• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    Where did you see that?
    right here:

Originally posted by freeman-imp View Post
    I'm with Impulsonic and we have 3D audio, reverb, and occlusion plugins for UE4. We're currently working on GearVR + FMOD support and expect to officially release something in the next few weeks. If you have a tighter deadline get in touch and we may be able to give you a preview version. We already support UE4 native spatialization on Win64, and UE4 + FMOD Win64, so you're welcome to try those out in the meantime.

https://www.impulsonic.com/downloads/#phonon-3d-1-5

Here is a video of how to get set up, some parts are a little out of date (no need to package HRTF anymore), but it should give you the gist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jI105NGmcI
    Easy weapons in Unreal Engine 4:
    Check out Realistic Blueprint Weapons

Currently doing a tutorial series on Vectors and what they are good for.
    Please visit Unreal Unscripted

Comment

Hmm. Somehow I overlooked that.

Phonon 3D 1.1 was tested and benchmarked with Gear VR (I provided the link) and now it's version 1.5, so I am sure it already works on Gear VR. But, if the Impulsonic guy said it's not ready, then good thing I didn't purchase it.
      Last edited by motorsep; 06-13-2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=70870]freeman-imp[/MENTION]: could you please clarify readiness of Phonon 3D and other plugins for Gear VR ? (using FMOD for UE4)

Comment

ook, more info came up about spatialized sound for Gear VR: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/...Comment_411562

So basically, FMOD is the only solution available to Gear VR devs right now.

Comment

Is FMOD still the only solution to have spatialized sound on Android?
            Or are there any other ways to fake some 3d sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Fischi View Post
              Is FMOD still the only solution to have spatialized sound on Android?
              Or are there any other ways to fake some 3d sound?
              Yes it is. I am not sure when, if ever, Epic will get spatialization through Oculus Audio SDK working on Android

Comment

So it's useless to check the oculus audio plugin without having FMOD, isn't it?
                Do you have some good examples for spatialized sound in Android apps?

Comment

What plugin? The one in UE4? That one doesn't do anything anyway for Gear VR.

You have to have FMOD and you use Audio SDK plugin for FMOD on top of that to get spatialized audio in Gear VR.

I don't know specific examples, but as you can hear sound spatialized in real life, you can hear something similar when using spatializer in VR (you can determine direction, distance and a bit of elevation of the sound source in your VR scene).

Also if you have enough hardware resources you can use reverb and occlusions.

Comment

To get you right motorsep, I need to buy the FMOD Studio with the Indie license and then get the Oculus audio plugin to be able to use spatialized sound on my Android app?
                    Sorry for my dump questions but this is the first app that I am creating, so this is all new to me :/

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Fischi View Post
                      To get you right motorsep, I need to buy the FMOD Studio with the Indie license and then get the Oculus audio plugin to be able to use spatialized sound on my Android app?
                      Sorry for my dump questions but this is the first app that I am creating, so this is all new to me :/
                      Did you check with FMOD's website? For free projects it's free. For initial commercial project for indies it's free. So, if you go commercial, make sure your first project makes enough to may for FMOD license for the second project

Comment

Working...
                      X