Valve Index: Valve to launch VR headset in May 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve Index: Valve to launch VR headset in May 2019

What do you think? Does anyone know anything about it?

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/valve_index/

VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
    Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
    Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
    Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

This is the first I heard of it, I wonder how much support Vive will get now using SteamVR.
    | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_T View Post
      This is the first I heard of it, I wonder how much support Vive will get now using SteamVR.
      Im surprised there's been little discussion on here. Especially about the new knuckles controllers with finger tracking.

They will open up a lot more interactivity for vr games which is cool. Valve just released a new unreal plugin for them here. SteamVR Unreal Plugin v0.5alpha

The specs for the headset are likely going to be pretty good. People suspect 2160x2160 per eye with an fov around 135. We might even see eye tracking but it's unlikely. There's also a space for something like a lighthouse or hand tracking module on the front under the glass. Exciting stuff!
      Last edited by Magneto; 04-21-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

We are hoping it's 2160x2160 and not 1600x1400, the same as Vive Pro. If it's 4k, then I will be very happy to buy it and not have to pickup the HP Reverb or Acer 4k HMD coming out.
        If it's 1600x1400, then I will have to buy both HMD's, Index and one of the others mentioned. Go to have both in that case.

Comment

Tested's Valve Index VR Headset In-Depth Impressions!

Looks good but cost needs to come down quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
          X