Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packaged Game Lower Performance Than Preview (Oculus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packaged Game Lower Performance Than Preview (Oculus)

I've browsed through the forums for this and can't seem to find a straight forward answer. When I preview my game in the editor Oculus runs perfect, 75 fps and no jitters. When I package it (windows-64) it is really jittery and I'm getting what looks like black screen tears in the corner. I've tried optimizing by disabling most of the post-process effects with no luck. Is there a setting I'm missing on the export?

check the difference in screenpercentage between the two.
    VR preview defaults to an SP of 100 unless you manually change it.
    Where as a build defaults to an SP of 135.

Comment

I'm getting a similar issue. My packaged game runs at the same FPS but it looks much worse. Things in the distance are very blurry. Do the scalability settings you set in the editor not transfer to the build? How do we get the same look we have in the preview that we have in the build?
      Upon looking at the packaged product more...the animations are all wavy. When characters move around they blur the background behind them or something. this is pretty weird.
      Last edited by jeremycouillard; 10-26-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremycouillard View Post
        I'm getting a similar issue. My packaged game runs at the same FPS but it looks much worse. Things in the distance are very blurry. Do the scalability settings you set in the editor not transfer to the build? How do we get the same look we have in the preview that we have in the build?
        Upon looking at the packaged product more...the animations are all wavy. When characters move around they blur the background behind them or something. this is pretty weird.
        Scalability settings in the editor are purely for the editor(im not even sure they apply to vr preview).
        You need to either change the settings in the ini files or set them manually using BP "execute console command".

Comment

Originally posted by Opamp77 View Post
          Scalability settings in the editor are purely for the editor(im not even sure they apply to vr preview).
          You need to either change the settings in the ini files or set them manually using BP "execute console command".
          Can someone point me in the right direction with an example of this? I'm pretty new to BP and have really only used it for creating character controls at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by afrench View Post
            Can someone point me in the right direction with an example of this? I'm pretty new to BP and have really only used it for creating character controls at this point.
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...nreal-Engine-4
            scroll down to the post by sharpfish.

also read https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...nce/index.html

plus this post has a list of oculus related console commands.
            https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?t=25215
            Last edited by Opamp77; 10-27-2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Dang...so every time i want to see what my game actually looks like I have to package it? Is there any workflow to make this easier? I actually do have what I thought was my scalability editor settings also in the BP as console commands...but it still looks so bad. Does the editor scalability settings override those BP commands in preview?
              Also - when I package the game...before I go into full screen mode it looks great. When I go into full screen and the game goes into the oculus...it looks totally different. Are there some defaults that I'm not tweaking maybe?
              Last edited by jeremycouillard; 10-28-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremycouillard View Post
                Dang...so every time i want to see what my game actually looks like I have to package it?
                No, I believe VR preview actually saves any settings you change by manually typing in the console while in vr preview.
                For example while in vr preview bring up the console and change a scalability setting i.e "sg.antialisingquality 0".
                exit vr preview.
                start vr preview.
                bring the console and check the current state of the setting i.e "sg.antialisingquality".
                the setting should be the same.
                close and restart the project, vr preview and check the setting again. It should be the same(assuming your not changing the setting within a blueprint/code).
                This also applys to screenpercentage.

What I tend to do is get the settings where I want them in vr preview using the console. And when im ready to package make sure I apply the same settings within a blueprint.
                Last edited by Opamp77; 10-29-2015, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X