal Slackers - KITATUS

Comment

Okay i Uploadet a sample of Pictures
                the Data-name with "PNG" is Unreal-Engine on PC
                the Data-name with "png" is Cardboard ... its simple to different that

so, what i want to say is... i understand that the LG or a smartphone isn't a High-End Gaming PC... but i saw some VR-Apps especially from Play-Store which looks great!
                i mean, i don't expect much, but a little bit more than THIS =)
                and i Hope you can help, and understand what i mean.

Room1PNG
                Room3PNG
                Room4PNG
                Room5PNG
                Room3-2PNG

Room1png
                Room3png
                Room3-2png
                Room4png
                Room5png
                Last edited by CemOoOoO; 06-05-2016, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Postprocessing effects, lightmap... I think you need to turn off some things.

Comment

Originally posted by d1favero View Post
                    Postprocessing effects, lightmap... I think you need to turn off some things.
                    Welcome, Your first Post.

I'm new in Unreal Engine, and i don't know how to set up these things, maybe you could go a little bit more Deeper into details

do you think that the lightmapping should improve the graphic? or the Postprocessing filter?
                    do i have it to enable? disable? ....
                    questions over questions please be patient and go a little bit more in deepth

Comment

Change your desktop preview settings to mobile so you can see what it's going to look like properly

Comment

Okay i'll figure it out how it works.
                        Thx for that comment.

All comments are helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by CemOoOoO View Post
                          Welcome, Your first Post.

I'm new in Unreal Engine, and i don't know how to set up these things, maybe you could go a little bit more Deeper into details

So first I recommend you study the official UE4 documentation and tutorials on YouTube...
                          Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Working...
                          X