No announcement yet.

Gear VR support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got my first build up and running thanks to the youtube video.

Things to note:

the tegra kit required more than just 2013 express visual studios, I had an installer for professional through msdn that I was able to get so that got worked out. It may have been a specific part of the package that needed it, but without more specifics on what was actually needed for gear development I didn't want to uncheck anything.

I ignored using the github program and just downloaded 4.7.5 straight from the releases, made things a little more manageable for me YMMV

This was the first time I've ever encountered a filepath error, it was too many folders in, over organization is a real thing!

Other than that, following the video got everything working right off the bat. I have the FPS demo loaded, it worked with my iMpulse controller right off the bat(movement, and jumping at least, firing only worked with the touchpad), next is onto porting my world generation code and building more assets!

Also: for some reason the text "First Person template" is hidden in the left eye when you get close to it. Any idea what could cause that?
    Last edited by Thunter124; 04-13-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunter124 View Post
      I've got my first build up and running thanks to the youtube video.

Also: for some reason the text "First Person template" is hidden in the left eye when you get close to it. Any idea what could cause that?
      I had the same error in mine, including other issues with text rendering.

Comment

Do you guys have mobile HDR enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by MrScratch View Post
          Do you guys have mobile HDR enabled?
          No I don't. I've also tried disabling occlusion culling and messing with the lighting, but it doesn't seem to help.

Comment

I may have found a solution: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ng-issues.html

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
              I'm wondering now if this might be Note 4 model related? - I'm testing with my Exynos model which has a different GPU from the Snapdragon model ...
              I'm also having this issue with my N910U.

Has anyone been able get this working on Exynos?

EDIT: Found support thread @ https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...r-support.html

Seems to be working fine on Lollipop.
              Last edited by hitchcott; 04-19-2015, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

Not so much to address anyone's specific problems but just to mention in general, we have new VR documentation that might help. Good luck!

Comment

Hi all,

I have manage to build and run on the GearVR, but all the meshes display black, almost as if the textures are not loaded. Any ideas?

Thnx.

Comment

First thing that comes to mind is whether the textures are larger than 2048x2048 or not a power of 2 (i.e. 256, 512, 1024, etc.)? The Note 4 can only handle texture sizes in powers of 2 up to a maximum of 2048.

GearVR Best Practices: Texture Considerations

Not sure if that's it as I'm figuring all of this out too, yet hope it helps if so.

Comment

Thank you, I have both textures above the 2048x2048 and also not a power of 2, should have paid more attention to that. Will try to see if changing those will help and post back the result. I was thinking high resolution textures would produce better results

Comment

Originally posted by NobleSpoon View Post
                        I haven't seen the ghosting issue. Originally, I was getting 30FPS. I have stripped down everything in my level to bare minimum and it is locked in at 60FPS. I'm slowing adding things back to find the performance hit.

I'm not sure about the one from Epic but the Oculus fork added Set/Get Screen Percentage which seems to be a replacement for the broken HMD SP XXX. However, I've tried setting various values but it doesn't seem to be taking them.
                        Has anyone had any luck with increasing the screen percentage past 100%?

Comment

Hi just wondering, must i get the 4.7 version from github or can i just use the one i installed using the UE4 Client for this to work?

Comment

Latest UE4.8 preview is 'working' for me as in you'll be able to get your export working on your device - however both versions still have a lot of issues unfortunately ... The 4.8 preview still has not included alot of the GearVR fixes that should be there ...
                            Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Does anyone have a Gear VR project example that actually runs well in UE4?

Comment

From: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post246580

Originally posted by Nick Whiting View Post
                                Templates:
                                We've also got a rough template that we've passed off to the docs team as well. We're hoping to get that up in the learn tab. In the meantime, I've uploaded the sample here to get you started:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-J...ew?usp=sharing

Again, this is being updated and improved by the docs team, but wanted to get you guys something to start with.

Also, I want to mention that if you start your project with the Mobile settings, and Scalable, and then turn off MobileHDR, you'll be at a good base level to start with, even without the template, so give that a shot if you're having trouble!
                                The google drive link is a pretty simple example showing the different lighting techniques in an environment where the settings are optimized for GearVR that I started with for my project
                                Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Working...
                                X