virtual mouse control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

virtual mouse control

hi everyone. I would like to use my mouse in rift for 3d widget. I tried but I couldnt do it. Do you have any idea for implement mouse?

like that

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oculus_Config_Demo_Sceen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1169620

At the moment 3d umg widgets don't support non-standard inputs out of the box. I've been able to hack around this by using something similar to the answer given here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...or-3d-umg.html
    Plugins: GES - Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo

Comment

I've been working on a virtual cursor thats essentially just a top layer of my UMG widget that moves the image of a cursor around the widget based on mouse and gamepad input. For interaction, I have it check X/Y position to simulate hover over events and click events. I still have some more work to do but the results have been pretty good so far.
      Klepto - Burglary Simulator

Comment

I finally have our virtual cursor setup. I based a lot of it off of Rudy Triplett's advice HERE.

Comment

I took a different route to 3D VR gaze input: I implemented basic gaze-to-actor-with-widget-component and widget-cursor-display in Blueprint, then made a GazeInput plugin using code adapted from SlateApplication's input processing code. This way the gaze input works with all widgets as-is without the need to add new detection geometry or create new widget types.

I hope to clean it up and release the plugin and instructions in future, unless Epic beats me and releases similar functionality themselves.
          Descent: Underground |

Comment

Originally posted by Stormwind View Post
            I took a different route to 3D VR gaze input: I implemented basic gaze-to-actor-with-widget-component and widget-cursor-display in Blueprint, then made a GazeInput plugin using code adapted from SlateApplication's input processing code. This way the gaze input works with all widgets as-is without the need to add new detection geometry or create new widget types.

I hope to clean it up and release the plugin and instructions in future, unless Epic beats me and releases similar functionality themselves.
            Nice! I doubt Epic will beat you to it

Comment

Nice solution for mouse. But for leap motion not good actually.

Comment

Originally posted by NobleSpoon View Post
                I finally have our virtual cursor setup. I based a lot of it off of Rudy Triplett's advice HERE.

How did you handle the overlap/hit testing against the virtual cursor's position? I tried doing this but immediately ran into the issue that only widgets contained in a root-level CanvasPanel report their correct position, otherwise they give back a position relative to their parent which breaks the hit testing entirely.

[MENTION=39121]Stormwind[/MENTION] - Any news on your plugin? I'd love to get a crack at it, even if it's in a not-so-clean state.
                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Id LOVE something like this plugin as well. Just started working on VR with motion controls
                  Outer Planet Studios
                  http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

I just wanted to share a quick update on our virtual cursor for Klepto. We now have Vive motion control support integrated into it!

Comment

Another option for a mouse using your actual mouse is to do a trace for hit under the cursor, then translate that to world space, and update the location of an image in game.

In my game i detect if there is a motion controller, if there is i use that for the cursor, if there is not, i use the mouse, or the HMD.

Something like this for the mouse function, because you are moving your actual mouse you don't need anything else:

Click image for larger version

Name:	meices.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	1109108
                      Outer Planet Studios
                      http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

Working...
                      X