No announcement yet.

VR Content Examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The error I get is this, I think I understand the error but I don't know how to solve it...

Code:
    PIE:Error: Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property Interactor from function: 'ValidWidgetInteractor' from node: Return Node in graph: ValidWidgetInteractor in object: BP_KeyboardActor with description: Accessed None trying to read property Interactor
    Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Juangea View Post
      I'm using the Webbrowser and the keyboard in a new scene and I cannot get the keyboard to enter any text in the web browser, when I click in a text field of the browser it gets activated, but as soon as I press a key, the broser is deactivated and the keys has no effect in the browser.

How can I do those two to interact in a new scene? Am I missing some configuration?

Cheers.

EDIT1:
      BTW I'm trying this in my own PAWN in my own project, so maybe I'm missing something in the PAWN?

Cheers!
      Nah, there is no way, I cannot get the keyboard to work with my pawn and my webbrowser, the keyboard works, but I cannot communicate it with the browser.

Help please, I'm kind of desperate here...

Cheers.
      The error I get is this, I think I understand the error but I don't know how to solve it...

Code:
      PIE:Error: Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property Interactor from function: 'ValidWidgetInteractor' from node: Return Node in graph: ValidWidgetInteractor in object: BP_KeyboardActor with description: Accessed None trying to read property Interactor
      Cheers.
      I'm not too sure, because technically there is no way you should be able to get that error, because the whole point of that function is to check for None, so to give an error of accessed None is a bit silly.
      Only thing I can think of is did you call the Setup function on the trace interactor?
      UE4 VR Cookbook
      Mitch's VR Lab tutorial series
      VR Content Examples

Comment

Yes, I call it, but to call it I have to do it inside the PAWN wich does not have the motion controllers since it´s the VR Template Pawn, in any case I can setup it because I have the reference to the MotionControllers, find attached the picture of the Pawn with the setup and a picture with my Motion Controller BP.
        I can´t get it to work no matter what I do :S

Click image for larger version

Name:	setup_interactor.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1120316

Name:	motioncontroller_BP.JPG
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	1120317

Thanks for your help!

Cheers.
        Last edited by Juangea; 12-21-2016, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Hey Mitch, excellent work on the stuff contained in here, its given me a great kick start to making a game.

I was wondering if you have any thoughts of adding a system where you can grab items with two hands, like large guns, or melee weapons for example? Or indeed what any plans are going forward!
          Last edited by GruntosUK; 12-20-2016, 09:05 AM.
          Level Designer: Available for work if needed.

http://www.grantegglestone.com

Comment

Yes, I call it, but to call it I have to do it inside the PAWN wich does not have the motion controllers since it´s the VR Template Pawn, in any case I can setup it because I have the reference to the MotionControllers, find attached the picture of the Pawn with the setup and a picture with my Motion Controller BP.
            I canñt get it to work no matter what I do :S

Thanks for your help!

Cheers.
            I tested it and was able to get it integrated into the VR Template, are you calling the activate down/up functions for the trace interactors from the Pawn? it might help to add in a trace visualiser to see what may be the problem
            UE4 VR Cookbook
            VR Content Examples

Comment

Hi Mitch.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I do, check the attached picture here.

Name:	call_event_up_down.JPG
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	1120378

Could you outline what do you do to integrate this into a clean project with the VR Template? I don´t mean a full tutoria, just a brief descriptions of actions to take, so we can check if we did everything that is required, because I think it should be working, I cannot think of anything more to do to make it work.

Thanks and cheers!

Comment

Hi Mitch.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I do, check the attached picture here.

Could you outline what do you do to integrate this into a clean project with the VR Template? I don´t mean a full tutoria, just a brief descriptions of actions to take, so we can check if we did everything that is required, because I think it should be working, I cannot think of anything more to do to make it work.

Thanks and cheers!
                Here's the project https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...lFoQ1V1M0F3eTA
                UE4 VR Cookbook
                VR Content Examples

Comment

Thank you very much, checking it right away

Comment

FINALLY!!!!

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

I think I identified the problem, and I think I read about it somewhere, but as always with something like this, I forgot it or somethign similar... I think the problem is that I wasn´t activating the "Interaction Source" as "Custom" in the WidgetInteraction component, now all is working, thanks again!
                    To illustrate what I mean I´ve attached a picture of it.

Name:	problem.jpg
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1120424

And I want that book ASAP!!! Please tell your editor to release a version before christmas!!! hehehe

Cheers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post
                      VR Content Examples

Hey people, Mitch here
                      I've been doing my tutorial series for a few months now and I have a cool project that I would like to share with everyone.

The idea behind this is a community project that shows how to accomplish cool things in VR for UE4. It is meant to be headset agnostic and I would like to also have specific levels for the quirks for all headsets.

Checkout the gitHub for more information on the functionality currently implemented https://github.com/mitchemmc/VRContentExamples

If gitHub isn't your thing I also did a video covering the initial functionality on my youtube channel

and here's an update with the new World Interaction level

As always any feedback is welcome so please feel free to email me at mitchsvrlab@gmail.com

The project will remain free for the foreseeable future if you feel like supporting me feel free to donate.
                      -----Donate-----
                      This is really amazing...
                      Hussain Ali Shah
                      A n d r o i d K n i g h t

Comment

I can already tell you this example will save my soul! My brother and I are making a game that relies on pretty much everything you covered here. Thanks to your repo we won't be confused about how to do what we need to do. Much as they try, docs don't cover everything. Because of your awesome contribution we may do the same thing with our code.

Comment

Hey Mitch do you have any plans for adding a climbing system like they use in climbey? http://store.steampowered.com/app/520010/

Comment

Originally posted by Tír na nÓg Games View Post
                            Hey Mitch do you have any plans for adding a climbing system like they use in climbey? http://store.steampowered.com/app/520010/
                            There is already a climbing system available in the community assets. But climbing without seeing your surroundings, VR no AR is quite dangerous. Have you played the above mentioned game yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by rrstuv View Post
                              There is already a climbing system available in the community assets. But climbing without seeing your surroundings, VR no AR is quite dangerous. Have you played the above mentioned game yourself?
                              Which community assets? Can you post a link to this climbing system?

Comment

Hi, just wanted to say thank you for the project, it’s definitely helpful to see how you tackled the interactions.

Comment

Working...
                                X