Vive performance way lower then DK2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickZucc View Post
    I am currently running into this problem, I just received the consumer version of the VIVE and I am using UE4.11. The performance between the Oculus DK2 and the VIVE are way off. (At least 75 FPS on the DK2 and about 44 on the VIVE.) We also have an Nvidia 980Ti card. For what ever reason I can not see the VIVE in the windows area to change display resolution. I only see one monitor at all times, even when running my UE4 game in VR mode. If any was encountering a similar situation and found a solution I would be most grateful if you could share what it takes to fix the problem. Thanks in advance! NickZ.

EDIT: I was able to take the VIVE out of direct mode, then I could shift the display in the windows area to change screen resolution, but when I played int UE4 the frame rate was not better it was actually worse. (Frame rate showed that it was the same, but in the VIVE the frame stutter was horrible, way worse than the direct mode.)

I'm also getting bad frame rates.

Even downloading the steamvr template in this forum, 45 fps is all I'm getting. All our scenes ran at 75 fps on dk2, I get 45fps on the vive with them also

Comment

Originally posted by Imsopov View Post
      I'm also getting bad frame rates.

Even downloading the steamvr template in this forum, 45 fps is all I'm getting. All our scenes ran at 75 fps on dk2, I get 45fps on the vive with them also
      The Vive needs 90 fps. Once you are at 89 fps, the fps will be capped at 45 fps. So your 75 fps get capped at 45 fps. You can't disable that, you need to get above 90.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

re

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
        The Vive needs 90 fps. Once you are at 89 fps, the fps will be capped at 45 fps. So your 75 fps get capped at 45 fps. You can't disable that, you need to get above 90.
        how?i removed almost everything in my scene just left one directionlight and one floor mesh,still 45fps. unless i remove the directionlight now i got 90fps.but i need the directionlight light source.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZucc View Post
          I am currently running into this problem, I just received the consumer version of the VIVE and I am using UE4.11. The performance between the Oculus DK2 and the VIVE are way off. (At least 75 FPS on the DK2 and about 44 on the VIVE.) We also have an Nvidia 980Ti card. For what ever reason I can not see the VIVE in the windows area to change display resolution. I only see one monitor at all times, even when running my UE4 game in VR mode. If any was encountering a similar situation and found a solution I would be most grateful if you could share what it takes to fix the problem. Thanks in advance! NickZ.

EDIT: I was able to take the VIVE out of direct mode, then I could shift the display in the windows area to change screen resolution, but when I played int UE4 the frame rate was not better it was actually worse. (Frame rate showed that it was the same, but in the VIVE the frame stutter was horrible, way worse than the direct mode.)
          same problem,never get higher than 45fps.

Comment

Do you guys have reprojection ticked on or off?
            Alex Leiva

Architect/Visualiser, National VR lead
            C o x Architecture

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-leiva-88187840/

COLORAMA - Cinematic color grading // The Vineyard Challenge Solo – Runner Up

Comment

Funny, in my case i get from 45 to 72 to 90, but never anything in between....
              FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
              TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

Comment

Working...
              X