VR Content Examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
    Any plan on when you are adding Vive content to this template? Last time I checked it said to be added soon.
    The Trace Interaction Level supports the Vive natively, if you're talking about the intro to steam VR level I'm working on it
    UE4 VR Cookbook
    Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
    VR Content Examples

Comment

Very cool examples, but i want to know how to call a "real" button event, like on Clicked, on Hover and so on.
      i saw you "Set members in ButtonStyle" to change the button state.
      if ui designer make a lot of button states, how can i use those ?

Comment

great work - we are adding to this, do you mind if we share it here on this post?

Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
        VR Content Examples

Hey people, Mitch here
        I've been doing my tutorial series for a few months now and I have a cool project that I would like to share with everyone.

The idea behind this is a community project that shows how to accomplish cool things in VR for UE4. It is meant to be headset agnostic and I would like to also have specific levels for the quirks for all headsets.

Checkout the gitHub for more information on the functionality currently implemented https://github.com/mitchemmc/VRContentExamples

If gitHub isn't your thing I also did a video covering the initial functionality on my youtube channel

As always any feedback is welcome so please feel free to email me at mitchsvrlab@gmail.com

The project will remain free for the foreseeable future if you feel like supporting me feel free to donate.
        -----Donate-----

great work - we are adding to this, do you mind if we share it here on this post?

Comment

The Trace Interaction Level supports the Vive natively, if you're talking about the intro to steam VR level I'm working on it
          Have you seen the SteamVR Template project?

https://github.com/ProteusVR/SteamVR-Template

Comment

Hello Mitch,

I am really grateful to you for sharing this template. It has helped me a lot to move ahead in my projects.
            There is a specific change that I need to make in the blueprint which is a requirement for my project. I want the teleportation tracer appear only when I press the Thumbpad 1 on my controller. I should be able to teleport when I release the key. Moreover the tracer target and trajectory should appear only when I press the key and disappear when I teleport. I have tried different approaches on my end, but it did not work. I am a novice in UE4 development and blueprints. I would really appreciate it if you could suggest a quick fix for this.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Sorry, not Thumbpad 1 but FaceButton 1
              Originally posted by ameygumaste View Post
              Hello Mitch,

I am really grateful to you for sharing this template. It has helped me a lot to move ahead in my projects.
              There is a specific change that I need to make in the blueprint which is a requirement for my project. I want the teleportation tracer appear only when I press the Thumbpad 1 on my controller. I should be able to teleport when I release the key. Moreover the tracer target and trajectory should appear only when I press the key and disappear when I teleport. I have tried different approaches on my end, but it did not work. I am a novice in UE4 development and blueprints. I would really appreciate it if you could suggest a quick fix for this.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Mitch,

Have you had any problems with a crash when launching the trace interaction level? I have noticed that UE4 seems to be crashing with a TeleportChaperoneBounds error on either the TeleportArea or TeleportBounds actor. I seems to work as long as I play first from the default level, then change levels and goto the Trace Interaction level. After that it works indefinitely until I shutdown SteamVR then it has the problem again. Drove me crazy for a while to figure out what was going on but still can't exactly figure out how to make it work without this workaround.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by C4 View Post
                  Mitch,

Have you had any problems with a crash when launching the trace interaction level? I have noticed that UE4 seems to be crashing with a TeleportChaperoneBounds error on either the TeleportArea or TeleportBounds actor. I seems to work as long as I play first from the default level, then change levels and goto the Trace Interaction level. After that it works indefinitely until I shutdown SteamVR then it has the problem again. Drove me crazy for a while to figure out what was going on but still can't exactly figure out how to make it work without this workaround.

Thanks,
                  I got this crash also, it only happens on that one map

Comment

Originally posted by wangcong View Post
                    Very cool examples, but i want to know how to call a "real" button event, like on Clicked, on Hover and so on.
                    i saw you "Set members in ButtonStyle" to change the button state.
                    if ui designer make a lot of button states, how can i use those ?
                    I'm not too sure what you mean by a real button event, currently I believe there are no good ways to do this with official UMG widgets and blueprints only. But my buttons should act just like normal buttons as in they have delegate methods for all the onClicked, OnHovered etc. that UMG buttons have

Originally posted by rrstuv View Post
                    Sure, just make sure to make a pull request on gitHub

Originally posted by rrstuv View Post
                    Have you seen the SteamVR Template project?

https://github.com/ProteusVR/SteamVR-Template
                    I have, I actually contributed to it in the early stages, I haven't had a look in a little bit though so I'll check out the latest version
                    UE4 VR Cookbook
                    VR Content Examples

Comment

Originally posted by C4 View Post
                      Mitch,

Thanks,
                      Originally posted by Imsopov View Post
                      I got this crash also, it only happens on that one map
                      Very odd, it sounds like it has something to do with Ue4's chaperone component, I'll do some testing to see if I can replicate it on my end

Edit Ok, I don't believe it's the chaperone component, I wasn't able to reproduce the bug however I just pushed a new build to GitHub fixing an instance mesh shadow bug that may help
                      Last edited by mitchemmc; 05-27-2016, 09:56 AM.
                      UE4 VR Cookbook
                      VR Content Examples

Comment

Originally posted by ameygumaste View Post
                        Hello Mitch,

Thanks a lot!
                        Sure here's how to do it

First move this if statement before the trace logic so we don't trace when we don't have to
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	01.png
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1107250

Next create a sequence node and attach it to the button up as well as both the trace down and trace up

Name:	02.png
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1107251

Next add a new pin to the sequence
                        on the button down show the trace visualiser
                        then call trace leave on the focused object
                        then reset the focused object
                        and finally hide the trace visualiser

Name:	03.png
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	1107252

Lastly add these doOnce nodes to the motion controller detection

Name:	04.png
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	1107253

If you want I just updated the gitHub master with the changes pretty much made for you
                        Last edited by mitchemmc; 05-27-2016, 10:13 PM.
                        UE4 VR Cookbook
                        VR Content Examples

Comment

great work
                          thx alot

I'm trying to make longbow work
                          but

Comment

Sure here's how to do it

First move this if statement before the trace logic so we don't trace when we don't have to
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]94954[/ATTACH]

Next create a sequence node and attach it to the button up as well as both the trace down and trace up
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]94956[/ATTACH]

Next add a new pin to the sequence
                            on the button down show the trace visualiser
                            then call trace leave on the focused object
                            then reset the focused object
                            and finally hide the trace visualiser
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]94957[/ATTACH]

Lastly add these doOnce nodes to the motion controller detection
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]94958[/ATTACH]

If you want I just updated the gitHub master with the changes pretty much made for you
                            Am I the only one who is not able to see these attachments?

Comment

Originally posted by Tír na nÓg Games View Post
                              Am I the only one who is not able to see these attachments?
                              Weird, I think the forum deleted them, should be fixed now
                              UE4 VR Cookbook
                              VR Content Examples

Comment

Hey Mitch, thank you for this, it's really helpful. This probably has a simple answer, but I've been poring over the VR_Trace_Interaction example the past few days and I can't seem to work out how you have rendered the circle "crosshair" to the center of the viewport, can you please tell me how you've done that?

Comment

Working...
                                X