X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR Content Examples

VR Content Examples

Hey people, Mitch here
    I've been doing my tutorial series for a few months now and I have a cool project that I would like to share with everyone.

The idea behind this is a community project that shows how to accomplish cool things in VR for UE4. It is meant to be headset agnostic and I would like to also have specific levels for the quirks for all headsets.

Checkout the gitHub for more information on the functionality currently implemented https://github.com/mitchemmc/VRContentExamples

If gitHub isn't your thing I also did a video covering the initial functionality on my youtube channel

and here's an update with the new World Interaction level

As always any feedback is welcome so please feel free to email me at mitchsvrlab@gmail.com

The project will remain free for the foreseeable future if you feel like supporting me feel free to donate.
    -----Donate-----
    Last edited by mitchemmc; 07-08-2016, 08:19 AM.
    UE4 VR Cookbook
    Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
    VR Content Examples

For those of you who don't want to watch the entire video here are some snippets of the current functionality

UE4 VR Cookbook
    VR Content Examples

Comment

edit: What it looks like with the Vive:

Last edited by mitchemmc; 05-19-2016, 09:06 AM.
      UE4 VR Cookbook
      VR Content Examples

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for

Thanks Mitch and great tutorials, I'm learning a lot with them!

PS: Setup a paypal page
        ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Nice job, good to see you're making a lot of progress with the tutorials. As someone who took a break from developing for a while and only started again a few weeks ago when I got my Vive, the parabola/navmesh projection for teleport was a handy refresher

Comment

Good job!!!

Comment

Thanks a bunch! I'm learning Unreal & Vive Blueprints, and this will help me enormously.

Comment

Very awesome stuff, will check this out for sure
                Plugins: TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense - CIM

Comment

Question (or a few) - is that a navmesh you manipulate in the Editor to define the area where teleportaton is allowed? If so, how do you do that?

Also, how do you get trace hit result from navmesh ?

And the last one - how do you define areas where engine generate nav mesh?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                    Question (or a few) - is that a navmesh you manipulate in the Editor to define the area where teleportaton is allowed? If so, how do you do that?

Also, how do you get trace hit result from navmesh ?

And the last one - how do you define areas where engine generate nav mesh?

Thanks
                    It isn't actually a nav mesh, what it is, is a spline component where you put in the points of the polygon. I then take those points and triangulate them (using ear clipping) then once I have the triangles I create a procedural mesh component with them. After that I do UV Planar projection to create UVS for the new mesh and finally I trace the edges with a instance static mesh component.

If you would like a nav mesh you can check out the Simple_Teleportation level or checkout my simple teleportation video
                    UE4 VR Cookbook
                    VR Content Examples

Comment

Mitch thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and time. I'm a UE4 and Vive newbie. I downloaded your project from github and can't get past 45% when opening the project in UE4 4.11.2. Any ideas?

If I delete the Config/Intermediate/Saved folders it will open but I'm thinking something is amiss.

If it helps I'm on Windows 10.

Comment

Thank you soooooooooooo much for this Mitch.

You are my new Hero!!

That is an excellent way to do interaction with widgets and it makes it pretty easy to spit out menu's now which was just what i was needing!

Many thanks!
                        Zombie slaying, Monster hunting, PVP
                        http://fight-or-flight.webflow.io/

Comment

Very usefull examples!! Thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by thejturner View Post
                            Mitch thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and time. I'm a UE4 and Vive newbie. I downloaded your project from github and can't get past 45% when opening the project in UE4 4.11.2. Any ideas?

If I delete the Config/Intermediate/Saved folders it will open but I'm thinking something is amiss.

If it helps I'm on Windows 10.
                            It takes a good amount of time the first opening. Depending on the machine it could just be a few mins or could be much longer. It has to recompile all the shaders and everything else in the background on the first opening.

Comment

Any plan on when you are adding Vive content to this template? Last time I checked it said to be added soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X