Can't navigate VRPawn anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't navigate VRPawn anymore

I just upgraded to the version 4.23 converting a scene that was created in 4.21 I'm exporting a scene to the Oculus Quest to test and I’m having a problem with the VRPawn. In the previous version everything was working but now when I try to teleport to a different location it doesn’t function correctly. I should be able to use the controller to point to where I want to go with the arrow and arc indicating where I’ll end up but now the arrow is locked below the Pawn and there’s a blue ball in my hand. If I point in the direction I want to go and press the hand controller button the pawn will move about a foot each time. Something is broken, I thought the collisions may be messed up but so far I haven’t found anything that would keep it from working. I’ve deleted and rebuilt the Nav mesh but it doesn’t make any difference, do you have any idea what’s going wrong?
    Devin Johnston
    Senior Associate
    Kirksey | Architecture

One additional piece of information that may be relevant is I updated the Windows SDK and now in order to side load my project to the Quest I have to turn off Gradle. I don't really know what it does so it may just be a coincidence but I thought I'd mention it. I've also tried deleting the Pawn and copying one from another scene that I know works into this scene but it behaves in the same way. I'm at a loss and would really appreciate some help.
    Devin Johnston
    Senior Associate
    Kirksey | Architecture

Comment

Greetings. I have a similar problem while working with the VR template. I open the motion controller map and everything works great. The VR pawn teleports with HTC's controllers as it should and I can grab the cubes. But after some additions to the level such as new corridors, rooms etc and some level BP functionality, the teleport function stops to work and the user cannot move at all. The blue arch that indicates the teleport is short and cut and no teleport square is shown. Also this happens sometimes when I reopen a VR template project that was working great before.

I try to edit the navigation mesh properties but this does not seem to help at all. The navigation mesh seems that works properly because I can see the green areas (by pressing P) that I want to teleport but as I said the teleport arch does not work.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
      Last edited by AereVoS; 10-15-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I had that problem too. If you have walls around take out from them any collision.

Comment

Ok thanks, I'll try that. The only problem is that I need the wall's collision.

Comment

I didn't had to remove any collision. I opened the project today and the teleport function is working again. Strange...

Comment

Originally posted by J_Tox View Post
              I had that problem too. If you have walls around take out from them any collision.
              I did this and now it works but previously in an older version the teleport function worked with the collisions. I'm glad it's working again but I'd really like to know why this happened.
              Devin Johnston
              Senior Associate
              Kirksey | Architecture

Comment

When you convert your scene to a new version it may be possible that unreal generate an auto collision with some meshs. (it was my case with a closed room)I spent lot of time to find a solution because I was not able anymore to navigate. By checking the mesh ,I saw that UE had generated a default collision. For VR I'm using Volumes to handle navigation.
                Last edited by J_Tox; 10-17-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X