No announcement yet.

VR Content Examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having some issues with the cartridge example ( World interaction map ), and I'm not sure why it's happening.

If I just duplicate the Cartridge BP and put it into the level, I'm not able to snap it into the Cartridge holder, even if I set the ID as the existing cartridge in the level....virtually it's an exact copy of the existing BP, but one works without any issues, while the duplicate one doesn't.

I have 3 different pieces I want to use for 3 separate holders, but I'm not able to duplicate the existing BP and use it for my purpouse.

Am I missing something somewhere?
    ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Originally posted by Enter Reality View Post
      I'm having some issues with the cartridge example ( World interaction map ), and I'm not sure why it's happening.

If I just duplicate the Cartridge BP and put it into the level, I'm not able to snap it into the Cartridge holder, even if I set the ID as the existing cartridge in the level....virtually it's an exact copy of the existing BP, but one works without any issues, while the duplicate one doesn't.

I have 3 different pieces I want to use for 3 separate holders, but I'm not able to duplicate the existing BP and use it for my purpouse.

Am I missing something somewhere?
      The Cartridge holder only works with the Cartridge BP at the moment because it has an explicit cast to the Cartridge BP so it can get its details, saying this if you wish to create a new blueprint that works with the holder just make sure it is a child of the Cartridge BP
      Last edited by mitchemmc; 04-09-2017, 01:49 AM.
      UE4 VR Cookbook
      Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
      VR Content Examples

Comment

This is a very good resource for learning UE4 as well as VR!

I've got a problem I'm hoping has a simple solution. Here it is:

If i duplicate the whiteboard, and try to draw on one, the markings show up on both. If I duplicate/replace M_WhiteBoardClearMaterial, M_WhiteBoardMaterial and RT_WhiteBoradRenderTarget, the markings only show on the first board, but the second can't be drawn on at all. Any simple way to have multiple whiteboards that all work individually?

Comment

Hey Mitch! I'm trying to make a simple box/chest that i want to open just like in real life. I´ve tried using the door-template and just rotate it to look like the top of the chest. The problem though is that the door is programmed to not be affected by gravity, and obviously the top of the chest needs to be affected by gravity if you just open it and release midway.

I´ve tried programming the effect of gravity (cant simply just use the gravity in the physics settings, because it's not a physics object, but i havent managed to make it work 100% smooth, (it works soso, hard part is to make the top fall backwards or forwards smoothly when around 90 degrees).

Do you have any directions of how to modify your code to enable a chest like this? Thank you for a great VR-template!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SZbqj7R.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1126352

Comment

Hey, what is actual reason or benifits to use this unofficial content instead of official? Is anything is better here? Like moving area setting up?

Comment

hi how would I set it up so instead of putting text into the webpage I could just use the keyboard for the user to enter there name?

Comment

Great template and book. Lots of great info. Thanks.
                I'm new to blueprints and am trying to use some of your examples in a project based on UE4's VR Template with the robot hands as controllers. Is it just a matter of replacing the references to BPC Interactors with UE4's BP_MotionControllers? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Ordered the book (paperback). Now wondering if there is a digital complimentary version that will be kept up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by MagusShade View Post
                    This is a very good resource for learning UE4 as well as VR!

I've got a problem I'm hoping has a simple solution. Here it is:

If i duplicate the whiteboard, and try to draw on one, the markings show up on both. If I duplicate/replace M_WhiteBoardClearMaterial, M_WhiteBoardMaterial and RT_WhiteBoradRenderTarget, the markings only show on the first board, but the second can't be drawn on at all. Any simple way to have multiple whiteboards that all work individually?
                    Hmm I believe it should work, I'll put it on my list of things to look at when I get some free time and update you when I do

Originally posted by Slemnils View Post
                    Hey Mitch! I'm trying to make a simple box/chest that i want to open just like in real life. I´ve tried using the door-template and just rotate it to look like the top of the chest. The problem though is that the door is programmed to not be affected by gravity, and obviously the top of the chest needs to be affected by gravity if you just open it and release midway.

I´ve tried programming the effect of gravity (cant simply just use the gravity in the physics settings, because it's not a physics object, but i havent managed to make it work 100% smooth, (it works soso, hard part is to make the top fall backwards or forwards smoothly when around 90 degrees).

Do you have any directions of how to modify your code to enable a chest like this? Thank you for a great VR-template!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136969[/ATTACH]
                    It should be similar to the door, I'm thinking of converting some of the world interaction stuff to using physical constraints just because it might be a little more expandable without having to do the physics code yourself, I'll put it on my todo list for things to look at for the examples

Originally posted by letsrock985 View Post
                    Hey, what is actual reason or benifits to use this unofficial content instead of official? Is anything is better here? Like moving area setting up?
                    I personally don't like how the official one is set up as it doesn't really allow expandability so it can bite you down the line when you want to do more then what it already offers.
                    I also don't think the idea of a VR template really makes sense (I've talked about why here), it does look pretty though, haha.
                    Saying that the Content Examples aren't perfect, it doesn't really support multiplayer (yet haha) and it's hard for me to dedicate my full attention to them as I have a pretty full schedule these days (although looking at the rate of updates to the official template it looks like that may true there as well) but the Content Examples are also open source so I'm pretty open to pull requests if there are any problems that people fix or features they add.

Originally posted by treborw View Post
                    hi how would I set it up so instead of putting text into the webpage I could just use the keyboard for the user to enter there name?
                    If it's a UMG widget then the keyboard should just work

Originally posted by bassai View Post
                    Great template and book. Lots of great info. Thanks.
                    I'm new to blueprints and am trying to use some of your examples in a project based on UE4's VR Template with the robot hands as controllers. Is it just a matter of replacing the references to BPC Interactors with UE4's BP_MotionControllers? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
                    The two projects aren't really compatible it would probably be best to just import the hand meshes into the Content Examples

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                    Ordered the book (paperback). Now wondering if there is a digital complimentary version that will be kept up to date.
                    Hey, sorry, I don't think my publish does this, but I'm definitely compiling any suggestions/changes to make into a 2nd edition down the line but if there are any problems feel free to message me and I'll have a look (I will most likely add any changes needed to the Wiki on the github so everyone can benefit)
                    UE4 VR Cookbook
                    VR Content Examples

Comment

Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
                      Hey, sorry, I don't think my publish does this, but I'm definitely compiling any suggestions/changes to make into a 2nd edition down the line but if there are any problems feel free to message me and I'll have a look (I will most likely add any changes needed to the Wiki on the github so everyone can benefit)
                      Ah, ok. I received the book btw. I like colored pics and the layout (only had a chance to skim through quickly)

I skimmed over the interactions, but I don't recall seeing if player can pull the lever "physically" (as in real life, where lever would rotate with the hand). Am I overlooking it or did this kind of stuff not make it into the book? (something tells me it's in the book and I just need to pay attention)

Also wondering if it would be hard to make all the stuff in the book support multiplayer.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                        Ah, ok. I received the book btw. I like colored pics and the layout (only had a chance to skim through quickly)

I skimmed over the interactions, but I don't recall seeing if player can pull the lever "physically" (as in real life, where lever would rotate with the hand). Am I overlooking it or did this kind of stuff not make it into the book? (something tells me it's in the book and I just need to pay attention)

Also wondering if it would be hard to make all the stuff in the book support multiplayer.

Thanks
                        Thanks,
                        Yep the lever can be pulled, source is available here if you just want to have a look https://github.com/mitchemmc/UE4VRCookbook

As for multiplayer it's all about replicating really, I didn't include it in the book as replicating motion controllers well really requires c++ and I wanted the book to be blueprint only. The IK stuff can be harder to replicate but as long as the motion controllers and HMD are replicating properly not much work needs to be done
                        UE4 VR Cookbook
                        VR Content Examples

Comment

Converting mesh to teleport area

Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
                          Added in the latest commit, there's some new variables in the Teleport area Blueprint for whether you want to copy the data from a mesh and the mesh its self, just a note you'll need to make sure Allow CPU Access in enabled in the Static Mesh its self.

You can get it here: https://github.com/mitchemmc/VRConte...ive/master.zip
                          Hello Mitch ! Thx a lot ! Your work is amazing !

I have a noob question about : converting mesh to Teleport Area Blueprint.
                          You said "just a note you'll need to make sure allow CPU acces in enabled in the static mesh its self" but I don't understand what is it ? and where I can find it ?
                          In your example project if I create a new "teleport area" and I put "SM_DemoRoomL" in the slot "mesh to copy" : that's working.
                          But with other object that doesn't work. I don't understand what is different between this two objects ?

Sorry for my bad english
                          Thanks a lot Mitch ! and all the community too

Edit: sorry for the useless post ! I find by myself.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ALLOW CPU ACCESS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	475.3 KB
ID:	1127370
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Nagual13; 05-06-2017, 04:54 AM.
                          Brice Forton // Founder of ArchiReality // France
                          We make VR for archviz

Comment

Originally posted by Nagual13 View Post
                            Hello Mitch ! Thx a lot ! Your work is amazing !

I have a noob question about : converting mesh to Teleport Area Blueprint.
                            You said "just a note you'll need to make sure allow CPU acces in enabled in the static mesh its self" but I don't understand what is it ? and where I can find it ?
                            In your example project if I create a new "teleport area" and I put "SM_DemoRoomL" in the slot "mesh to copy" : that's working.
                            But with other object that doesn't work. I don't understand what is different between this two objects ?

Sorry for my bad english
                            Thanks a lot Mitch ! and all the community too

Edit: sorry for the useless post ! I find by myself.
                            Sorry for the late reply, glad you found it
                            UE4 VR Cookbook
                            VR Content Examples

Comment

I'm learning a ton looking through your methods. Thank you for being such a generous member of the community!

I am confused by something though. I thought I'd start by deconstructing how you're getting the virtual keyboard to interact with the web browser - but I can't see how the data is getting to the web browser. There's no interface on the web browser actor, and no blueprint. I see that the keyboard widget sends chars (and shift/backspace etc), but how is the web browser receiving it? I thought it perhaps the browser was assigned to the OtherWidgetInteractor component in keyboard actor, but I don't where it that variable is set other than in the TraceDown function.

What am I missing?
                              Last edited by Alwaysusa; 06-01-2017, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Hello [MENTION=12245]mitchemmc[/MENTION] , and thanks for the nice template!

I'm trying to recreate your BP_WorldInteractionPawn in default motioncontroller blueprint from unreal. It detects my grab sphere but I cant still open the door when I press the grip or trigger. I'm using all needed blueprints just want to replace world interaction pawn with default one. Is it possible to do this ?

Update!

I just delete all node comment sections in BP_motioncontroller and left world interactor pickup nodes and Setup World Interactor nodes in, but unfortunately I still cant grab a door or a level.
                                Last edited by MosPetrov; 06-09-2017, 04:36 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...
                                X