No announcement yet.

[FREE] VR Content Examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Si1weri I just looked at the screenshots you shared of your android project settings set up and I noticed you made the Minimum SDK version and the Target SDK version 21. In my testing I set it to 25, it wouldn't make the difference as it doesn't make sense that it affects key bindings, but just worth pointing out.
    Originally posted by Si1weri View Post
    DownToCode

Thank you very much!

So I tried this and got the following displayed:

https://youtu.be/SKIuNc-SSCQ

Pressing Go Trigger:
    -MotionController (R) Facebutton1
    -Oculus Touch (R) A press
    -Motioncontroller (R) Trigger
    -Oculus Touch (R) Trigger

Pressing Go Touchpad Up:
    -Oculus Go (R) Trackpad Touch
    -MotionController (R) Thumbstick
    -Oculus Go (R) Trackpad

Pressing Go Touchpad Down:
    -Oculus Go (R) Trackpad

Pressing Go Touchpad Left:
    -Oculus Go (R) Trackpad

Pressing Go Touchpad Right:
    -Oculus Go (R) Trackpad

Pressing Go Back button:
    -MotionController (R) Facebutton1
    -Oculus Go (R) Back

To me these seem to be wrong? I can't figure out what's wrong with this. I just tried to factory reset the Oculus Go too, but results are the same.
    I'm on Unreal Editor 4.24.3.

I can't figure out how to get at least three different buttons to work. I would be happy to get Trigger, TouchpadUp(pressed) and TouchadDown(pressed) to work, to get for example menu brought up in game by pressing TouchPadDown and moving forward with TouchPadUp, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Your help has got me forward by long shot already, as I now know how to check out the inputs that I'm really getting from the controller. Thank you very much for that! This is much appreciated!
    Some of those actually seem right like the Oculus Go Back button and others wrong, you still get the Motion Controller (R) FaceButton 1 because 4.24 is in the process of deprecating those and will still use them. For sure though the trigger is wrong as it shouldn't use the Oculus Go (R) Trigger.

Now that you see what the single buttons fire though you can fix your issues by using the keys you know that actually get used in the background (even if they are the wrong ones). By this, I mean that even if you'd expect the Oculus Go (R) Trigger to be fired when pressing the trigger you can use the Oculus Touch (R) Trigger instead as that's the one that you got printed.

If you need further help let me know but from this point ahead I would need you to share the actual project you are using (even if it's the VR Content Example) otherwise it's nearly impossible to know if you set up something wrong that I can't obviously see.
    DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this with community!

I have a suggestion for you, how about a climbing mechanism?
      Discord: OP #5992

Comment

Coverop that's actually already on my to-do list, so absolutely. It will be some time though before I release a new update as right now I'm focusing on making tutorial videos that explain the systems.
        DownToCode Website

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

Thank you very much DownToCode
          ​​​​​​
          After you showed me how to check the inputs received with any key, I think there's something broken in ue4.24 with Oculus inputs. At least with Oculus Go. There's no way to get the inputs (buttons) separated from touch pad as left, right, up, down buttons. Oculus support confirmed this after contacting them. So I currently have open support ticket at Oculus about Go inputs and continue with my project on engine 4.23, where everything still works as it should.

Comment

how do you download the files? I tried downloading it yesterday but it downloads as a Rar?

Comment

Hi Patrick_000 yes it's just that the project is compressed you can use WinRar to unzip it
              DownToCode Website

Comment

THANK YOU for offering this to the community, DownToCode ! This is awesome! I've just been trying to integrate the Drawer into my existing project. I'm using the default VR template with motioncontroller Pawn. I've gotten the drawer to open, but the hand doesn't let go. I see that you have a note that the "Pickup" and "Drop" handle only get called on pickup handle. Is this the cause for my troubles? Is there a reason for this functionality the way you have it set up, and can I change something in my UE4 VR template-based project to make it work? Thanks!

I'm also trying to get the velocity of the drawer. Do you know how I could do that?

Edit: The same thing happens with the Door blueprint as well. So maybe it's something to do with me using the default VR Template "BP_MotionController" and "MotionControllerPawn" instead of using yours? Maybe how it's calling on the motion controller variables? Not sure, as I'm no expert on all this. I look forward to your help with this!
                Last edited by MechanicWhispers; 04-30-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Hi MechanicWhispers I'm really happy to see more and more people are finding this useful. Regarding the drawer what the comment you mention means is that the drawer only gets grabbed when you overlap with the handle instead of the whole drawer, so that's not why you can't let go.

The reason for the bug is that if you go in the motion controller VR Template actor the release function checks if the attached actor is valid before releasing but also checks to see if the root component attach parent is the motion controller (this is done to avoid conflicts between the two hands release actions). The problem is that only works with the default cube since it's a static mesh actor and the root component is the object you attach to the hand, in the drawer example however we don't attach anything to the hand (we just track its location) so when you release that check fails and returns false.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	160
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1753426

If you look at my implementation of the release function you can see that I just check if the attached actor is valid which means that in the drawer example you can grab with the left hand then with the right, release the left-hand grip and the right hand will also release the object.

One way to solve that is to pass the hand enumeration (EControllerHand type) value into the pickup event then every time you pick up the drawer you update a hand variable inside the drawer blueprint (need to create one) so that the drawer knows which hand picked it up. You can then add a new event to the pick-up interface called CanPickupObject? which could also accept a hand variable and return a bool. You can then use this event instead of the check I highlighted in the picture aboe to know if you can release that object. The CanPickupObject? function has to obviously be implemented in the drawer actor so that it returns true if it's picked up and the hand variable is the same as the one stored or false if the hand variable is different.
                  DownToCode Website

Comment

Thank you, DownToCode ! That makes a bit more sense now. What I actually ended up doing, was replacing what you circled in red with a "Does Implement Interface" node and set it to "Pickup Actor Interface". That way, it works with both your drawer/door handles, as well as the default VR Template BP_PickupCube. Although, now, I'm not able to pass the cube from one hand to the other without the first hand dropping it. Need to troubleshoot that now on my end. Maybe I'll try to do what you say above, when I have a moment more.

Comment

Hey DownToCode ,
                      thank you very much for your support! It's awesome. I currently work on my doctorade and get some stuff in UE4 done. I currently have the problem, that when I import your ForceGrabPickupPawn I can't compile it. When I open your example projects, it works without problems. Just after the migration into my own project, this error occurs.

Name:	blueprint.png
Views:	114
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1753721

Comment

Originally posted by Proczy View Post
                        Hey DownToCode ,
                        thank you very much for your support! It's awesome. I currently work on my doctorade and get some stuff in UE4 done. I currently have the problem, that when I import your ForceGrabPickupPawn I can't compile it. When I open your example projects, it works without problems. Just after the migration into my own project, this error occurs.

Name:	blueprint.png
Views:	114
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1753721
                        That looks to me like you need to add/define Action Mappings to your own Project Settings for "LeftGrab" and "RightGrab"

Comment

Proczy MechanicWhispers is absolutely right. Those are action mappings that get defined in the project setting inputs. They will be recognized in the VRContentExamples project because I defined them. However if you migrate anything to another project you will have to redefine the action mappings and assign them to the right buttons in the project settings inputs of your project.
                          DownToCode Website

Comment

Hi DownToCode ! I've been playing with your "Door" example, and I am trying to push what it can do. I would like to make double doors, so that when you pull the handle on one, the other opens to the same angle. And vice versa. I've tried implementing a blueprint interface to get the doors to talk to each other and share the "door angle". But that wasn't working. Then I just used custom events to try the same thing. This is working a bit better, but the doors are still not moving correctly. Any idea how this could be done?

Edit: Just to be clear by "double doors", I mean dropping in your door blueprint, then making a copy, and either scaling it in the negative Y, or rotating it 180 degrees. I've tried both ways, and rotating 180 degrees gave better results for the interaction. One is set to min angle:0, max angle 130. Then the other is set to min angle:-130, max angle: 0.
                            Last edited by MechanicWhispers; 05-04-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Hi MechanicWhispers one thing about the VRContentExamples examples is that they are very basic and the bare minimum to get something to work. So they are really a place to get you started. What you are after is totally doable but will most likely need some changes to the door logic to handle mimicking one door rotation to the other and viceversa.

Your thinking sounds good to me, you would probably make one door angle drive the other door, the only issue is understanding how to the angle works for the other door since it's flipped. I assume you wouldn't directly use it but would have to make some calculations before applying it.

Anyway it's something I will have to try myself to give you an answer. I'll get back to you when I gave it a go.
                              DownToCode Website

Comment

Thanks for sharing this.

Newbie question, but I opened DoorMap and hit Play in VR Preview, but my Oculus Rift controllers can't grab the door handle.

What should I do to fix this?

Comment

Working...
                                X