Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enter Reality View Post
    Hi Rune,

There's no built-in setup for a pinch gesture, right?

https://giphy.com/gifs/hpEpXagbqdvNp5SEZ8/html5

I'm currently doing this with the Noitom Hi5 gloves, and I would like to know if something like that is already integrated, or coding is needed.
    For Index controllers, there is a "Pinch-Grab" special action. We've incorporated a pose for pinching in the sample content as well to demonstrate this (bow and arrow)

Comment

Originally posted by Valve Corp View Post

For Index controllers, there is a "Pinch-Grab" special action. We've incorporated a pose for pinching in the sample content as well to demonstrate this (bow and arrow)
      Coo, thanks for the info, I completely missed that
      ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Just out of curiousity: Is there any information on the roadmap? What kind of features are lined up for upcoming versions?

Comment

Hello RuneBerg !

I just updated our project to use the SteamVR Input, and it all works fine for me on Index.
          But my colleague is having the same problem as anti_zer0 , the controllers aren't visible at all (on vive). If he package the game the controllers become visible, but it appears that the actions doesn't work since you can't pick anything up etc.
          Also when I opened up the controller bindings on his computer (via SteamVR dashboard) the mapping looks completely different than the default ones I set in the config.

It's the same issue with the sample map and on a new project (with vive). Oculus and Index appears to work.

I am thankful for any help I can get, since the game is now broken
          Twitter: @Trolljeigur

Comment

Originally posted by Joakim Olsson View Post
            Hello RuneBerg !

I just updated our project to use the SteamVR Input, and it all works fine for me on Index.
            But my colleague is having the same problem as anti_zer0 , the controllers aren't visible at all (on vive). If he package the game the controllers become visible, but it appears that the actions doesn't work since you can't pick anything up etc.
            Also when I opened up the controller bindings on his computer (via SteamVR dashboard) the mapping looks completely different than the default ones I set in the config.

It's the same issue with the sample map and on a new project (with vive). Oculus and Index appears to work.

I am thankful for any help I can get, since the game is now broken
            Hi... Can you have a look at your colleague's %APPDATA% directory, check for the name of the project (packaged build) and delete any previous configs/input.ini there inf any?
            Last edited by Valve Corp; 10-01-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Valve Corp

Does IVRSystem::GetStringTrackedDeviceProperty(..., ETrackedDeviceProperty::Prop_ModelNumber_String, ...) return names of controllers equal to default_bindings/controller_type in json manifest file? It seems that I can't correctly detect when using Oculus Touch.
              Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
              And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                Valve Corp

Does IVRSystem::GetStringTrackedDeviceProperty(..., ETrackedDeviceProperty::Prop_ModelNumber_String, ...) return names of controllers equal to default_bindings/controller_type in json manifest file? It seems that I can't correctly detect when using Oculus Touch.
                Hi YuriNK - That call returns the modelnumber provided by the driver so it may not strictly match the controller_type in all cases. A quick way to check what this text is, is from the steamvr system report.

I hope that helps!

Comment

A quick way to check what this text is, is from the steamvr system report.

I hope that helps!
                  Thank you. The problem is, I have no Oculus Touch to check.
                  Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                    Thank you. The problem is, I have no Oculus Touch to check.
                    Code:
                    Model String Property - Controller ID's

oculus rift s
                    oculus rift cv1
                    VIVE Controller MV
                    VIVE Controller Pro MV
                    knuckles
                    Keep in mind that I have ran into the model strings being formatted differently on different computers, you would want to search for relevant unique substrings.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Code:
                      Model String Property - Controller ID's

oculus rift s
                      oculus rift cv1
                      VIVE Controller MV
                      VIVE Controller Pro MV
                      knuckles
                      Keep in mind that I have ran into the model strings being formatted differently on different computers, you would want to search for relevant unique substrings.
                      Thank you, mordentral! Unfortunately, I used search for "oculus" from the beginning, so it seems that issue is somewhere else in my project.

Comment

Hi... Can you have a look at your colleague's %APPDATA% directory, check for the name of the project (packaged build) and delete any previous configs/input.ini there inf any?
                        Sorry, doesn't work, the motion controllers are still dead on vive when previewing in editor, and actions doesn't work in packaged build.
                        Twitter: @Trolljeigur

Comment

Originally posted by Joakim Olsson View Post

Sorry, doesn't work, the motion controllers are still dead on vive when previewing in editor, and actions doesn't work in packaged build.
                          Hi Joakim - can you send me please the following:

(1) All files under Config
                          (2) Log files under Saved directory
                          (3) Relevant APPDATA files located in the machine that's having the issue

runeb@valvesoftware.com

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X