No announcement yet.

Motion controller vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone gotten the haptics on the Pre working on UE 4.11 (I am running 4.11 preview 7)? Calling force feedback crashes the engine and using play haptics effect node in BP does nothing? Would implement my own blueprint library to do this but I do not know how much I can do on a binary version of the engine in this regard.

Comment

I've got force feedback working on 4.11v7 using blueprints.

I'm only using it for occasional dynamic pops and clicks, it was crashing during longer feedback periods.

I use the dynamic force feedback node.

Make sure you enable Left or Right Large actuators.
      I'm using unreals and vives to make fantastic experiences in VR - http://youtube.com/puzzabug

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Eckhardt View Post
        I've got force feedback working on 4.11v7 using blueprints.

I'm only using it for occasional dynamic pops and clicks, it was crashing during longer feedback periods.

I use the dynamic force feedback node.

Make sure you enable Left or Right Large actuators.
        Are you using the latest version of SteamVR? What is the timing of that then I am still getting crashes when using 0.015 seconds?

Also tested 4.10.4 now, no crash but I could not really go back to 4.10 due to the performance and other enhancements made :/

Downloaded editor symbols to see if it helps with debugging, now got an actual call stack:

Code:
        Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_SteamController!FSteamController::UpdateVibration()
        UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::SetForceFeedbackChannelValues() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1835]
        UE4Editor_Engine!APlayerController::ProcessForceFeedbackAndHaptics() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\playercontroller.cpp:3657]
        UE4Editor_Engine!APlayerController::TickPlayerInput() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\playercontroller.cpp:3878]
        UE4Editor_Engine!APlayerController::PlayerTick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\playercontroller.cpp:1980]
        UE4Editor_Engine!APlayerController::TickActor() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\playercontroller.cpp:3954]
        UE4Editor_Engine!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:110]
        UE4Editor_Engine!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:228]
        UE4Editor_Engine!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:886]
        UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:779]
        UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:526]
        UE4Editor_Core!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:1534]
        UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:486]
        UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:1373]
        UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:702]
        UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1187]
        UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1356]
        UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:370]
        UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2640]
        UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
        UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
        UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
        UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
        kernel32
        ntdll

FIX: Edited enabled plugins and this fixed the crashing: disabled Steam controller(not enabled by default), Oculus input and a whole bunch of other things.
        Last edited by AtsK; 03-17-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Has this actually fixed it?

I'm in steamVR beta, so it's updating a lot.

I haven't touched the plugins.
          I'm using unreals and vives to make fantastic experiences in VR - http://youtube.com/puzzabug

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Eckhardt View Post
            Has this actually fixed it?

I'm in steamVR beta, so it's updating a lot.

I haven't touched the plugins.
            I still get random editor quits (vr pie freezes). Don't know if it is an actial crash as there is no usual editor has crashed, send us infos window. Maybe it is something on steamvrs end as it looks similar to the situation when you close the steamvr server (if you are using it)

The length of the vibration does not seem to be at fault at my end (I tested this by mapping vibration to triggers and i could hold them down for as long as I wanted without problems). I think it might have something to do with the don't trigger haptic feedback twice in 5ms thing, but as I have only started playing around with the Pre, haven't gotten round to testing it properly/digging through stramvr logs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesvi View Post
              I have solved the problem. Thank you all !

For quick solving I post here the process

1. Create a force feedback effect file: in the content browser->RightClick->Miscellaneous->Force Feedback Effect
              2. Edit the force feedback effect curve and select what hands do you want to affect.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]68289[/ATTACH]
              3. Simple blueprint to activate force feedback on object hit or overlap:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]68290[/ATTACH]
              Thank you! Holy heck it took a while of digging to finaly find a straight forwards answer on this.
              Thank you very much ^_^
              Lenny Gordon
              lenny@hammer-on.com
              http://www.hammer-on.com

Comment

THANK YOU,YOU ARE AMAZING!That whats i need !

1. Create a force feedback effect file: in the content browser->RightClick->Miscellaneous->Force Feedback Effect
                2. Edit the force feedback effect curve and select what hands do you want to affect.
                Cool thank you!

Comment

Hey, I am a little confused on where to put this, in my motion controller BP event graph? And before that I do need to add a box collider around it, right?

Comment

Working...
                  X