X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seene89 View Post
    so, there is no solution for Valve Index Controller yet? :-(
    Buddy, Epic forgot about this feature 4 years ago, and you should, too.

Comment

here's to hoping commenting on this thread will mean it gets an update and added features like being able to edit blueprints directly in vr similar how you build in the level

Comment

Originally posted by Dansiff View Post
        here's to hoping commenting on this thread will mean it gets an update and added features like being able to edit blueprints directly in vr similar how you build in the level
        That would be pretty amazing. On a side note: has Epic ever talked publicly about giving up on the VR editor?

Comment

Originally posted by lapbar View Post

That would be pretty amazing. On a side note: has Epic ever talked publicly about giving up on the VR editor?
          They've never even talked publicly ABOUT the VR Editor LOL :`| I have used it since day one. Just like Epic to create something that takes 90% of the time out of level creation, then cripple it by quitting halfway. I asked in version 4.21 for the ability to simply Translate Vertices on a Spline (what better place to place and shape Rivers etc. than in VR?) They said it would be in 4.22. Nope! Not in 4.22, or 4.23 or 4.24 or 4.25 or even 4.26!!! All they have done since (in 4.25 and 4.26) is break the Undo button of the VR editor,. This is the most powerful in the industry and I feel like I am one of only 10 people that know about it!

Comment

Originally posted by NextWorldVR View Post

They've never even talked publicly ABOUT the VR Editor LOL :`| I have used it since day one. Just like Epic to create something that takes 90% of the time out of level creation, then cripple it by quitting halfway. I asked in version 4.21 for the ability to simply Translate Vertices on a Spline (what better place to place and shape Rivers etc. than in VR?) They said it would be in 4.22. Nope! Not in 4.22, or 4.23 or 4.24 or 4.25 or even 4.26!!! All they have done since (in 4.25 and 4.26) is break the Undo button of the VR editor,. This is the most powerful in the industry and I feel like I am one of only 10 people that know about it!
            Exactly. It was so close to being a perfect level blocking tool! I still do layout in VR but not in unreal engine anymore.

Comment

I am able to get windows mixed reality to work however I have to make custom controller inputs in steam stettings

When making a new project it seems there is no way to use those settings again.

does anybody know a way to make it so when you have a new project you don't have to controller settings again?
              Last edited by rich0550; 12-13-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Windows Mixed Reality Plugin now disables VR Mode ( aka VR Editor)

Comment

Hey everyone!

Building a set in Unreal for VR. As soon as I switch to Vr view, there is a crash. What does following mean:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRDGBuilder::Execute() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderGraphBuilder.cpp:1287]
                  UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\DeferredShadingRenderer.cpp:2624]
                  UE4Editor_Renderer!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\SceneRendering.cpp:3600]
                  UE4Editor_Renderer!<lambda_98e5bccbef990afae09bf303afae0c23>:perator()() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\SceneRendering.cpp:3870]
                  UE4Editor_Renderer!TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`35'::FDrawSceneCommandName,<lambda_98e5bccbef990afae09bf303afae0c23> >:oTask() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Public\RenderingThread.h:183]
                  UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`35'::FDrawSceneCommandName,<lambda_98e5bccbef990afae09bf303afae0c23> > >::ExecuteTask() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:886]
                  UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:709]
                  UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:601]
                  UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:373]
                  UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:509]
                  UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:86]

Anybody can help me interpret where the error is?

Comment

Working...
                  X