UE4.23 Preview - Hololens2 Emulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    1. I don't know right now. I see 4.23.0 preview 2 in Epic Games Launcher but I don't tested its HoloLens2 support. But HL2 support surely present in Githut 4.23 preview.
    2. No. You can run and debug without adding a device or emulator.
    Last edited by AndreyChistyakov; 07-18-2019, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for the details - does this only work if you install Engine from source ?
    And there's no need to add the device (emulator) to the devices in unreal ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Debugging is available too. Do all steps from my previous answer but don't start the app.

However open MSVS, then go to Debug/Other Debug Targets/Debug Install App Package/Remote Computer/Manual connection.

Switch to Device Portal and take IP address of the running emulator. Assign in MSVS

Address -> IP of the emulator
    Authentification -> Universal

then Start in MSVS. You would need to add a path to your symbols too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Andrey
    Thanks for your answer - I would like to debug/deploy directly to the emulator, not over a build.
    The same way you deploy on a mobile device that you have the opportunity to debug.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I did it. You should install and run the emulator manually from MS website. I suppose that you have done that already.

UE4.23 don't support direct run on the emulator from the editor. When you have started the emulator, click to Device Portal icon (with a little globe). The DevPortal will be opened.

Compile a project with emulator support (select it in Project settings/HoloLens)

Then go to Views/Apps/Deploy Apps, click Browse, find your package and click Install. When a package will be installed, find it in Installed Apps, select and click Start.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UE4.23 Preview - Hololens2 Emulator

UE4.23 Preview - Hololens2 Emulator

I'm looking for a way to connect the HoloLens2 emulator ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...olens-emulator ) to the target platform settings of UE.
    If possible with the Preview and not the source from GitHub.

Has anyone done this before?
    Following steps are working:
    - Windows Insider Account / SDK
    - UE4.23 Preview in combination with the example project from here ( epic.gm/wmrexample )

Hanging here:
    - Link the device (which is created with the plugin) to the emulator

Working...
X