Having trouble building my project for Gear VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GEAR VR] Having trouble building my project for Gear VR

I've managed to compile an app on the template project that works fine but in my own project it fails.

is it because of the size?

This hasn't been optimized for VR yet, it was mainly to see if it would compile. It will compile if I don't include the OBB file in the APK, but then when I run it in the Gear VR it shows me the download screen. If I do include the obb in the APK I get the following.

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): -package-resources:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): [aapt] Creating full resource package...
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): [aapt] Unable to add 'C:\Users\imsop\Documents\Unreal Projects\Apartment 4.10\Intermediate\Android\APK\assets\oculussig_02157df2bbd0991b': Zip add failed (-2147483648)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): [aapt] ERROR: unable to process assets while packaging 'C:\Users\imsop\Documents\Unreal Projects\Apartment 4.10\Intermediate\Android\APK\bin\Apartment.ap_'
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): [aapt] ERROR: packaging of 'C:\Users\imsop\Documents\Unreal Projects\Apartment 4.10\Intermediate\Android\APK\bin\Apartment.ap_' failed
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): BUILD FAILED
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:932: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:950: null returned: 1
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Total time: 27 seconds
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "C:/NVPACK/apache-ant-1.8.2/bin/ant.bat" debug
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Stacktrace: at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.RunCommandLineProgramAndThrowOnError(String WorkingDirectory, String Command, String Params, String OverrideDesc, Boolean bUseShellExecute)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.MakeApk(String ProjectName, String ProjectDirectory, String OutputPath, String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, String CookFlavor, Boolean bMakeSeparateApks, Boolean bIncrementalPackage, Boolean bDisallowPackagingDataInApk)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.PrepForUATPackageOrDeploy(String ProjectName, String ProjectDirectory, String ExecutablePath, String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, String CookFlavor, Boolean bIsDataDeploy)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at AndroidPlatform.Package(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC, Int32 WorkingCL)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at Project.Package(ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at BuildCookRun.DoBu
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at BuildCommand.Execute()
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_Unknown
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Domain_ProcessExit
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): copying UAT log files...
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): BUILD FAILED

It does look like the data is too big to package in the APK (the ZIP failure). What size is the OBB if you don't select to package in APK?

Did you maybe include all the starter content in your own project? This will greatly increase the size; you should be able to cut this down greatly.

Comment

I have a similar problem to this. Attempting to build for an S6 Edge on the Gear VR. I have no clue about coding or the like and no idea where to start looking for help.

Comment

Working...
      X