Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interact with widgets using motion controller.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OCULUS] Interact with widgets using motion controller.

I want to press the buttons in UMG using motion controller but not by pressing buttons on it but rather touching the UMG buttons with the hand mesh. Any idea how to go about it? should i add a trigger volume to each button?
    http://virtualsurrealism.com/

Hey, one way to go about that is certainly with a trigger volume, you could have a widget interaction on the finger and a trigger volume that encompasses the entire widget. Once the finger enters the volume then you can fire the widget interaction PressPointerKey function. The trigger volume would obviously have to wrap the widget as tightly as possible while leaving a bit of room for the finger collision to enter on the side in which the widget faces.

Like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	34
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	1693718

And the widget interaction needs to be pointing in the direction the finger points.
    Email Plugin - An easy to use plugin to send emails from one email address to another.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualSurrealism View Post
      I want to press the buttons in UMG using motion controller but not by pressing buttons on it but rather touching the UMG buttons with the hand mesh. Any idea how to go about it? should i add a trigger volume to each button?
      Done something like that using the Hi5 VR gloves and yes, I also used the trigger box.
      I remember that one of Epic's dev suggested the use of the Index of the widget interaction to act as a finger and push the button...but honestly I never tried that, so you can give it a shot
      ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am trying to bypass the widget interaction, since there seems to be a bug that makes it impossible to use with Oculus Quest and Multi-View enabled.
        http://virtualsurrealism.com/

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am trying to bypass the widget interaction, since there seems to be a bug that makes it impossible to use with Oculus Quest and Multi-View enabled.
          Pretty sure there is no way to interact with 3D widgets without the WidgetInteraction component by default.

Comment

The "show debug" line of the widget interaction component doesn't work with the multi-view option checked. Probably a bug.
            The component itself still works fine, you can make your own "laser pointer" or just add a line to the controller to show is direction.

Comment

Working...
            X