Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An idiots guide to using the Oculus SDK with FMOD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Solved: http://i.imgur.com/dySXSr3.png

    You have to add an FMODAudio object to the blueprint class. You cannot select an event from Play Event Attached.

    Comment


      #32
      I tried everything and I am not able to make this work, I always get error
      Code:
      LogFMOD:Warning: d:\jk\workspace\Build__1.7__UE4Libs_Win\studio_api\src\fmod_effect.cpp(189) - Missing DSP plugin 'OCULUS SPATIALIZER'
      LogFMOD:Warning: d:\jk\workspace\Build__1.7__UE4Libs_Win\studio_api\src\fmod_bankmodel.cpp(232) - Creating stub DSP plugin model and continuing.

      Comment


        #33
        Hey Opamp. I tried to follow your guide but with the changes to the plugin/fmod it does not seem to work anymore. Anyone try this with the current Audio SDK and current version of Fmod?

        When I drop my events into the level they do not play Audio. I can right click on the event in the UE4 editor and click play and hear the audio. Is there something I need to ensure to get it to play right away?

        Little differences I notice now:

        The Oculus FMOD plugin looks different with different knobs.

        I have two FMOD plugin in UE4 editor. FMOD Studio and FMOD Oculus plugin. I have tried enabling and disabling them.

        I test in the editor, VR Preview and from a compiled EXE.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by coderob View Post
          Hey Opamp. I tried to follow your guide but with the changes to the plugin/fmod it does not seem to work anymore. Anyone try this with the current Audio SDK and current version of Fmod?

          When I drop my events into the level they do not play Audio. I can right click on the event in the UE4 editor and click play and hear the audio. Is there something I need to ensure to get it to play right away?

          Little differences I notice now:

          The Oculus FMOD plugin looks different with different knobs.

          I have two FMOD plugin in UE4 editor. FMOD Studio and FMOD Oculus plugin. I have tried enabling and disabling them.

          I test in the editor, VR Preview and from a compiled EXE.
          I have'nt tried using FMOD since I wrote this guide TBH. But i'd imagine the reason there are two plugins is because Geoff @ FMOD did what he suggested and seperated out the standard FMOD plugin and my additional blueprint nodes into two seperate modules.

          Originally posted by Geoff Carlton;
          Hi,
          I'm the lead developer on the FMOD Studio plugin for UE4. I love the work you've done here!

          Exposing the OSP functions into Blueprint and the Settings dialog is a great idea. In terms of the actual code changes, I'm inclined to add support for it via a separate module instead. That would make it easy to strip out for those users who don't want to use it, or for platforms which currently don't support it at all at the moment. I think we could probably get this added as an official part of the FMODStudio plugin for the next release.
          As far as your other issues are concerned I really cant remeber how the audio events works.

          This video series might shed some light on that.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by VRPixel View Post
            I tried everything and I am not able to make this work, I always get error
            Code:
            LogFMOD:Warning: d:\jk\workspace\Build__1.7__UE4Libs_Win\studio_api\src\fmod_effect.cpp(189) - Missing DSP plugin 'OCULUS SPATIALIZER'
            LogFMOD:Warning: d:\jk\workspace\Build__1.7__UE4Libs_Win\studio_api\src\fmod_bankmodel.cpp(232) - Creating stub DSP plugin model and continuing.
            This isn't necessarily a problem. The integration uses on FMOD studio system while in the editor, and a second while in the game (or PIE). The system used in the editor is for auditioning and general information querying, and we don't load plugins into that system for stability. If its printing that warning in the editor at startup you can ignore it. The error you want to keep on eye out for is a red error when running PIE that says "DSP plugin returned an error, bank will not load properly.".

            Other than that, there are two things to be aware of
            - Make sure the Oculus .dll you use is the same version in FMODStudio\Binaries\<Win64 or Mac> as the version you used in FMOD Studio.
            - In FMOD Studio Oculus project settings, click "Oculus Enabled". That should load the plugin for you when you run PIE or launched game.

            If you are still having problems, try posting a new Q/A on FMOD and we can dig into why its not working.

            Comment


              #36
              I work on a project for the Oculus Rift CV1. The problem i have is that the sound created with FMOD plays not on trough the Oculus Headphones but trough my standard speakers! I need 3d sound and therefore i would like to get some support how to get the sound played trough the Rift itself? Even when in the preferences i change the output to Rift Headset it wont use the headset!

              Comment


                #37
                The OP method doesn't work with 1.08 FMOD.

                There two knobs, min and max range on the panel of Oculus Spatializer. Those set the distance. Too bad you can't see it in the Editor when using Oculus (native FMOD plugin shows attenuation in the 3D view, Oculus' doesn't)

                Comment


                  #38
                  Thanks for the guide, some things were a little different on my end due to version and updates.

                  I'm at the stage of getting the attenuation working on a FMOD event. I tried a few different approaches.

                  I curious as to how you set the "Distance parameter" in the FMOD event to = attentuation in unreal.

                  A screenshot would be good of how you setup the blueprint for basic attenuation (if that's how you approach it)

                  Regards

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Thanks,

                    Unfrtuantly it doesn't work for me. Probably I don't have this ovrfmod64.dll file and I don't know how to download it. Or how to install it. I have fmod in my project folder not in my engine folder (I am working with source control)
                    I have fmod plugin working in Unreal and I have Oculus Spatializer appearing in fmod but everytime I enable spatializer everything in UE4 is silent.

                    I am using ue 4.18 and fmod studio 1.10.
                    @Bart_Kamski
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/KamskiStudio

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Bartosz Kamol Kamiński View Post
                      Thanks,

                      Unfrtuantly it doesn't work for me. Probably I don't have this ovrfmod64.dll file and I don't know how to download it. Or how to install it. I have fmod in my project folder not in my engine folder (I am working with source control)
                      I have fmod plugin working in Unreal and I have Oculus Spatializer appearing in fmod but everytime I enable spatializer everything in UE4 is silent.

                      I am using ue 4.18 and fmod studio 1.10.
                      Did you manage to find a solution to this, I'm encountering the same issue with 4.19 and studio 1.10.07.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X