[ALMP] Asymmetrical Local Multiplayer Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ALMP] Asymmetrical Local Multiplayer Template

While working on a asymmetrical VR game I noticed many people can't find any decent tutorials or spend a lot of time gathering info bit by bit. So, I decided to help and made this template.

ALMP or Asymmetrical Local Multiplayer Template is a free Blueprint-only template that will help you build games in which VR and non-VR players play on one PC.

It's not ideal, but it's a start.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Unreal Engine: 4.22

Features And Controls:

PC
    • Shift + V To Toggle VR Camera On Monitor
    • WASD To Move
    • Space To Jump

VR
    • Hold And Release Face 1(Vive) or X/A(Oculus) To Teleport
    • Trigger To Grab

Supported HMDs:
    1. Oculus Rift
    2. Oculus Rift S
    3. HTC Vive
    4. HTC Vive Pro

Optimizations:
    • Forward shading ON
    • Instanced Stereo ON
    I tried to comment everything, however if you feel lost, have a question or found a bug feel free to message me here or on Discord(spammaleros#3771).
    Last edited by spammaleros; 03-18-2020, 09:34 AM.

Hello! First of all, thank you so much for this template! I was looking for a way to do this without running two instances of the app. One hiccup I think this version will present though is adding UMG or interactive UI elements to the PC player's view. From my understanding, adding UI to the view port won't work with spectator mode as one would hope. Do you have any examples where you could make that work?

Again, thanks so much for this template! Hugely helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_Bluecadet View Post
      From my understanding, adding UI to the view port won't work with spectator mode as one would hope. Do you have any examples where you could make that work?
      Yeah, it won't work. For HUD I'm using a 3D widget placed in front of the scene capture and is hidden from the VR player. For the pause menu I'm adding a sub-widget to this 3D widget and project mouse onto buttons.

I'm thinking of adding a sample UI/Pause menu features to the template, but was not sure if somebody actually needs this. If you are in a hurry check this project for UI bps. It should work.

Comment

Working...
      X