360 StereoPano Export Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3dlight View Post
    Hi Maxxi! I just tried the scene you sent, and it worked fine on my end. Buut, it Looks like more folks are having this problem. I'm not set up with multiple systems to test with. All I can ask for is some help in troubleshooting.

I'm using a GTX 980 which has 4GB ram. My system is running with 16GB of ram, and I'm using Win10 with Oculus runtime 0.8.0. It is important that your DK2 be turned off. If it is on, there in nearly always a crash.

Looks like you are a step above. I see your (Maxxi's) specs above. If anyone else is having success or problems with the 4.10 version, please let me know your specs.

Can you try hooking up the DK2 but leaving it off during a test?
    So I tried the same file with my Oculus off on my Pc (win 7), it crashed after 100 frames.

I also asked a friend to test it ( same PC as me with win 10), failure as well.

It seems you did something special with your own PC!

Maybe If someone on this thread could confirm he was successful?

At least we would know if it is working anywhere other than your PC
    Olivier Demangel

Designer

IVR-Nation
    http://ivrnation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 3dlight View Post
      Another general note. 4.10 updated the export movie dialog, and I did have some crashes with certain settings. Here's what I'm using that is working for me. The output resolution should be set based on the res of the capture cubes and whether you used SBS or TopBot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69878[/ATTACH]
      Hey 3DLight your attachment seems broken.

Would love to get a 4.10.1 update.

Originally I was able to get 700 frames rendered but now I can't seem to get past 20 without crashing maybe 100 tops. I've done nothing different - even a new project crashes.

Comment

This is a nice solution to implement quickly and with ease.

Unfortunatly I'm getting a lot of stitch error. I also noticed it crashed quickly when cubes were set to 2048px (Geforce 770 GTX 4gb)
        Was wondering this solution doesn't use AA, am i correct in this?

Considering your feedback on:
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...xport-Pipeline

Does it mean this solution doesn't have as static shadow / lightmap issue and less distortion in the back?

Comment

Hi , I also test your plug-in. thank you. Well , i point one kind of questions. How to makes camera animation ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF68mu8YL8Y

Comment

Wow 3dlight! Your example project and tutorial are extremely useful. Thanks again for this amazing contribution to the UE4 + VR communities!

Do you think it would be possible to take panoramas (stills only) via C++ at runtime? Spawn a scene capture cube (or just take screenshots from the cardinal directions), do the material blending, render to a texture, and then take a screenshot from the PanoCapture camera (using the HighResScreenshot function)? Does that seem viable to you?

Seems like it would definitely cause a performance hiccup, but it would be an awesome feature for players!

Comment

Just a note to anyone else who might be having issues with frequent crashes due to your sequence being too bonkers- try exporting as a PNG sequence instead of AVI. That way, you can keep the frames that you didn't get to. You'll have to bring your sequence into a video editor to push them back together, but it will save you time in the end. EDIT: Also, be sure to unplug any HMD that you might be using prior to starting your render.
              Last edited by SBiegun_PDG; 01-20-2016, 10:44 AM.
              Steve Biegun
              Virtual Design Manager

Comment

Works great in the editor, crashes after a few frames while recording - even with an empty level with just the PanoCapture and PanoCamera in it.
                (No HMD connected, Sequence exported as JPG, running 4.10.2 on Win 10 x64.)
                Last edited by Mate; 02-16-2016, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Having some problems too using 4.10.2. Works OK in the PanoCam2 Project but when I´m migrating the files to another project and using them it almost instantly crasches, I can´t get more than 20-30 pictures before it shuts down. Using R9 390, 4690k, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1 64bit

Comment

Same result as the two users above. The most frames I was able to grab was 22 frames and it just halts. I don't think it officially, crahsed, but it's just hung in an infinite loop like state. Thank you for all of your help and making this though. Determined to figure this out. My system specs: i7 4790, 32GB Ram, GTX 970 4GB Vram, Windows 7 64bit Pro. Tested with UE4.10.4.
                    Last edited by echoform; 03-07-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

How would I use this to render out top/bottom equirectangular stereo panorama ? Something like this: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...UdtTmNxdXQzaUU

Comment

Tested again with 4.11.0 Preview 7 and I didn't experience any crashes or hanging. It output all of my frames in my test scene. Will report back if there are any issues with my final scene which will be more complex. Thanks again!

EDIT: After further tests, I discovered that frames start to skip in the renders after 10 seconds or so. I need to create something longer and it seems it's not possible with this tool. It's impossible to render out different chunks of frames as the particles won't match up. There's also a huge seam where the left and right side of the frame meets, which I don't know how to resolve. Hope somebody else has found a solution to these limitations.

EDIT_02: To minimize slowdown, if you turn off 'Real Time' in the viewport and change the lighting to 'Unlit', even if the capture textures are at 2K, it's not too bad to navigate.

EDIT_03: I was able to export out footage over 20 seconds, just make sure a lot of other programs are closed and there is as much free RAM as possible. But particles still don't draw on one side, which I believe is a limitation to Matinee's 'Save Movie' function and not related to this tool.
                        Last edited by echoform; 03-08-2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I posted some instructions for the new built-in StereoPano plugin here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post492644

Comment

Thank you. Glad to see some good info on this.

Comment

Awesome! Will this work also with 4.8.3?

Comment

the blueprint option that 3dlight made works with 4.10. the epic plugin works with 4.11.

Comment

Working...
                                X