Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SteamVR Motion Controller Input

Hey,

I'm having a really hard time getting the buttons/pads on the SteamVR controllers to work with Unreal. The triggers seem to work fine, and Unreal responds to touching the trackpads. However that response is entirely binary - its either on or off. Is there some secret way to get the other buttons to work? I've not found anything through Google beyond some old posts about pre-4.8 issues with multiple controllers.

Anyone? 10char

Comment

New Year bump.

Comment

Not a lot of us VR developers have Vive/Steam VR Motion Controllers, so direct epic feedback would be your best bet. Try asking the question on answerhub
        Plugins: GES - Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo

Comment

Originally posted by getnamo View Post
          Not a lot of us VR developers have Vive/Steam VR Motion Controllers, so direct epic feedback would be your best bet. Try asking the question on answerhub
          Fair enough. I figured the control schema was the same for the normal Steam controller as with the VR controllers. I'll give AnswerHub a try. \

Thanks.

Comment

I don't check here too often so didn't see this. We do a lot with Vive. We just use the action mapping system. It is a bit weird to know which input to bind but we have found you use the "GamePad\MotionController" inputs.

They seem to work fine for us.

Comment

Working...
            X