Cannot pick up object a second time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot pick up object a second time.

I have actors with the Pickup Actor interface on them and I can pick up the object, but after I drop it I cannot pick it up again.

Additionally if I have the actor attached to a different actor and detach it in blueprints, I cannot pick it up either.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Platform_01EventGraph.PNG
Views:	69
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	1681647

I came across this issue myself Earlier while I was trying to solve my own issues with creating a BASE ACTOR. I was unable to pick up the Flashlight static mesh I just dropped.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...se-actor-issue

What I think is happening here is that you are picking up the item by the scene root, and on drop Event - setting the mesh to simulate physics.
    So it looks like you have dropped the item but really the root it still attached.
    I may be wrong , but if you do this with a static mesh actor or skeletal mesh actor BP, and NOT the actor BP it will work fine because the mesh is the root.

I don't know how to solve this just yet
    Last edited by AlphaWolF; 11-04-2019, 08:08 AM.
    Artstation

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaWolF View Post
      I came across this issue myself Earlier while I was trying to solve my own issues with creating a BASE ACTOR. I was unable to pick up the Flashlight static mesh I just dropped.
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...se-actor-issue

What I think is happening here is that you are picking up the item by the scene root, and on drop Event - setting the mesh to simulate physics.
      So it looks like you have dropped the item but really the root it still attached.
      I may be wrong , but if you do this with a static mesh actor or skeletal mesh actor BP, and NOT the actor BP it will work fine because the mesh is the root.

I don't know how to solve this just yet
      Just tested this theory. When I drop the object in game, I can see it is detached from the controller in the world outliner. Would that mean that the scene root is detaching from the controller?

Update: Okay I switched it to a static mesh actor in the class settings and I am no longer having the issue so I guess I would call this solved! Thank you very much
      Last edited by rreske; 11-05-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X