Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GEAR VR] [4.10] Unable to package project for Anroid on OSX

Hi all.

While packaging my project for GearVr with Shipping config, i am getting this error.
    Can anyone point out what's wrong in here??
    M getting apache ant - quiet release.
    What does that mean?? I made a build for Development & it ran fine!!
    Any clues on this!!

BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: /bin/sh failed with args -c '"/Users/ghostfish/NVPACK/apache-ant-1.8.2/bin/ant" -quiet release'
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Stacktrace: at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.RunCommandLineProgramAndThrowOnError (System.String WorkingDirectory, System.String Command, System.String Params, System.String OverrideDesc, Boolean bUseShellExecute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.MakeApk (System.String ProjectName, System.String ProjectDirectory, System.String OutputPath, System.String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, System.String CookFlavor, Boolean bMakeSeparateApks, Boolean bIncrementalPackage, Boolean bDisallowPackagingDataInApk) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.PrepForUATPackageOrDeploy (System.String ProjectName, System.String ProjectDirectory, System.String ExecutablePath, System.String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, System.String CookFlavor, Boolean bIsData
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Deploy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): at AndroidPlatform.Package (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC, Int32 WorkingCL) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): at Project.Package (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): at BuildCommand.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_Unknown
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Domain_ProcessExit
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
    Last edited by kinzua01; 11-18-2015, 11:17 AM. Reason: Mismatched info post

Originally posted by kinzua01 View Post
    I am trying to package my project for 4.10, but its not happening?
    Was wondering if the project files have corrupted.

Then i tried to package a sample vehicle project.
    The packaging did take place for iOS, but not for Android.

This is weird, since i could easily package projects in 4.9.
    I also don't get anything in the output log or any message?
    Can anybody suggest/ point out on what should i do at this point of time??
    is there something that has changed in 4.10 for packaging for android??
    Are you using Android Works or TDAP? In 4.9 we upgraded the Android packaging tools to use Android works instead of TDAP. If you have TDAP installed, uninstall it and then install Android Works which can be found in the following location.

4.10\Engine\Extras\AndroidWorks\Win64

Comment

Also this is what i get in the end. The most painful of all messages

PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error

Comment

Hi Sam,

I edited my post.
        There was some wrong entry in there.

Comment

Also including output log message, previous to the above listed message.

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): [proguard] You should check if you need to specify additional program jars.
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): [proguard] Warning: can't write resource [META-INF/MANIFEST.MF] (Duplicate zip entry [classes.jar:META-INF/MANIFEST.MF])
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): [proguard] Warning: can't write resource [META-INF/MANIFEST.MF] (Duplicate zip entry [classes.jar:META-INF/MANIFEST.MF])
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): [proguard] Warning: can't write resource [META-INF/MANIFEST.MF] (Duplicate zip entry [vrplatlib.jar:META-INF/MANIFEST.MF])
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): [proguard] Warning: can't write resource [META-INF/MANIFEST.MF] (Duplicate zip entry [VrApi.jar:META-INF/MANIFEST.MF])
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): [proguard] Warning: can't write resource [META-INF/MANIFEST.MF] (Duplicate zip entry [android-support-v4.jar:META-INF/MANIFEST.MF])
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): BUILD FAILED
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): /Users/ghostfish/NVPACK/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:1139: The following error occurred while executing this line:
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): /Users/ghostfish/NVPACK/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:1151: /Volumes/Storage/Unreal Projects/Birdie_Hunt/Intermediate/Android/APK/*****_key.keystore (No such file or directory)
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Total time: 38 seconds
          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED

Comment

Ok. Found the issue.
            Hadn't placed the keystore file in the designated folders.
            Apologies for the trouble.

Comment

Before we close this thread, i've run into a weird issue.
              After uploading my build to Oculus, it says

The package name does not match from the previous build.
              Also, the package name must change.
              How to edit the package name now.
              I change the project name to previous build.
              Also ensured, every meta info is same as the previous build.

What does Package Name mean?
              And how can one edit it?

Comment

Okay.

I seemed to have confused package name for 'bundle identifier'.

Comment

Can someone suggest, on how to ensure that your Shipping, 'For Distribution' app, will run on the end on the end device?

I am asking this because in my settings, i tick marked 'removed oculus signature from apk'.
                  After this when i tried to run the app on my device, it straightaway went to the Oculus Gear VR Service app.
                  From there, on trying to run it, it gave me a prompt to put the phone inside the GearVR.

On doing so, i was straightaway lead to the Oculus environment, where i could not find my game.
                  Does someone know, any way to test the Shipping build on your device? M using 4.10.

Comment

Can someone suggest, on how to ensure that your Shipping, 'For Distribution' app, will run on the end on the end device?

I am asking this because in my settings, i tick marked 'removed oculus signature from apk'.
                    After this when i tried to run the app on my device, it straightaway went to the Oculus Gear VR Service app.
                    From there, on trying to run it, it gave me a prompt to put the phone inside the GearVR.

On doing so, i was straightaway lead to the Oculus environment, where i could not find my game.
                    Does someone know, any way to test the Shipping build on your device? M using 4.10.

First of all don't tick 'removed oculus signature from apk' as then you won't be able to test at all! Also Oculus only recommends you do that in your final build, you don't have to

Export with "for distribution" ticked and then the tricky part - since Oculus does not want you to launch the app via the normal phone launcher and your app does not exist in the store the only way to run it is via the 'activity' - ie: manually create a launcher shortcut for you app. This is done with: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...shortcut&hl=en

Install it run and then search for your app - after selecting it you can then select "Try" or "Create shortcut" then it runs your app like normal / creates a shortcut on your homescreen and will ask you to insert your gearvr (don't insert if you don't see that message )
                    Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Ok. Found the issue.
                      Hadn't placed the keystore file in the designated folders.
                      Apologies for the trouble.
                      Hi kinzua!
                      I had a same problem like this in 4.11.2,could you please give more details about how to place the keystore file in the designated folders?
                      I'm really wonder where i can find the keystore file and desigated folders like you said...

thanks a lot~

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorTechnology View Post
                        Hi kinzua!
                        I had a same problem like this in 4.11.2,could you please give more details about how to place the keystore file in the designated folders?
                        I'm really wonder where i can find the keystore file and desigated folders like you said...

thanks a lot~
                        If you mean the Oculus signature file
                        It needs to go in <YourUnrealEngineFolder>/Engine/Build/Android/Java/assets (create the folder if it does not exist)
                        Follow this tutorial if you still have issues (I timecoded it so you jump straight into the part where he places the signature file) https://youtu.be/PXGe-O_PWVI?t=4m5s

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunchaser View Post
                          If you mean the Oculus signature file
                          It needs to go in <YourUnrealEngineFolder>/Engine/Build/Android/Java/assets (create the folder if it does not exist)
                          Follow this tutorial if you still have issues (I timecoded it so you jump straight into the part where he places the signature file) https://youtu.be/PXGe-O_PWVI?t=4m5s

Hope this helps.
                          Hi,thanks for your reply.
                          But...once i enable the chack box of "for Distribution",the packaging of my app will fail...and the log shows

MainFrameActions: (Android (ASTC)): [apkbuilder] Creating CubeRun-release-unsigned.apk for release...
                          MainFrameActions: packaging (Android (ASTC)): -post-package:
                          MainFrameActions: packaging (Android (ASTC)): -release-prompt-for-password:
                          MainFrameActions: packaging (Android (ASTC)): -release-nosign:
                          MainFrameActions: packaging (Android (ASTC)): -release-sign:
                          MainFrameActions: packaging (Android (ASTC)): [echo] Signing final apk...
                          MainFrameActions: packaging (Android (ASTC)): BUILD FAILED
                          MainFrameActions: packaging (Android (ASTC)): E:\AndroidWorks\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:1135: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                          MainFrameActions: packaging (Android (ASTC)): E:\AndroidWorks\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:1147: E:\cuberun\CubeRun\CubeRun_4.11.2\Intermediate\Android\APK\mirrorkeyvr

and it BUILD FAILED with Unknow Error...
                          so i guess the issue is "Signing final apk",maybe there is something wrong in my signing part...
                          I'm not sure this is the same problem in your project

Comment

Working...
                          X