Pixel Bleeding in Oculus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixel Bleeding in Oculus

In my current oculus project, when I turn my head there is a red/pink bleeding on the edges of meshes. I have a smooth 75fps and everything is sharp. The bleeding only happens when I turn my head and it seems to be more intense on darker objects. The mirrored display on the monitor does not have this effect so it appears to be something with the oculus and UE4. I have tried several other demos that do not have this problem. Does anyone else have this problem or any ideas as to what it might be? Is there a way to fix it?

Sounds to me like a persistence issue. If I turn Low Persistence mode off, I see a lot of ghosting from objects as I move my head around, and a generally 'swimmy' feel to the image. If its not already on, turn it on and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Ghosting you can get rid of by using "hmd sp 100" in the command console
      The purple smudge I'm not sure what causes it, if there's not a fix for it already then it has to have one done.

Comment

I have tried turning low persistance on and off but the problem exists in both modes. "hmd sp 100" also does not get rid of the problem. The ghosting effect is not of the objects themselves but of colors. It's almost as if the LCD screen is having trouble with the colors. I have tried making the lighting a lot brighter and this fixes the problem but it also gets rid of the overall feeling I am looking for. Any ideas why it would be happening in dark areas and not light ones? I am also only using solid colors right now for a blockout. Would textures fix the

Comment

Originally posted by EMcNine View Post
          I have tried turning low persistance on and off but the problem exists in both modes. "hmd sp 100" also does not get rid of the problem. The ghosting effect is not of the objects themselves but of colors. It's almost as if the LCD screen is having trouble with the colors. I have tried making the lighting a lot brighter and this fixes the problem but it also gets rid of the overall feeling I am looking for. Any ideas why it would be happening in dark areas and not light ones? I am also only using solid colors right now for a blockout. Would textures fix the
          Could be a hardware issue. We have about 8 DK2s here from various batches, and each one is slightly different. I can only assume its an artefact of the displays they're using.

Comment

Working...
          X