Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't toggle between VR and non VR Pawn

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can't toggle between VR and non VR Pawn

    Hi, I had a really bad time when I tried to toggle VR.

    Switching the Pawn is no problem, but deactivating the stereoscopic rendering seems impossible with the Steam VR Plugin enabled.

    The game starts without VR when no HMD is connected, but as soon as a HMD is found I can't get it to render with a normal camera.

    So far I tried EnableHmd and execute console command with "stereo off" and "vr.bEnableStereo 1" but I can't get it to render a normal image.

    My goal right now is to make the first map open without VR, with buttons to open the next maps with or without VR. As soon as that works I would like to be able to also switch while playing. But I also want to use Steam VR. ANy help on that is highly appreciated.

    #2
    I start in VR and turn it off. Then use "EnableHMD' to turn stereo rendering on and off. It works for me, but not in editor.
    Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
    And random stuff at Youtube

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
      I start in VR and turn it off. Then use "EnableHMD' to turn stereo rendering on and off. It works for me, but not in editor.
      Could you tell me where exactly you are calling EnableHMD and are you calling it in Blueprint or Code? And are you using SteamVR or something else?
      Last edited by RelaX92; 02-07-2020, 05:49 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by RelaX92 View Post

        Could you tell me where exactly you are calling EnableHMD and are you calling it in Blueprint or Code? And are you using SteamVR or something else?
        In blueprint. With SteamVR.
        Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
        And random stuff at Youtube

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by YuriNK View Post

          In blueprint. With SteamVR.
          I tried the same in the BeginPlay of the Level Blueprint which I want to start without VR, but thats not working for me.

          I will try it with a new empty project, maybe something is broken.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by RelaX92 View Post

            I tried the same in the BeginPlay of the Level Blueprint which I want to start without VR, but thats not working for me.

            I will try it with a new empty project, maybe something is broken.
            Have you tryed blocking the light sensor inside your HMD and together enable/disable HMD (it worked for me in version 4.20).

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RelaX92 View Post

              I will try it with a new empty project, maybe something is broken.
              I tried it with a blank project and now its working, even in the VR Preview. Thanks for pointing that out.

              Originally posted by game_master_jodan View Post

              Have you tryed blocking the light sensor inside your HMD and together enable/disable HMD (it worked for me in version 4.20).
              I didn't try that, because my problem wasn't to enable the hmd, it was to disable it, blocking the sensor would mean someone is wearing it.

              Edit:

              It only works for the first time in the VR Preview, but that's not a huge problem, it still works when I launch the game.

              Thanks for the help.
              Last edited by RelaX92; 02-08-2020, 10:57 AM.

              Comment

              Working...
              X