No announcement yet.

Gear VR support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried both...building from source and the Preview 5.

Comment

I dont think preview 5 works. Did you follow JJ's instructions step by step? What was your process? Maybe try just the FPS template level

Comment

Hey all I'm having a weird problem with the gear. I am in a default level (the one with just a platform) I bought some assets from the marketplace and I threw them into the scene to test FPS and cuz I want to see a wyvern in the gear vr . The problem I'm having is when I open the level on the gear the meshes are not in the game. They're collision boxes are there and for the meshes their entire body is a collision mesh that I can run into in the game but cannot see. Has anyone run into this? I also saw when I package out the log output gives me a logScript warning here it is... So I definitely know something is happening with my Wyvern BP but I have no idea why...

LogScript:Warning: Accessed None 'CallFunc_TryGetPawnOwner_ReturnValue'
        WyvernAnimBP_C /Engine/Transient.CharacterMesh0:WyvernAnimBP_C_153
        Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:012B
        Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:0077
        Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:00A2
        Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:012B
        Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:0077
        Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:00A2

Comment

Is the Gear VR support only in the Git build or also in the 4.7 I can get with the launcher?

Comment

I havent tried using the launcher but if you follow JJ's instructions from earlier you will be able to package out to the gear.

Comment

Hoorah! Finally got it working, the temple demo too. Thanks guys!

Comment

Good stuff mdhananjay! What did you do differently?

Comment

I have it building to Gear fine with example/blank projects, but when I take my 4.7 project, convert it, and install it to try on Gear - it only shows up in the left eye. The left eye is then split in half like the whole screen should be. So both the left and right eye show only in the left eye and the right eye is purely black.

Any idea what could be causing this?

It runs perfectly fine on DK2 btw.

Fixed Edit: For anyone that might run into this, changing target hardware in project settings to "Mobile/Tablet" and "Scalable 3D or 2D" fixed this.
                  Last edited by Thoth_FN; 02-17-2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Has anyone tried it on Preview 8? I am getting app has quit unexpectedly

Comment

Originally posted by mossberg385t View Post
                      Has anyone tried it on Preview 8? I am getting app has quit unexpectedly
                      How does it work, placing your osig file in Engine\Build\Android\Java\assets? I built using latest source and it has some rendering issues I've posted on the 4.7 preview post and have on answerhub, but otherwise it seems to work fine.

Comment

Late to the conversation but wondering if someone could help with this problem: I'm able to get templates to run on the gear vr however the image is not stereo'd

Any ideas? 4.7 Preview 8 gear vr plugin enabled, checkbox ticket, osig file in place (I assume it would not boot in gear vr without that)

Starting any app I see the "please insert into your gear vr headset" dialog upon doing so it loads but no left and right image - only one full screen image which I only saw what was going on after chromecasting first.
                        Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Hi!

Look this simply tutorial "Deployment to Samsung Gear VR with Unreal Engine 4"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGe-O_PWVI

Comment

For anyone having trouble with deploying to gear vr. Build a 4.7 engine from github. I do not believe preview works and a common thread that I see everyone having issues with deploying is that yall are using preview. Build from github and all your gear vr dreams will come true.

Comment

ah **** sorry, saw the option in Preview 8 and thought it was working there already
                              Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

I made a tutorial of the instructions provided by JJ Hoesing, and also included enabling USB Debugging on Note 4, and using your PS4 Controller on Android as an Input Device. I'm so pumped!

Comment

Working...
                                X