No announcement yet.

VR Content Examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Work. Really enjoying working with the Blueprints.

I am trying to adapt this so that when you pickup an item you leave a copy of it behind. Any ideas on how this might work would be much appreciated?

Comment

Originally posted by tomasmillar View Post
      Great Work. Really enjoying working with the Blueprints.

I am trying to adapt this so that when you pickup an item you leave a copy of it behind. Any ideas on how this might work would be much appreciated?
      Hmm, it really depends if your object has any instance variable (i.e. variables that are different than the default) if so you would need to implement a way to clone a blueprint (could just be a function inside the blueprint that creates a new instance of the class and sets all the needed variables) if you don't have any instance variables simple spawning a new actor of the same class on pickup should work
      UE4 VR Cookbook
      Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
      VR Content Examples

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to spawn a Static mesh but having difficulties... Does it need to be part of a blueprint class to be able to spawn?

Comment

Originally posted by tomasmillar View Post
          Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to spawn a Static mesh but having difficulties... Does it need to be part of a blueprint class to be able to spawn?
          Yes and no, technically static meshes in the world are actually Static Mesh Actors so they are basically blueprints. If you want to spawn a static mesh you would spawn a static mesh actor and then set it's static mesh property to the mesh you would like.
          UE4 VR Cookbook
          VR Content Examples

Comment

Hi Mitch, this is amazing and so informative! Thanks for that!

Comment

Hi all,

[MENTION=12245]mitchemmc[/MENTION]

I'm trying to implement your simple teleportation method, but it's somehow not working perfectly for me. The teleportation target appears to be "angled" from the true camera forward vector:

Click image for larger version

Name:	angled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1112867

Here you can see that the debug cylinder is positioned to the left from the center of the screen, where the camera is positioned marked with a cross.
              In my blueprint I have a event to identify if HMD is enabled, if not, increase the height of the camera by 160cm for example. This is so my game will work in both VR and regular PC.
              The rest is pretty standard, I followed your tutorials to the letter!

Click image for larger version

Name:	blueprint.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	1112868

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
              Cheers
              Last edited by tiago.delgrossi; 08-01-2016, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tiago.delgrossi View Post
                Hi all,

[MENTION=12245]mitchemmc[/MENTION]

I'm trying to implement your simple teleportation method, but it's somehow not working perfectly for me. The teleportation target appears to be "angled" from the true camera forward vector:

Here you can see that the debug cylinder is positioned to the left from the center of the screen, where the camera is positioned marked with a cross.
                In my blueprint I have a event to identify if HMD is enabled, if not, increase the height of the camera by 160cm for example. This is so my game will work in both VR and regular PC.
                The rest is pretty standard, I followed your tutorials to the letter!

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
                Cheers
                Could you provide a picture of the actual trace function?
                UE4 VR Cookbook
                VR Content Examples

Comment

Hey Mitch!

So I have been trying to use the Trace Interaction Pawn and the World Interaction Pawn. I came across something strange. When I use the Trace Interaction Pawn, all the world scale and dimensions look fine. But, when I use the World Interaction Pawn, everything seems normal when you walk up to things and try to gauge their dimensions physically. But when you move far from them, things appear small, miniaturized. The strange part is that, this does not happen with Trace Interaction Pawn.

Just something weird I came across, wanted to know whether anyone has come across anything similar.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Some cool things coming in the 4.13 version of the content examples version

Oh and a lot of bug fixes as well, early version should be out in the next week
                    UE4 VR Cookbook
                    VR Content Examples

Comment

Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
                      Some cool things coming in the 4.13 version of the content examples version

Oh and a lot of bug fixes as well, early version should be out in the next week
                      Looking forward to its release! Thanks Mitch!!

Comment

This package is great, thanks so much for sharing it with the community. Right now I'm stuck with LeapMotion on Rift as I have no real physical motion controllers as of yet. I'm trying to substitute the LeapMotion with the Vive inputs you have designed and I'm pulling my hair out a bit over it!

Any chance you could share any details about using the LeapMotion controller with this series of tutorials?

Comment

Hi Mitch,

Hope all's been well the past few months. I have used your VR Content examples in a project and just migrated the project to 4.13 to see what would happen.
                          I noticed all the physics objects seem to have insane gravity. It's pretty funny! It's as if the gravity is 6x less than usual. The "interactable cartridges" dont seem to inherit any velocity from the motion controller movement when they are released.
                          Trying to work out what has caused this, just thought i'd post here to see if you or others had also noticed this.
                          Michael Wentworth-Bell
                          Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
                          Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Mitch,

Just wondering if you had a time line for the release of the 4.13 content examples?

Comment

I am sorry!I'm not good at English. I can not pack, you need to install visual studio prompt appears, follow the prompts to install, and then there would be no packing tips, but an error occurs, ask what it is´╝čThankyou!

Comment

New Update
                                4.13 now fully supported
                                https://github.com/mitchemmc/VRConte...leases/tag/1.4

Summary:
                                - Updating to new Haptic Feedback functions
                                - Using the new Get HMD device function for the HMD enum
                                - Added new Whiteboard example in the World Interaction level
                                - Completely reworked the trace interaction to use the new Widget Interaction Component
                                - New UMG Keyboard that uses the interaction component to interact with any 3D UMG widgets

Here's the new Whiteboard that uses the Canvas blueprint functions introduced in 4.13

UE4 VR Cookbook
                                VR Content Examples

Comment

Working...
                                X