No announcement yet.

VR Content Examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This asset no longer developing, don't take a risk to build anything serious using old modules.

Comment

This is a very good resource for learning UE4 as well as VR!

I've got a problem I'm hoping has a simple solution. Here it is:

If i duplicate the whiteboard, and try to draw on one, the markings show up on both. If I duplicate/replace M_WhiteBoardClearMaterial, M_WhiteBoardMaterial and RT_WhiteBoradRenderTarget, the markings only show on the first board, but the second can't be drawn on at all. Any simple way to have multiple whiteboards that all work individually?
      I have the same exact problem, Any ideas on how to fix?

Comment

I have the same exact problem, Any ideas on how to fix?
        I'm not getting the whiteboard to work at all after updating the project to 4.20, so your problem would be a good one to have...

Have you managed to get it working in the latest version?

Comment

hello if someone can help me in the bp_interactivedoor if I change the mesh or scale does not do the proper rotation as I can fix it.

Comment

I found this project through a google search for a VR keyboard.. I wanted to test out the example, but the trace interaction map just seems broken. As soon as you start the level for about 1 second you can get a teleport marker on the floor and it then it just immediately disappears and you can't move around beyond that. I wanted to get a sense for exactly how this thing works.

Comment

Hi how can i use this for the oculus quest ? because when i try it there some of the refrences are gone. would appreciate any help thank you

Comment

Disclaimer: Sorry if my writing is not clear, I am a bit hungover because of the holidays, I will come back to this and make it clearer.

Hello there! For anyone that is using this and doesn't know where to start or anything I recommend the following.
                Get this book https://www.amazon.ca/Unreal-Engine-.../dp/0134649176

Yes, the book may be a bit old, but I find its contents still hold with the current version of the engine. (I am currently running 4.24).

The great thing about it is that it walks you through creating a VR project from scratch and it uses a similar approach to the TraceInteraction Examples in the GitHub project which by the way can also be updated for 4.24 without many things breaking.

I suggest you don't try building the Github project as is, instead read the book and use the project as a reference for things the book does not explain or stuff you don't understand. Create your own project and see if you can move stuff from the Mitch's project into yours, that way you will have more control and more understanding of how everything works.

I like to think of the book as a companion guide to the VR Content Examples project that is on github. It was really helpful to me as I got an understanding on how to do things without much hassle.

As a final note, if you created a VR Template using Epics launcher, do not use any of their built in stuff, you will get confused and lost in weird details. Make a VR Ready project, but start from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                X