Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setup nDisplay with ingame cameras

Hello,

I am working on a multiprojection project and I am trying to use nDisplay system to set everything up.
    I read the documentation and got a simple config file working, creating multiple nDisplay camera for my multiple screen.
    Now I want to apply post processing materials to the different camera (different post processing material for each display). Since the post processing configuration only supports OutputRemap effect I wanted to try to setup cameras in my UE scene before packaging the project and somehow bind these cameras to the corresponding display in the nDisplay system.

I had no success doing this via the config file as I did not find any specific setting for this purpose.
    I then tried to do it via a blueprint in the scene. Using the DisplayClusterProjection Module API and its Set Camera node but it did not seem to work as well.

I would love to have ppl's input on this problem.
    Thanks in advance for your answers

Click image for larger version

Name:	nDisplayPb.PNG
Views:	944
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1711159
    Attached Files

same problems here
    Where did you do the BP, the DisplayClusterSettings1?

Comment

I simply created a dummy actor and put it in the scene. This BP graph is linked to the BeginPlay event.
      To access the Display... API I think you need to enable the nDisplay plugin but I am not sure.

Comment

nDisplay dev here!

Now I want to apply post processing materials to the different camera (different post processing material for each display). Since the post processing configuration only supports OutputRemap
        nDisplay post-processing is very specific to nDisplay functionality and technically nothing to do with engine PP effects.

If you want to have custom rendering PP effects per viewports here is a way to do it:

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	762
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1732311

Comment

hell0w0rld123 How would you go about setting the nDisplay camera to a camera actor? Say, if you want to use it with Composure.

Comment

Hey there!

Back to the original question (how to map in-game cameras via BP):

If you use the 'SetCamera' function as shown in your screenshot, you also have to declare that nDisplay view to use a 'camera' projection in the nDispaly config file, e.g.

Code:
            [viewport] id="vp_1"      x="0" y="0"     width="750" height="750"      projection="proj_custom_cam"
            [projection] id="proj_custom_cam"  type="camera"
            Doing so should allow you to set the cam via BP. Not sure if that will use that camera's postprocessing though...

Max

Comment

Originally posted by hell0w0rld123 View Post
              nDisplay dev here!

nDisplay post-processing is very specific to nDisplay functionality and technically nothing to do with engine PP effects.

If you want to have custom rendering PP effects per viewports here is a way to do it:

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	762
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1732311

Hey hell0w0rld123, This is a great tip for getting custom post processing with NDisplay. Is there a similar function, or can you describe the process to get custom Lens settings with NDisplay?

Comment

Originally posted by melting_fractals View Post

Hey hell0w0rld123, This is a great tip for getting custom post processing with NDisplay. Is there a similar function, or can you describe the process to get custom Lens settings with NDisplay?
                What the use case for that?

Comment

Originally posted by mstummer View Post
                  Hey there!

Back to the original question (how to map in-game cameras via BP):

If you use the 'SetCamera' function as shown in your screenshot, you also have to declare that nDisplay view to use a 'camera' projection in the nDispaly config file, e.g.

Code:
                  [viewport] id="vp_1" x="0" y="0" width="750" height="750" projection="proj_custom_cam"
                  [projection] id="proj_custom_cam" type="camera"
                  Doing so should allow you to set the cam via BP. Not sure if that will use that camera's postprocessing though...

Max
                  Look at DisplayClusterProjectionPolicyAPI, there is something like SetCamera function.

Comment

Working...
                  X