Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oculus Quest VR Preview

HI,

VR Mode works perfect with my project using Oculus Quest with motion controllers. But in VR Preview, my motion controllers don't show up. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Using UE4 4.25.1 I am using Motion Controller Pawn. I started project with Motion Controller VR project template.
    Last edited by asmithey; 06-16-2020, 08:28 PM.

www.aaronsmithey.com

While I am not using 4.25.1 (using the 4.25 Oculus branch from GitHub) I have not encountered this problem. Are you using Oculus Link to use VR Preview mode by chance or VD? I am using Link and the controllers show up.

Comment

HI,

Yes, I am using Oculus link. I am not sure why I said the hands did not show up, they do show up. I meant to say the hands show up but the buttons and teleport do not work. But they work in VR Mode. But not in VR Preview.

Also, this project was started in 4.23 and I opened a copy of it in 4.25.1. These problems also existed in 4.23. But I wounder if I should migrate it into the 4.25,1 VR Motion Controller template?

EDIT: I migrated the project from 4.23 to the VR Motion Controller Template in 4.25.1 and the controllers now work in VR Preview. But is sluggish.

My system is: ASUS ROG Zenith II Alpha: CPU Threadripper 3390x: GPU Titan RTX: RAM 128 GB

One other issue I am having is UE4 does not list my Headset in the launch drop down. I have ADB installed, and can read my device from CMD. So not sure why it is not listed in Launch drop down. I have excepted the debug window that pops up in Oculus go, I am in developer mode. Android Studio installed..
      Last edited by asmithey; 06-17-2020, 06:24 PM.

www.aaronsmithey.com

Comment

I got it to launch on the headset finally. But it did not look as good as what is on the PC. It really reduced down the quality. No antialiasing. A few materials were missing textures. Non of my post process effect were showing. Lighting was harsh. Is this normal? I guess it was using the Android ES 3.1 settings. They do not look very good.
        Last edited by asmithey; 06-17-2020, 09:26 PM.

www.aaronsmithey.com

Comment

It is expected behavior for mobile VR, the post process is not supported, for the Antialising there is only MSAA 4x that is hardcoded to the headset. You can emulate the ES 3.1 on PC to get a better look what is going on.
          https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...wer/index.html

Comment

Thanks. I actually got bloom and some other post process things to work by turning on Mobile HDR and using Vulkan. It actually looks pretty good now. I enabled the MSAA too. For the missing textures, Android set up did not like the noise node. I was using it to mix textures to reduce tiling effect. I had to disconnect the noise node. Now textures work OK.
            Last edited by asmithey; 06-18-2020, 12:21 PM.

www.aaronsmithey.com

Comment

I have another question. Can Vulkan be set up to use Ray Tracing properly? Is Ray Tracing appropriate with Mobile VR?

www.aaronsmithey.com

Comment

Nope, its too heavy for mobile

Comment

Working...
                X