UE4.25 Oculus Build, Oculus Link, Hand Tracking and VR Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zhang.dev View Post

Your reply is surprising. Link only transmits data. After the application has developed gesture-related development, it naturally supports gestures. How can you directly say that Link does not support gestures? I now use the Link method to interact with gestures very smoothly. After all, the VR all-in-one machine is really hard to run large industrial models. Running on a workstation through and streaming display is the correct way to open it.
    All I was trying to say is that as far as I know you cannot develop a desktop application that supports hand tracking even if you use Link. I know that you can use Link and get hand tracking running in Unreal but the Oculus Home doesn't support it and unless I am missing something there is no app on the Oculus Desktop Store that supports hand tracking and there is no way for now to make one.
    Originally posted by zhang.dev View Post
    Let the Quest enter the Link mode and VR preview directly in UE4. This way is no problem.

My problem is that this method does not work in packaged Windows applications. I don't understand what went wrong. If anyone has tried this way, please email me, thanks.

zhangypcn@outlook.com
    I had originally replied to this as it is not surprising that it doesn't work in a packaged build, Link does not support hand tracking for now. When I say Link I don't refer to the actual cable but the whole system which includes support by Oculus on Desktop. If you have actually managed to package for Windows and get hand tracking working I'd love to know how you did it and even get a build to test on machine.
    DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

Im using the 4.26 preview 4. I a able to use hand tracking using preview in VR inside Unreal. Works pretty well and the tracking is ok. I package the file and when I install it on quest (using sidequest), its all a black screen. I know the hand tracking is working because if I turn my had towards me I could do the system reset action with my hand.
      I opened the handSample file in the oculus help url

Comment

Working...
      X