Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Object Scanning - Arkit - Anyone have any success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Object Scanning - Arkit - Anyone have any success?

I've been working on object scanning and detection and have created a basic app to define a candidate object extent to capture, however at the point of saving the candidate object the app crashes. It also shows a false result when using the 'Is AR Session Supported', despite using a Ipad Pro 12.9" with the latest iOS software (12.1.3).

I'm struggling to find out where this is tripping up.

Any suggestions?

I am having the Same Problems. IT Crashes when calling the get candidateobjects from Blueprint. The Enterprise Support could Not Help me, too
    S. Hein, CEO, IT-Consulting Hein - IT-Service and 3D Visualisation

Comment

Originally posted by gproud View Post
      I've been working on object scanning and detection and have created a basic app to define a candidate object extent to capture, however at the point of saving the candidate object the app crashes. It also shows a false result when using the 'Is AR Session Supported', despite using a Ipad Pro 12.9" with the latest iOS software (12.1.3).

I'm struggling to find out where this is tripping up.

Any suggestions?
      Hi @gpround. I am following your step. Do you have any sample/tutorial about ARCandidateObject. Thank you very much.

Comment

This is the most obscure thing about ARkit for now, it seems that no one solve it and without a guide, there will never be one person to do it.

Comment

Has anyone been able to make progress on this problem? I'm able to successfully save a Scanned Object, however when I try to actively scan for a Candidate Object, it can never seem to find it. I was able to get the Image Scanning working so I used the part for actively scanning per frame and reworked it for Object Scanning, but haven't been able to successfully recognize my scanned object.

Here's a screenshot of the Events I'm using to successfully save a scanned object. If anyone needs help with getting that part working let me know.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Ue4-screenshot-object-scan.png
Views:	145
Size:	541.9 KB
ID:	1690927

Comment

Originally posted by blunt_action View Post
            Has anyone been able to make progress on this problem? I'm able to successfully save a Scanned Object, however when I try to actively scan for a Candidate Object, it can never seem to find it. I was able to get the Image Scanning working so I used the part for actively scanning per frame and reworked it for Object Scanning, but haven't been able to successfully recognize my scanned object.

Here's a screenshot of the Events I'm using to successfully save a scanned object. If anyone needs help with getting that part working let me know.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Ue4-screenshot-object-scan.png
Views:	145
Size:	541.9 KB
ID:	1690927
            Hi blunt_action, making any progress?

Comment

Originally posted by 欧米哥 View Post

Hi blunt_action, making any progress?
              Hey, unfortunately I have not been able to make any successful progress with the ARKit object scanning, however while trying to search for an answer i came across a developer on twitter who seems to have solved it, although their explanation isn't very descriptive. Here's the link: https://twitter.com/ayuma_x/status/1161927836438949888

Comment

Working...
              X