Spawning/Placing a map in AR...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spawning/Placing a map in AR...?

I'm trying to place a level, rather than a blueprint in my AR scene. My issue is that it always places the map at the origin, not at the target point. I'm trying to avoid using a blueprint to place, because I'm having issues getting my animated paths to work in a blueprint, so I'm trying to place another map instead. Here is an image of what I've tried.
    Attached Files

I am having the same trouble with a blueprint class. It also spawns at the origin instead of the target image.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffie_H View Post
      I am having the same trouble with a blueprint class. It also spawns at the origin instead of the target image.
      I've attached an image of how I got a blueprint class to spawn/be placed alongside the picture frame example in Google's SDK example "AugmentedImages".

I added numbers to show the order to do it in. I basically created a new blueprint class called "mountian_bp" and added my new object to it, then modified the "PictureFrame" blueprint to place my mountain_bp blueprint. Hope this helps! I'm still hunting down a way to spawn/place a map

Attached Files

Comment

I've always wondered what that set extent thing did exactly (or at least did well). Seemed to work for simple meshes, but more complex ones, it kinda just gave up on me and acted wonky. Instead, I used a simple setworldtransform via a blueprint to blueprint function call. First, this one in the main blueprint. Got rid of the set extent and called a function from this main level blueprint to one in the picture frame. See the highlighted in orange below that was my replacement:

Click image for larger version

Name:	snippy1.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1664179
        Then in the picture frame blueprint I added this function that the function from the main blueprint calls:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	snippy2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	1664180

Note you could do this with only the function I created, "set transform" (I know this is a horrible name and can be mistaken for a core function) and the built in "setworldtransform," but I needed to change some rotation things. Of course you could change the location, etc too - but this'll put your object (in my case, FemaleHead4 in the center just above the image.

I can write that this seems to be MUCH more responsive, where if I rotated the or moved this image at all it immediately moved the mesh - as long as it was tracking okay. I am not sure if it is because of this change or because of my change from 4.22.3 to 4.23.0 which I had just made. Note though that when I looked at the Visual C++ source code for 4.22.3, the ARCore plugin imported version 1.6 of ARCore (though the docs say otherwise, 1.7, which could also be why face tracking never worked for me...) but 4.23 imports 1.9 which maybe coincidentally, maybe not, supports live image tracking (you can move the image around and so will your mesh - just like mine currently does). So anyway - maybe it is worth a try for you since it only takes a couple of minutes to set up.

Rob
        Attached Files

Comment

If any of this is set to static, does it still move to the new location?

Comment

Working...
          X