Motion Controller Transforms are Erratic when Parent Object is Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Controller Transforms are Erratic when Parent Object is Moving

I am working on a VR space sim and trying to incorporate motions controllers (specifically SteamVR Index controllers). Everything seems to be working well when my ship is at zero velocity, but if I am moving, the hands start to jump around and update their transforms weirdly proportional to the magnitude of my speed. This is all single player and currently running from the editor. Its as if their transforms are being updated late and then trying to blend with the ships new position? The effect is that if I am not moving my hands, the VR hands can be jumping around in random directions by 'feet' at a time. If I rotate a hand, that hand will jump of in a much larger arc before returning to shake around my actual hand position.

The ship is a player pawn with a static mesh attached, which I use for physics base movement. Attached to the static mesh, in the tree, I have a VROrigin that I attach the VR camera to. In the ships Begin Play event, I spawn the SteamVR Input controller blueprint actors, and attach them to VROrigin using 'AttachToComponent' (this was copied from the SteamVR examples).

Does anyone know why this might be happening, or even better, a way to fix it? Thank you!

Set "Disable Low Latency Update" checkbox in settings of Motion Controller component.
    Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
    Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
    And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Thanks so much! That seemed to do the trick. I needed to open the BP_MotionController manually (from the file menu) in the editor to get to that check box, but it is behaving as I would expect it to now.

Comment

So, I am still working in 4.23.1, and it looks like this option has disappeared? My motion controllers started acting up again, and I no longer see a checkbox in the BP... Does anyone know where it went? TIA

Edit: Never-mind. It is still there on the motion controller component. I don't know what I was looking at.
        Last edited by OminousEric; 02-09-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X