UE4.25 Oculus Build, Oculus Link, Hand Tracking and VR Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE4.25 Oculus Build, Oculus Link, Hand Tracking and VR Preview

Does anyone know if its possible to use the Hand Tracking example in VR Preview via the Link Cable?
    Or do is it necessary to build first?

I'm curious about this too!

Comment

Let the Quest enter the Link mode and VR preview directly in UE4. This way is no problem.

My problem is that this method does not work in packaged Windows applications. I don't understand what went wrong. If anyone has tried this way, please email me, thanks.

zhangypcn@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by zhang.dev View Post
        Let the Quest enter the Link mode and VR preview directly in UE4. This way is no problem.

My problem is that this method does not work in packaged Windows applications. I don't understand what went wrong. If anyone has tried this way, please email me, thanks.

zhangypcn@outlook.com
        To add: The packaged WindowsNoEditor uses Link, and the hand tracking does not respond.

Comment

How do you let the Quest enter Link mode "directly" in UE4?

Comment

Originally posted by noahfreemansf View Post
            How do you let the Quest enter Link mode "directly" in UE4?
            Open Link in Quest device, use VR preview in UE.

Comment

That does not work for me using the latest Oculus Quest Build of 4.25.
              What UE version are you using?

Comment

Still wondering about this.

To be clear, my process to test has been:

1. Turn on hand tracking in Quest
                2. Enable Link
                3. Open Handsample.uproject in UE4.25 Oculus Quest build
                4. Launch VR preview

Hand tracking is non-responsive.

Am I missing something?

Comment

I think Oculus said that hand tracking is not available in Oculus Link. Only if you use the Quest mobile.

Comment

SenseiHaketon is absolutely right you can use hand tracking withing Unreal (Oculus branch) but Link doesn't support hand tracking. I assume that have integrated the editor only hand tracking inside the Oculus Plugin to improve iteration times.

Right now if you are the Oculus Home on PC you can't use the hand tracking.
                    DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

Link does not support gestures only in the interface of the OculusRift system menu. . . Whether you can use gestures or not has nothing to do with Link. Your program needs to support hand tracking. Link is just convenient for debugging. I have completed the task of developing gesture interaction. I have been using Link. Why is there someone in the reply saying that Link does not support gestures? ?
                      Last edited by zhang.dev; 08-13-2020, 03:45 AM.

Comment

zhang.dev Oculus Link isn't a tool developed for debugging and it isn't just convenient for debugging, it literally allows you to use a Quest as a Rift or RiftS. Using Link you can play PC games using a Quest. Link does not support hand tracking, can you play hand tracking games on your PC? As you have noticed you can package for windows with hand tracking enabled and it won't work.
                        DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

When using the Link, the Quest is running in RiftS mode so no Quest-goodies active at that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DownToCode View Post
                            zhang.dev Oculus Link isn't a tool developed for debugging and it isn't just convenient for debugging, it literally allows you to use a Quest as a Rift or RiftS. Using Link you can play PC games using a Quest. Link does not support hand tracking, can you play hand tracking games on your PC? As you have noticed you can package for windows with hand tracking enabled and it won't work.
                            Your reply is surprising. Link only transmits data. After the application has developed gesture-related development, it naturally supports gestures. How can you directly say that Link does not support gestures? I now use the Link method to interact with gestures very smoothly. After all, the VR all-in-one machine is really hard to run large industrial models. Running on a workstation through and streaming display is the correct way to open it.

Comment

Originally posted by noahfreemansf View Post
                              Still wondering about this.

To be clear, my process to test has been:

1. Turn on hand tracking in Quest
                              2. Enable Link
                              3. Open Handsample.uproject in UE4.25 Oculus Quest build
                              4. Launch VR preview

Hand tracking is non-responsive.

Am I missing something?
                              Check if Quest has turned on hand tracking.

Comment

Working...
                              X